BBRT where you live... Good or bad?

Bbikercub

I live is a pretty big city. 800,000 population, with a half decent gay scene (not as good as Manchester sadly).

I've given up with BBRTs here as it's there are about 5 guys on it. 

How is BBRT where you live and have you found better sites/apps for hookups instead?

Never hooked with a Guy from BB here in Oregon. i live in a smallish town, 60k.  i imagine it's more active in Portland, seems to be when i check it out, though i have never used it while in Portland. 

i used it while on vacation in Ft Lauderdale FL and got decent response. 

• Like 1

It's worked for me a few times. I once hooked up with a "bottom" from BBrt answer a quick connect where I advertised anon action only, at my private gloryhole.  As the guy enters, the gloryhole is on their right, with the hole covered. I don't see them and they don't see me. Once they approach I remove the cover and begin with oral service. He asked to turn around, he fucked me for a minute or so, pumped his load, cleaned up and left. No talk, no chit-chat.

I've also hooked up a few times with a fuck buddy from the times of the telephone systems. He was then a hot guy in his 20's, now, still hot, has been to my private gloryhole a few times.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tallslenderguy said:

Never hooked with a Guy from BB here in Oregon. i live in a smallish town, 60k.  i imagine it's more active in Portland, seems to be when i check it out, though i have never used it while in Portland. 

i used it while on vacation in Ft Lauderdale FL and got decent response. 

BBRT isn’t as popular as it once was. When I was in my late 20s and 30s it was THE source to go if you’re only interested in BB sex. I only used BBRT and ADAM4ADAM as those were the only places where I can find likeminded guys into raw only. Manhunt was always a waste. Anywho, one thing I will say is that it’s only popular in big cities. When I traveled regularly for work to small towns & cities, BBRT wasn’t the place to get raw sex. 

These days I don’t see BBRT as very popular as everyone now is on Grindr and more than enough guys into BB that you don’t really have to go to BBRT. I personally don’t use BBRT or Grindr that much as I have enough to buddies that I don’t need to log on. I’ll occasionally log onto them when I’m interested in meeting new guys.

overall I find BBRT not useful if you live in a small town 

• Moderators

It appears to be quite decent in the major metro nearest me. Unfortunately for me, that's nearly two hours away by car. Anything closer is a bit thin - same few faces mostly (the closer towns are 20-50k population or so). In my town, I'm the only game in town.

• Like 1

I live in Cincinnati, pretty nice size city and area. Thery have over 500 listed in bbrt but if you look at the last log on date, most of them haven't been on for a while, same with A4A. A lot of the guys on one site will  be on the others sites. Same guys playing games. I seem to get a few interesting guys to play with. I don't think any of the sites are as good as 5+ years ago. I would say that considering the times bbrt is average. 

The one complaint i have is guys that don't take time to fill out even half of the profile. That goes for all sites, even this one doesn't enforce filling out parts. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JimInWisc said:

@viking8x6 Similar experience here.  I think down in Milwaukee WI experience seems better.  Away from the city BBRT not so effective.  I find mostly local married guys who love head but don't get it at home.  

I agree for around here, but that is one reason I get married guys to go up my ass. They aren't getting any at home so I benifit from yhat

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Hotrawbutt4u said:

The one complaint i have is guys that don't take time to fill out even half of the profile. That goes for all sites, even this one doesn't enforce filling out parts. 

Hey there.
We probably could have a separate thread for that statement about should people fill out fields? Sould the sites require fields to be filled out too?
I just had a similar conversation with a guy on Sniffies who's profile, in a passive bulling way, negatively talked about others profiles lacking information, and he could not understand why anyone wouldn't value all the fields. So I helped him out.

Reasons why fields on online social sites are not valued:

1 - Filtered out. People don't want to be filtered out of view of others, so leaving fields blank means you have to look.
2 - Judged. - Why bother putting something in a profile when a word or phrase gets judged by others without even talking to he person more about the topic.
3 - Fact or Fiction. - An ex of mine is 3 years older than me, per his drivers license, and 8 years younger than me on BBRT. Seriously? Why bother filling in fields when you or others can put anything they want.
4 - None of these. - This is the opposite of number 3 and NKP is annoying for this one, fields that don't represent you. On NKP you can't just be a Top, Bottom, or Vers with all their combo's. No you have to label yourself the most extreme of those roles. (Which I cannot picture right now as I cancelled that account months ago.)
5 - If you wanna know then ask. - If it's all there for you in boxes and written out (with and without punctuation) then you might as well let a computer select the person for you. No need to talk to people.

The Future of Hookups.....

Human: Computer I want to have sex. Please select for me someone with the following traits: a, b, c..
Computer: There are currently no available matches for you with those traits. Try again in an hour.
Human: Dam.

{Several hours later}
Human: Computer I need to have sex. Find someone with the following traits: A, B, C...
Computer: There are currently no available matches for you with those traits. Try again...
Human: Yeah yeah yeah Try again in an hour. This is bullshit. It was easier when I could just talk to the other guys instead of this computer crap.

Answer to the BBRT question (which the thread is about)...
Not a connection to be had with BBRT where I am.
Same stand and model types that you'd find in the bathhouses with their written preferences and unspoken exclusion criteria.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Bbikercub said:

I live is a pretty big city. 800,000 population, with a half decent gay scene (not as good as Manchester sadly).

I've given up with BBRTs here as it's there are about 5 guys on it. 

How is BBRT where you live and have you found better sites/apps for hookups instead?

Here in Austin there are probably a few hundred active guys on BBRTS...  however, it seems like most of them are bottoms.  Even people who are listed as tops or versatile tops seems like they are mostly looking to bottom when you actually hit them up.  And it may be because I'm older and a chub...  but there are a ton who are regularly on the site which don't answer mails.

1 hour ago, tighthole64 said:

I live in a rural redneck area so not so much.  Like all aps, the sane ol same ol guys.  Find it best when traveling as I'm fresh meat!

I agree. When I use to ravel for work I always had more replies, fresh meat.  However, got ghosted the same amount of times. 

I know this is off topic but I seemed to get more guys showing up on bbrts when I traveled. Of course, the question of BB or status would not come up. 

Edited by Hotrawbutt4u

Even in a city such as London, I've noticed quite a change over the last couple years - and not in a good way.

Maybe this is now because I'm over 40 and a vers/bottom, and I can't compete with the twink prepsters these days (nor do I try to, to be honest).  But I find many of the top or vers guys on there these days are after the anon and cumdump scenes.  See many of them signing up for the various cumdump parties at a certain central London hotel.  I've sometimes wondered how many of them actually turn up, though; as we know, the success rate for any group listing there was around 50% pre-COVID, and I'm unsure if that's held up the last few years.  I've also had guys message me on there asking me how many loads I have in me, then ignore me when I honestly tell them I've not had any yet.  Similarly, the bottoms that have asked me about whether or not I have top mates to share with them (I don't) or message me saying "## here looking for more" is a bit off-putting as well.

It used to be THE place to find like-minded men into all-natural play.  Everyone on there knew what they were getting into when they signed up.  The numbers started to explode post-PrEP; especially, in the number of bottoms on there.  I'm not slagging off PrEP, though; kinda wish it was around when I was younger.  I am saying, however, that it's made the site like many of the others.  It's somewhat lost its differentiating factor, as one can very easily find bareback play outside of the site.

I had better luck with it when I first moved to London, and had quite a bit of luck with it (and A4A) when I lived in Dallas.  I remember when the Dallas view would only get 3 or 4 guys online and now it seems to have exploded.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1