Post Your Problems With The New Site Here

jackdaw

okay .. happened again .. I logged out this morning .. got the "login" screen .. shut my browser .. and now I come on and I'm already logged in .. something is wrong - when you log out you should be logged OUT .. 

• Administrators

Sorry guys, I got a bit burned out and worked on other stuff the past week. I'm back. Sorta…

OSX 10.9.4

FF 32

That's my setup exactly - only FF upgraded itself to 32.0.1 in the last couple days.

This design is much less user-friendly.

To each his own. I'm using the same browser and OS and liking the new site. Maybe you have a Mac with a small screen? That could change things - but probably not THAT much…

• Everything takes up way too much space.  (i.e. there's way too much empty space around all of the buttons, except for the 'like this' button.  That's tight.)

Space around buttons is necessary to properly support touch devices. It's by design. My traffic is currently 30% mobile + 14% tablet. I can't ignore the needs of nearly half my traffic.

• Visted links don't exist any more, so it's far more difficult to tell at a glance what's already been viewed.

Actually in new content the entire row turns gray if you've viewed the new content in that thread. So in other ways visited links are even more prominent than before.

• When scrolling on a page, the header scrolls off, then as soon as it's off screen it POPS back on screen shoving everything down again.  (This one is particularly annoying since this jump happens on every page when scrolling.)

I'm on the same OS and browser and the header stays hidden for me. The only issue I have is when I jump into the middle of a thread there's a bit of banner until I scroll a little and then it disappears completely.

Could I be correct or mistaken; but isn't this site somewhat associated with RaunchyFuckers in some form?  I notice lately that the site won't accept my full member name (I use the same profile name on this site).  RF now appears to limit one's (member) logon to 12 characters max whereas, it no longer recognizes me as an already, registered member.  How can I get this problem corrected being that I'm now unable to log into my RF member profile (due to the new 12 character limitation factor)?

I had to completely rewrite the login process for Raunchy Fuckers. There was a lot of bad data in there because the login process wasn't quite right previously. I cleaned it all up and things should be OK now. I completed the work on 9/8. If you've had problems after that point, contact me @ support@studio3x.com, tell me your password and I'll debug with your user name and password. My test cases work, but there could still be some problem.

When I leave the site - I log off - and shut down the browser (Chrome).  Next time I log in - might be same day or next day - I'm logged in.  The system isn't logging me off.

I just did a test with Safari (a close cousin of Chrome) and it kept me logged out. I'll do some more tests when I get a chance.

• Administrators

I was reading the site on my tablet with Forum Runner. That was perfect. Now I have found the new forum in the browsers, but every link to a thread gives the error that there is no data on the link.

Forum Runner refused to install inself correctly on the new site. I've tried once again to reinstall it but keep getting errors. So I'm officially abandoning it. It will not be supported until there's a new version that works properly. (To be clear - that's not something I do - it's something the folks at Forum Runner do).

Sorry guys, I got a bit burned out and worked on other stuff the past week. I'm back. Sorta…

I don't blame you.  UI design is difficult.

Space around buttons is necessary to properly support touch devices. It's by design. My traffic is currently 30% mobile + 14% tablet. I can't ignore the needs of nearly half my traffic.

Yeah, this isn't your fault.  There's this resurgence in the idea that once-size-fits-all.  It never worked well in the past, and it still doesn't.  It's usually the desktop users who suffer most while the interface is 'dummbed-down' for the mobile users.  Knowing now that's what you've done, you've actually done a far better job than most.  So in spite of my not liking certain things about the redesign, I have to say good job.

Actually in new content the entire row turns gray if you've viewed the new content in that thread. So in other ways visited links are even more prominent than before.

That's non-standard UI and it's not intuitive, however, now that I know how it works, it will come in handy.  Thanks.

I'm on the same OS and browser and the header stays hidden for me. The only issue I have is when I jump into the middle of a thread there's a bit of banner until I scroll a little and then it disappears completely.

I did some debugging and discovered what the issue is.  It's not browser specific since it happens to me on Safari as well.  The problem isn't because I have a small screen, it's because I have a larger screen and dont run things full screen, or even in large windows.  I blew my browser to full-screen and discovered that you have another very large (2" tall) 3rd header that's hidden from me when I have my browser in my normal-size.

Slowly rezise your browser, making it smaller until that header (the one with the juicy ass) disappears.  Now, try to duplicate this behavior that three of us have reported up here.  Open a page and slowly scroll down, and you should experience the issue.  Personally, I think I'd rather have that keep happening than have that other huge header showing up on each page.  Anyway, that's what I've found.

Edited by Macahi

For me the site LOOKS great and it's definitely a step up but I find it really difficult/annoying to find new content and as such I am spending a lot less time here. On the old site I would just scroll through the "new content" page and liked seeing the one or two line previews of each new post because that would entice me into reading them. Now when I go to the "new content" page (https://breeding.zone/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=viewNewContent&search_app=forums) all I see is a bunch of thread titles and who posted last. I can't be bothered to read every new post without knowing what's in it and thus I just don't read them at all.

Is there an easy fix for this, RawTOP?

Guest slideinmedeep

I found out this morning I have colon cancer it has metastasized. I have surgery in 10 days, I wont be able to have sex anymore, my life is going to change, for what I have left. I want to delete my account because it wont be what I am anymore, and wont be what I look like. I need help, I don't understand how to do it, I don't mind paying for it, I don't have any of those pay accounts like pay pal things. id have to send a check, I sent raw top a message but have not herd back yet, I would appreciate someones help. thanks gary

• Administrators

I don't blame you. UI design is difficult.

That's not the reason. The other stuff I was working on was largely more web programming. It's more about debugging problems with other people's code. That part is a pain in the ass.

BTW, this issue is continuing - my heart is in programming some hookup sites I'm working on. Issues with this site just feel like an unproductive hassle at the moment. They're about to release a new version of IP.Board - I'm not sure whether to fix the issues with the current version or upgrade quickly and deal with the problems on that version instead. Head tells me to wait until I know IPB4 is stable. Plus, it's not quite out yet.

I did some debugging and discovered what the issue is. It's not browser specific since it happens to me on Safari as well. The problem isn't because I have a small screen, it's because I have a larger screen and dont run things full screen, or even in large windows. I blew my browser to full-screen and discovered that you have another very large (2" tall) 3rd header that's hidden from me when I have my browser in my normal-size.

Slowly rezise your browser, making it smaller until that header (the one with the juicy ass) disappears. Now, try to duplicate this behavior that three of us have reported up here. Open a page and slowly scroll down, and you should experience the issue. Personally, I think I'd rather have that keep happening than have that other huge header showing up on each page. Anyway, that's what I've found.

Well, it sounds like you have your interim solution - just have a longer browser window.

I did try to replicate the problem on FF 32.0.3 and Safari 7.1 and there is a point high up in the scroll where the header reasserts itself - not recognizing that the big image has been hidden. Once you're past the point where the big panel would be hidden (if it were there), then everything acts normally.

To say the least, that's not a high priority issue for me right now. Just make your browswer window longer and it won't happen.

And I have no idea why my post has the html markup in it...

It was happening to me in Safari whenever I did special characters (in my case an em dash).

For me the site LOOKS great and it's definitely a step up but I find it really difficult/annoying to find new content and as such I am spending a lot less time here. On the old site I would just scroll through the "new content" page and liked seeing the one or two line previews of each new post because that would entice me into reading them. Now when I go to the "new content" page (https://breeding.zone/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=viewNewContent&search_app=forums) all I see is a bunch of thread titles and who posted last. I can't be bothered to read every new post without knowing what's in it and thus I just don't read them at all.

Is there an easy fix for this, RawTOP?

There are stars and round icons on the left side of each post. Click that and you'll jump to the first unread post in the thread.

It sounds like you're on a small screen. Try turning your phone/tablet to landscape mode and see if the increase width gives you some of what you feel you're missing. Some stuff is just hidden on small/narrow screens.

This isn't really an issue as more of a question.  On your own profile you have hte Unproven box that may or may not have a number it it.  If I interpreted the help thing that pops up when you hover over it it is how many folks Liked something you posted.

Do we have to do something with this or rather is there something we should do with these?  I wasn't able to find anything related to them anywhere so was wondering what purpose is and if there is something we should do.   Thanks rawTOP.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.