Hiv-Positive Teacher Used Grindr For Unprotected Sex With 15-Year-Old

seaguy

This will bring some unwanted attention to those of us who live with HIV. I'm sure the phrases "They are all predators" and "Threats to society" and that lame ass crap will be filling the comment section on the news site and other websites... Dumbass should rot in prison. Not only for not disclosing, but having sex with a minor.  Not cool. And I'll bet the 15 year old thinks twice about getting back on grindr. Given the fact the guy he's hooking up with is poz and didn't tell him. Then again.... Some never learn..

• Upvote 3

• Administrators

There really need to be some adjustments to age of consent laws. If the kid was a willing, eager participant the punishment shouldn't be the same as if it were really rape. Cases like this and Mike Dozer are just wrong.

Oh, and if he was undetectable, who cares if he was poz? It really doesn't have any bearing on anything.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

There really need to be some adjustments to age of consent laws. If the kid was a willing, eager participant the punishment shouldn't be the same as if it were really rape. Cases like this and Mike Dozer are just wrong.

Oh, and if he was undetectable, who cares if he was poz? It really doesn't have any bearing on anything.

An adult should be aware of his actions towards kids no matter what. A 15-year-old is still a kid even if he was legal (like he would be in many countries of Europe). Kids can be easy to manipulate by adults. 43-year-olds should stay away from 15-year-olds no matter what. 15 vs 18 I could tolerate.

I wish my teacher fucked me;)

You're 18. You can do whatever fuck you want.  :D

Well, except drink...  :huh:

• Upvote 4

I hope he stays in jail a long time, he's ugly too. and too stupid to bring the kid to his place. 

Well, I assume that in Texas the legal age is 18, so he had sex with a minor. Also he didn't tell he was HIV+, so he deserves his punishment.

On the other hand, what did a 15-year-old do on an adult app?

Doesn't matter, he's a kid.  don't blame the victim. 

Edited by Pig Bottom

I hope he stays in jail a long time, he's ugly too. and too stupid to bring the kid to his place. 

Doesn't matter, he's a kid.  don't blame the victim. 

I didn't disagree with anything you said, and I didn't blame the victim, just mentioned that he shouldn't be on Grindr. This means he was looking for guys. Still the teacher should handled according to the kid's age, and know that he did something illegal. If anything should have been mentioned in the teacher's defense would be if the kid looked like an adult, and he insisted that he was legal, but none of this seemed to be the case according to the article.

• Upvote 3

From the news articles, he was not the kids teacher so his job is irrelevant. He's just an idiot. And a FYI for those not from Texas, here if you're in a position of authority over the kid (teacher, coach, principle, etc.) there are additional charges, even if the person is 18. It is illegal for someone in a position of authority in a school to have sex with a student, regardless of age. It is mostly women that get in trouble with this law, not men.

Regardless of what people think about age of consent (and I think it needs to be changed since most kids are out fucking by 14 or 15, but that's another topic) what he did was illegal as the law stands right now. He also has HIV and IMO fucking a kid (legal or not) and having HIV should always be a no go. Most teenagers do not have the ability to comprehend what being poz means since for them, they often think they're immortal and immune to everything.

There are plenty of legal guys out there who look younger than 18 and like older men who he could have hooked up with, but instead he had to find someone well underage.

• Upvote 1

I tend to agree. A 15-year-old today is not the same as a 15-year-old back in 1963. They're maturing faster, they're experimenting earlier, and they're getting a lot bolder. I doubt it'll happen in a red state like Texas, but state legislatures really do need to take a look at legal age of consent and see if it's time to adjust to today's reality.

• Upvote 6