Sling etiquette

happynleather

4 hours ago, CumBustion said:

If you are in a public sling, you are for public use. Same goes for the fuck bench hogs. If you gonna be picky about body type, age, dick size, race, etc, then un-ass the playground and let the other boys play.

I disagree. I do not believe that simply occupying a sling or fuck bench means you have to accept any and all cocks that come along. I agree that no one should hog a piece of sex equipment in a public environment hoping for Mr. Perfect to come along, but I don't think consent can be assumed either.

And it may be, for instance, that Joe is in the sling hoping to get fucked, but Bob and Dave come along and Bob wants to fuck Dave in the sling. If that's the case and nobody's interested in Joe at the moment, the fact that he's willing to take any and all customers shouldn't entitle him to stay in the sling as long as he wants, just in case someone might come along eventually who wants to fuck him.

Golden rule, people.

• Upvote 1

There are plenty of Joes who say to Bob and Dave that a 'friend' has just gone to get some more lube but Bob and Dave fuck nearby then Joe (still in the sling with no 'friend' or action} asks Bob and Dave to fuck him and they decline (either politely or rudely). So Joe gets a bad rep as a sling hog

Edited by JamesL100
spelling

Just now, JamesL100 said:

There are plenty of Joes who saw to Bob and Dave that a 'friend' has just gone to get some more lube but Bob and Dave fuck nearby then Joe (still in the sling with no 'friend' or action} asks Bob and Dave to fuck him and they decline (either politely or rudely). So Joe gets a bad rep as a sling hog

I'm not saying that Joe can't wait while the guy topping him goes to get more lube. All Joe has to do is say "My top buddy will be right back and he'd like to finish up in me" and Bob and Dave, applying the golden rule, should say "Gotcha, hope it's good for you!" or whatever and wait, or go find another place to fuck, or whatever their choice is.

What I AM saying is that (a) nobody should lie in one of a few (or the only) sling(s) available and turn away everyone except Mr. Perfect, but at the same time (b) nobody should feel obligated to take a fucking from anyone and everyone who comes along, just because he's in a sling.

If you're in the sling (in a public place), you've given consent.  You have made it clear you are there to be fucked.  If you don't actively have a partner, being in the sling is, in itself, asking for someone to join you.  If you don't like strangers coming up and attempting to fuck you, GET OUT OF THE SLING.  You can do whoever you want at home, but in an environment with limited resources, keeping someone else from using those resources while you wait for someone to catch your fancy is a dick move.  We're not talking about walking around in a bar and being accosted. We're talking about being in a bathhouse or sexclub. There is, by virtue of the venue, a limited degree of consent when you walk in the door.  It is up to YOU to say "no thank you" if it's not your scene, but you can't pretend to be offended when your ass is dripping lube and you're waiting with legs spread in a sling.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

44 minutes ago, phukhole said:

If you're in the sling (in a public place), you've given consent.  You have made it clear you are there to be fucked.  If you don't actively have a partner, being in the sling is, in itself, asking for someone to join you.  If you don't like strangers coming up and attempting to fuck you, GET OUT OF THE SLING.  You can do whoever you want at home, but in an environment with limited resources, keeping someone else from using those resources while you wait for someone to catch your fancy is a dick move.  We're not talking about walking around in a bar and being accosted. We're talking about being in a bathhouse or sexclub. There is, by virtue of the venue, a limited degree of consent when you walk in the door.  It is up to YOU to say "no thank you" if it's not your scene, but you can't pretend to be offended when your ass is dripping lube and you're waiting with legs spread in a sling.

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

THIS! 

if you’re in a sling, you’re there to take loads. Period

19 minutes ago, Cumslut943 said:

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

THIS! 

if you’re in a sling, you’re there to take loads. Period

OK, let's run this pop fly out.

Joe's in the sling. Two guys show up, one about five seconds behind the other, both want to fuck him. Joe wants the second guy, but not the first. Does he have to let the first guy do it first, even though the second guy is ready, willing, and able?

Let's say 10 guys show up as a group. Joe's "consented" to getting fucked, right? So by your argument, he can't get out of the sling once they've shown up, because he's "consented" and presumably "owes" them something, according to your "logic".

Or are you saying he has to vacate the sling immediately if he doesn't want guy X to fuck him, even if nobody else is waiting to bottom in the sling? Even if guys Y, Z, and  A through F are lined up ready and he wants all of them? The sling has to go unused because Joe doesn't want guy X to fuck him? Sounds like X is being just as big a sling hog as y'all think Joe is. Why is his desire to fuck more important than Joe's desire to get fucked by guys he particularly likes?

Does this apply to non-sling locations? What about, say, a locker room-syled play space with benches, all the same except one is much better located for prime visibility? Does a bottom have to relinquish that spot if he doesn't want to accept every top who comes along, even though there are a dozen other identical benches in the room?

2 minutes ago, phukhole said:

Really @BootmanLA? you're gonna downvote me because I don't agree with you?!?!  Don't be a troll.

I downvoted not because you disagree with me. I downvoted because you made a dangerous statement about consent. I take consent VERY seriously and to suggest that you automatically give consent to anyone to fuck you just because you get into a sling is dangerously wrong.

• Like 1

Just now, BootmanLA said:

Joe's in the sling. Two guys show up, one about five seconds behind the other, both want to fuck him. Joe wants the second guy, but not the first. Does he have to let the first guy do it first, even though the second guy is ready, willing, and able?

Let's say 10 guys show up as a group. Joe's "consented" to getting fucked, right? So by your argument, he can't get out of the sling once they've shown up, because he's "consented" and presumably "owes" them something, according to your "logic".

Or are you saying he has to vacate the sling immediately if he doesn't want guy X to fuck him, even if nobody else is waiting to bottom in the sling? Even if guys Y, Z, and  A through F are lined up ready and he wants all of them? The sling has to go unused because Joe doesn't want guy X to fuck him? Sounds like X is being just as big a sling hog as y'all think Joe is. Why is his desire to fuck more important than Joe's desire to get fucked by guys he particularly likes?

Does this apply to non-sling locations? What about, say, a locker room-syled play space with benches, all the same except one is much better located for prime visibility? Does a bottom have to relinquish that spot if he doesn't want to accept every top who comes along, even though there are a dozen other identical benches in the room?

My view is Joe can leave the sling if he doesn’t want to get fucked. Our point is that you shouldn’t be getting in a sling if you have the mindset of seeking out the perfect fuck because nobody’s perfect. It’a a dick move to do this specifically in a place where there aren’t many slings and there are other guys wanting to use it. My point had nothing to do with consent, rather the mindset the slingee should be in. 

don’t take everything so literally

17 minutes ago, Cumslut943 said:

My view is Joe can leave the sling if he doesn’t want to get fucked. Our point is that you shouldn’t be getting in a sling if you have the mindset of seeking out the perfect fuck because nobody’s perfect. It’a a dick move to do this specifically in a place where there aren’t many slings and there are other guys wanting to use it. My point had nothing to do with consent, rather the mindset the slingee should be in. 

don’t take everything so literally

And if you'd read what I wrote earlier, I said hogging the sling waiting for Mr. Perfect is wrong. But that doesn't translate to "must accept all fucks immediately upon offer or surrender the sling."

Joe is in the sling and X comes along and wants to fuck him. Joe sees that Y, who he does want to fuck him, is right behind him and looks interested - he's jacking himself to get ready for his turn. In your view, Joe needs to vacate the sling on the spot if he won't let X in him.

Suppose no one else is wanting the sling? Or - suppose - X, the guy who wants to fuck someone there, is such a notoriously crappy, obnoxious top with bad breath, BO, and open sores on his cock that *none* of the bottoms at the place want him to fuck them. Can X stand at the sling, demanding that nobody can get into it unless they're willing to let him fuck them? As I read what most of the people complaining here, yeah, he has that right, because his interest in topping outweighs any issues the bottoms may have with him fucking. And yes, I've known guys like that at sex events - nobody is interested, for reasons that are largely or entirely within the guy's control - and yet he'll dominate some favored spot or sex equipment the entire duration, determined that if he doesn't get what he wants, nobody does.

Slings are for all patrons to use, not just cumdumps who take all loads from anyone. Yes, that means sometimes a cumdump may have to wait a bit. Yes, that means sometimes a guy who is more particular should yield if others who are READY to use the sling are present. It does NOT mean if you get in the sling, you surrender consent.

There is another side to sling etiquette.  If a guy approaches someone in a sling, but has no intention of actually fucking him they should get out of the way if another potential fuck starts showing interest.  In other words, if you aren't planning on sticking your dick in him don't cockblock someone who even potentially wants to fuck.  In Portland there are numerous guys that come up to when you are in a sling that want to play with your cock or hole, but don't fuck and won't take a hint to step out of the way when someone else approaches.  If I'm in the sling I'm looking to get my hole fucked, not fingered, definitely not fisted, or even eaten out for a prolonged period.

I have had the same problem, on occasion when I am looking to top, the sling will be occupied and the occupant will be a desperate bottom being monopolized by the non-fucker.  The only difference is I will give a pass if the bottom is being fisted, not my thing but I do recognize that as a legitimate use of the sling.

Edited by NWUSHorny

The only rules are “No rules.” My partner out ne in a sling at All Worlds In Palm Springs with an invited pair of friends. My partner closed the sling room door, but shortly someone opened it and twenty or more guys suddenly surrounded us.  After my partner and friends finished with me, I called a halt. Got a few rude comments from some of the group, but I didn’t care.  I’m damned subservient, but I decide what happens to my body. There are a few people to whom I owe my ass - my partner, my meth daddy - but certainly I owe nothing to a room full of uninvited strangers. I got out of the sling fully satisfied having enjoyed the sex and the exhibitionism.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BootmanLA said:

I think you need to decide what scenario you're talking about. We've been talking about a person in a sling  with no one fucking him or waiting to fuck him. You can create as many scenarios as you want, but in THAT case, the person in the sling with no partner is wrong for tying up the facilities.  Your assertion the "no one is waiting" may not be accurate, as I don't just stand in line waiting for THIS sling to come free. I may walk around to another sling to see if THAT ONE is free. That does not mean I'm not waiting, it means I'm actively looking for a place to play and the person in the sling without a partner is STILL wrong.  I did  not, at any time, say that you must take every cock or that you owe anyone your hole. I said that if you're in a sling at a play venue, you're already signalling your intention. If you don't give consent, get up.  If you don't want guy 1, but want guy 2, use your words and say so.  You're being purposefully contrary because you want to put me in a "he doesn't understand/value consent" box, which is not the case.  Consent discussions are valid, but you HAVE to take some personal responsibility if you are present in a sexually-driven venue.  This was not a consent question. It was an "am-I-the-asshole" question for lying in the sling with no partner.  I think the majority of people reading this took at at that.   Your last scenario could easily have been a gloryhole instead of a locker room bench and I GUARANTEE that everyone who's ever been at one would respond "if you're not using the gloryhole and just waiting, move, because I want a turn."   Which doesn't mean you have to take every dick, but you're wrong if YOU are not taking dick when someone else would if given the space.  THAT is the point I was trying to make.

• Upvote 1