What poppers do you use?

Bttm2go

If I could pick 1 brand forever, Jungle Juice Black - It hits me in my pussy, gives a euphoric state/lowers inhibitions, and turns me into a slut.

Diff't brands hit me differently but other favorites would be:

Pussy filled or worked (self-play): English Royale/Jungle Juice Black

Slutty/Inhibitions: Jungle Juice Black/Gold

Gen. Swallowing Loads: Amsterdam (Amplifies auditory/light sensation and allows me to focus on just the dick in front of me)

Recently tried "Pig", I think it was called and it smelled like leather and hit my chest. Wasn't for me.

Anything in the Rush family, for me, is trash.

And Double Scorpio shouldn't be considered "poppers". At the most, it's a smelling essence.

On 9/22/2019 at 4:33 AM, bbzh said:

Double Scorpio Gold. They are way more expensive than most ($34) but that's all I fuck with nowadays. Never have headaches. They smell awesome.  

Thanks for the recommendation. I will have to try this brand. I stopped using poppers because of headaches that ensued.

• 2 years later...

Since this thread has resurfaced, it seems like a good place to post a link to an excellent article about where poppers actually come from:

[think before following links] https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buzzfeednews.com/amphtml/davidmack/poppers-factory

Interesting stuff. Possibly the most interesting part of it is that regardless of what’s on the label, the contents of the bottle are the same product. Isobutyl nitrite = isobutyl nitrite. There aren’t different kinds of isobutyl nitrite. There aren’t different strengths of isobutyl nitrite. You can add things to it to give it an odor (like the Double Scorpio formulations) but the active ingredient is exactly the same, and sometimes the bottle of Rush gets filled by the same machine that just filled bottles that had Iron Horse labels put on them.

It’s all about marketing - they can take two identical bottles, label one as Jungle Juice and the other as Jungle Juice Black Label, and the customer will pay more for the second bottle. And yes, I’m afraid we do.

Apparently, the little brown bottle you just dropped $20 to get costs $1 to make. It’s sold to a distributor for around $5, who sells it to a retailer for around $7, who sells it to a chump like you or me for anywhere from $15-$25. Oh, and that “Power Pak Pellet” they advertise? It’s there to absorb any water that might get into the bottle and weaken the chemical reaction. It’s a preservative - it doesn’t pak any power of any kind. It’s like calling your socks ‘foot armor’.

The only time there is going to be an actual, as in not-all-in-your-lust-fevered-imagination, difference in the effect if a bottle of poppers is if you use poppers made from a different type of alkyl nitrite. The types used in poppers are: propyl, isopropyl, butyl, isobutyl, amyl (aka pentyl), isoamyl (aka isopentyl), and (possibly, though I haven’t come across one containing it yet) octyl nitrite.

In the United States, all of the major brands of poppers are most likely going to be isobutyl or isopropyl, and some online sellers clearly state that they only sell isobutyl poppers. That’s a good thing - isopropyl can cause eye damage. Avoid isopropyl whenever possible. Overseas, butyl/isobutyl is regulated in places, so isopropyl and isopentyl(isoamyl) are what’s available. There may be some discernible difference in the action of the substance depending on which nitrite is at play.

But if, for instance, you swear by that bottle of Blue Boy and think that bottle of Rush is weak... that’s in your head. They’re both the same damn thing in different packaging. There might be a little scent added to fool your nose. A 2019 Australian government study tested the chemical composition of various bottles of poppers. Result: 

RUSH Original, SUPER RUSH - Black Label (with Power Pellet),Blue Boy, Colt,Jungle Juice Black Label Extreme Formula, Jungle Juice Platinum, Premium Iron Horse, Amsterdam - all the same thing, isobutyl nitrite.

Liquid Gold, Trip, Scream, Everest Enjoy It!- isopropyl nitrite.

Gate!, Everest Premium, Adler, Fist - isopentyl (isoamyl) nitrite.

As a final note - Maximum Impact - NOT POPPERS. DANGEROUS AS FUCK. Look for topics where it’s discussed on here, but do not mistake it for poppers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• Moderators
2 hours ago, ErosWired said:

The types used in poppers are: propyl, isopropyl, butyl, isobutyl, amyl (aka pentyl), isoamyl (aka isopentyl), and (possibly, though I haven’t come across one containing it yet) octyl nitrite.

I am pretty sure I have also seen cyclopropyl nitrite poppers at some point, but I don't recall what brand they were.

3 hours ago, viking8x6 said:

I am pretty sure I have also seen cyclopropyl nitrite poppers at some point, but I don't recall what brand they were.

Are you thinking of cyclohexyl? I’ve heard of that being a popper ingredient, but I haven’t actually encountered it. I can’t find any reference to cyclopropyl nitrite in this context, and have never seen any mention of it in association with the amyl nitrites used in this way, and haven’t seen any mention of it in any of the various information sources I’ve consulted specifically about poppers. I’m certainly not a chemist, though; perhaps someone else on here can enlighten us further.

• Moderators
13 hours ago, ErosWired said:

Are you thinking of cyclohexyl? I’ve heard of that being a popper ingredient, but I haven’t actually encountered it. I can’t find any reference to cyclopropyl nitrite in this context, and have never seen any mention of it in association with the amyl nitrites used in this way, and haven’t seen any mention of it in any of the various information sources I’ve consulted specifically about poppers. I’m certainly not a chemist, though; perhaps someone else on here can enlighten us further.

Thanks for catching that! In fact I misspoke (must have killed one too many brain cells).

The ingredient I have seen is cyclopentyl nitrite, not cyclopropyl. I do remember being surprised that it would be used rather than cyclohexyl. And actually I am a chemist, though it's no longer my day job.

4 hours ago, viking8x6 said:

Thanks for catching that! In fact I misspoke (must have killed one too many brain cells).

The ingredient I have seen is cyclopentyl nitrite, not cyclopropyl. I do remember being surprised that it would be used rather than cyclohexyl. And actually I am a chemist, though it's no longer my day job.

Ooh! A chemist! Nobody’s deviant like a chemist. 😈

Perhaps you could explain (in layman’s terms) which of the formulations we might expect to be more volatile, in terms of both how quickly they lose their potency, and whether it has any bearing on their effect? I gather that the principal difference has something to do with the number of carbon atoms, but also the number of hydrogen atoms:

isopropyl - C3H5NO2

isobutyl - C4H9NO2

cyclopentyl - C5H9NO2

isopentyl(isoamyl) - C5H11NO2

cyclohexyl - C6H11NO2

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 10/16/2021 at 4:47 PM, ErosWired said:

Ooh! A chemist! Nobody’s deviant like a chemist. 😈

Perhaps you could explain (in layman’s terms) which of the formulations we might expect to be more volatile, in terms of both how quickly they lose their potency, and whether it has any bearing on their effect?

Sure thing... though my explanation (mostly) won't be about measured data (I wasn't able to find any), only about the theory and predictions I can make from it.

There are three factors that I expect to make differences: evaporation, stability, and affinity for water.

Evaporation - within a series of similar substances, the lighter the molecules, the more easily it evaporates. Faster evaporation will mean you'll get a bigger dose from a hit, and you'll go through a bottle faster. Lighter molecules are those with fewer heavy (non-hydrogen) atoms, so isopropyl > isobutyl > isopentyl / cyclopentyl > cyclohexyl.

Stability - the bond between the nitrite and the carbon atom where it attaches is rather weak. When it breaks, the molecule breaks down, and this is also how it releases the nitric oxide (NO) molecule that causes the effect of the poppers. So, a weaker bond will mean they have a somewhat faster effect in the body (probably doesn't matter much, as it's very fast anyway) and also that they go bad faster (which can be slowed by keeping them in the freezer). The property that matters here is how many other carbons are attached to the one with the nitrite, and in this group we have molecules with one or two. Those with two have the weaker bond, so the order here (less stable to more) is isopropyl / cyclopentyl / cyclohexyl (all 2) > isobutyl / isopentyl (each 1).

Affinity for water - the greater the affinity for water, the greater the tendency of the liquid to absorb moisture, which then reacts with the poppers to degrade them. The carbon part of the molecule tends to have a low affinity for water (think oil and water), so the smaller molecules (which have more nitrogen/oxygen part per carbon) have the greater water affinity. So the order here winds up being the same as for evaporation, isopropyl > isobutyl > isopentyl / cyclopentyl > cyclohexyl.

Of course, some of these are banned in various jurisdictions, so what you can get may vary by location as well.

Happy snorting! 🐷

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1