Recommendations on Bathhouse Bag?

Rhu

I have been to numerous bathhouses, and have always suffered the nuisance of holding my lube and poppers in my hands. I usually set them on the ground when action starts to happen, but sometimes they get knocked around or its dark and hard to find them again.

I was thinking of buying some over-the-shoulder cross-body bag to conveniently hold my stuff at chest level for easy access. However, a lot of the stuff I have come across is either very expensive or too large/bulky.

Does anyone else use a bag or have another solution? Or if your Google skills are superior to mine, any success on finding a cheap effective bag?

I've used a stretchy armband.  Something that fits snugly around my bicep, but can stretch out a little (like a rubberband) to hold both my poppers and lube.  I always know where they are, can always FEEL where they are, and it's easy access.  I also can sometimes stuff the poppers and lube into my socks.  Depends on the venue, and if they allow you to wear any clothing.  

• Upvote 1

One easy solution might be one of those "belly bags" that bicyclists use on long rides.  Small, but big enough to hold the necessaries.  But I like the RealCute's idea best ..... arm or leg depending on your needs.  Also, the stretchable armband is a great idea - you can flag your particular needs at the same time.

I've seen people stash things in their socks. and wear arm, wrist, or ankle bands.  Some harness manufacturer makes a lube carrier that attaches to a belt or leg harness -- can't recall who but they are out there. I've also seen small "fanny packs" worn and I saw someone with a Crown Royal bag tied to his jock. 

I'm going to give you 3 more suggestions with links. The links are not product endorsements -- just provided as an example of what I'm talking about to give you a reference when you do your searches.  I think each style has advantages and disadvantages, depending on what position you tend to find yourself in, but I think they would all work to keep your hands free and your lube and stuff close at hand. They are also all fairly inexpensive -- all are under $15

First is a "Sport Pouch" or "runners belt". They are similar to fanny packs but usually slimmer. They're still big enough to carry a phone and keys and should be able to carry all you need at a bathhouse. The down side is that it might be bigger than you are looking for.

[think before following links] [think before following links] https://us.wholee.sale/products/17766817?msclkid=20f5a01b43091e55bc38c27f6234ba95&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=USWM_Msite_Shopping_E_Click_Galaxy_SD_Sports Apparel_0214&utm_term=4588605626345509&utm_content=Sports Apparel_Outdoors

Second, again, is probably bigger than you are looking for, but if you want something over the shoulder, try looking for a "mini messenger bag"

[think before following links] [think before following links] https://www.amazon.com/Cellphone-Crossbody-Shoulder-Removable-Climbing/dp/B0834Z57TN/ref=sr_1_9?adgrpid=1343603773292124&hvadid=83975306773355&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=73122&hvnetw=o&hvqmt=e&hvtargid=kwd-83975579035152%3Aloc-190&hydadcr=7469_10533333&keywords=mini%2Bsmall%2Bcrossbody%2Bbag&qid=1650727834&sr=8-9&th=1

Third suggestion is a massage oil "Bottle Holster".  These are designed for massage therapist so they can have their massage oil at their side as they move around the table. They make them for one or two bottles and you can get them with or without empty bottles. The one I link to holds two bottles and has a small zippered pocket.

[think before following links] [think before following links] https://www.clinicalhealthservices.com/holster.aspx

Again, these aren't endorsements, just giving you some suggestions to think about

Edited by funpozbottom
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@funpozbottom, thanks for the useful advice. I looked at each of the kinds of products you suggested, and am trying to decide between one of them, or the stretchy armband that a few people have suggested.

I'm surprised that the question of having essentials close at hand in a bathhouse hasn't really been solved. I remember locker keys with loose elastics, such that you'd have to wrap the elastic multiple times around your wrist or ankle to avoid losing the key. That was at Steamworks Berkeley, and it made me think that little, practical details were being neglected.

Edited by fskn