5 hours ago, rawTOP said:

Some localities are pushing back and defying the CDC/FDA on the 2nd dose. San Francisco has now said it will be putting off the 2nd dose…

[think before following links] https://apple.news/AyW4eUNIETCyxAq3miLAJaQ

I saw something somewhere that Colorado will only be giving first doses as well (for now).

Refer to the Science.org article above for why this is OK (there's solid science behind just one dose for now). It's also what Canada is doing.

Remember - it makes no difference to you if you get your 2nd dose 4 weeks later or 2 years later. The only way to get Mpox to go away quickly is to get lots of first doses rolled out. So please refuse your 2nd dose until everyone who wants one can get their first dose.

In other Bay Area news… Monkeypox has been detected in the waste water of 10 of the 11 areas that are monitored.

[think before following links] https://apple.news/AIiZPTIWwQoWGXSdhKocnZQ

LA County is also putting off the second shot to get as many people vaxxed up front.  West Hollywood has between 50-100 cases and growing. 

• Like 1

Interesting feature in yesterday's The Guardian, one of Britain's mainstream newspapers, about a New Yorker's experience with monkeypox. He describes the progression of the illness, the reaction of the NY healthcare providers and mentions being given TPOXX (Tecovirimat) - the only antiviral medication against MPX.

[think before following links] https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jul/23/i-literally-screamed-out-loud-in-pain-my-two-weeks-of-monkeypox-hell

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, EuroMusk76 said:

Interesting feature in yesterday's The Guardian, one of Britain's mainstream newspapers, about a New Yorker's experience with monkeypox.

I liked the fact that Sebastian Kohn is so open about being a sex pig:

I had sex with several guys over the weekend. Then a week later, on 1 July, I started feeling very fatigued.

Okay, I am probably going to share too much information (as usual), but here I go.

I called my Ryan White Case Manager, I get SSD and SSI BUT because of my participation in the Ryan White program I have no co-pays, even though I am on Medicare, for things like Prescobix,  Descovy, and less expensive generics like lorezapam and alprazolam.    My case manager is gay, he doesn't care if I tell him I have a partner yet I have had multiple sex partners after being married.

So on Friday and I I called him and asked "Do you know where I can get the vaccine for monkeypox"?  His response was "one of my clients (someone like myself) has monkeypox but I have no idea where you can get the vaccine.  He said he had heard the number of does was limited in Florida.  Now the area I live in, Pinellas County, had more cases than Sarasota, Tampa, Bradenton, etc.).  He even stated that he had A CLIENT WITH MONKEYPOX.  However, he had no further information.

Now, to be transparent, this case manager has been very good to me.  When I lived in Manatee County, I must have had 10 case managers, ALL of whom resigned.  Now, how this guy who has provided me better  care service than I ever received in the past and yet he has NO information regarding monkeypox is beyond me.

So, I am asking fellow BZ members, if you know how and where I can get the monkeypox vaccine I would greatly appreciate it.

THANK YOU for all those who are willing to listen and help me, because frankly, I need some guidance.

• Upvote 1

• Administrators

Tell me what you think of my logic here…

#Monkeypox IS an STI. 

It’s just not ONLY an STI. Important distinction there…

It’s kinda like “all lives matter” (truly), but right now we need to talk about how black lives matter.

Personally I think we do our community a disservice if we don’t get the word out that it’s being transmitted sexually, but the idiot anti-vax Republicans will then use that to stigmatize our community. Maybe telling them it’s like all lives matter / BLM will get them to understand. They don’t give a shit about BLM and that’s the equivalent of STI in this analogy, so they should focus on the all lives matter part (that it can be transmitted many other ways). Then again, “haters are gonna hate” no matter what you do, so…

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

I don't see it as an STI. It is something that can be spread by sexual contact, as well as non-sexual contact.

Unfortunately I have no idea how to deal with the antivaxers on monkeypox any more than I do on COVID. I think it is going to hit the antivax community hard and the cultural warriors are already primed to blame us.

• Like 1

One guy shared his Monkeypox experience on Twitter: [think before following links] https://twitter.com/HungerFF/status/1550606641976020992/photo/1

Also, I rec's an email yesterday indicating that there is a mass MP vax event happening in London:

"These super-vax events are happening on Sunday 31 July, Saturday 6 August, and Sunday 7 August.

mass vaccination centre London Bridge 
TELL THEM YOU ARE A HIGH-RISK GROUP, AND YOU NEED THE VACCINE ASAP
Explain you use sex on-premises venues to ensure eligibility."

mppx.jpg

2 hours ago, ellentonboy said:

So, I am asking fellow BZ members, if you know how and where I can get the monkeypox vaccine I would greatly appreciate it.

Ditto for Ft. Lauderdale.  I have requests for appts in at a number of service providers ... but my phone has yet to ring.  Monday I'll be calling them all again anyway .... squeaky wheel, and all that ... 

• Thanks 1

i just took my first dose today in NYC -Sunnyside Mass Vaccine center- lucky to have gotten an appointment last night  and get a slot for today.  So far, okay-tons of guys and what was the fashion call- i saw so many booty shorts!  Even in the worst of times -fashion first 🙂 god love men!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ellentonboy said:

Now, to be transparent, this case manager has been very good to me.  When I lived in Manatee County, I must have had 10 case managers, ALL of whom resigned.  Now, how this guy who has provided me better  care service than I ever received in the past and yet he has NO information regarding monkeypox is beyond me.

One word: Floriduh.

Or two words: Ron DeSantis.

I'm not faulting you in particular, but anyone who expects a state to have even a vaguely reasonable approach to monkeypox when it's headed by the asshole governor who did so much to drive Florida into the ditch over COVID isn't paying attention. As long as the main vector for the disease is same-sex personal encounters, I don't see Floriduh's health department responding with any urgency whatsoever. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, NWUSHorny said:

I don't see it as an STI. It is something that can be spread by sexual contact, as well as non-sexual contact.

Most STI's can be spread by sexual or non-sexual contact. If you touch an open syphilis sore, for instance, you can contract syphilis even if the contact was completely non-sexual. Ditto for herpes. That's less true of gonorrhea, for some reason. 

They're called STI's not because they ONLY spread through sexual contact, but because they OFTEN (or most often) do. At this point, monkeypox qualifies. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

22 hours ago, NLbear said:

I see I have some work to do.....

thats a problem for me, i rarely cum...i like being hungry ....i serve better that way...ive gone as long as two months without cuming..and unfortunately that long without a MAN MAKING me cum by fucking me   

1 hour ago, BootmanLA said:

Most STI's can be spread by sexual or non-sexual contact. If you touch an open syphilis sore, for instance, you can contract syphilis even if the contact was completely non-sexual. Ditto for herpes. That's less true of gonorrhea, for some reason. 

They're called STI's not because they ONLY spread through sexual contact, but because they OFTEN (or most often) do. At this point, monkeypox qualifies. 

Heretofore it’s primary spread has not been through sexual contact— this is a new aspect of the virus this year. 

But here is my prediction of how this all plays out. Some closet case is going to get infected and take it home to his wife and kids, who will in turn spread it to all their schoolmates. Suddenly it will be a big priority and all sorts of energy will go into a vaccine program aimed at the general public. Get your shot now while the focus is on MSM, or you’ll eventually be pushed to the back of the line. 

Edited by EricX
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, EricX said:

But here is my prediction of how this all plays out. Some closet case is going to get infected and take it home to his wife and kids, who will in turn spread it to all their schoolmates. 

I think this is going to stay mainly a gay thing. Given the short window virus has for infection, about two weeks, you need serious network effects to keep it going. The moment virus finds it way into straight world it will be a dead end for it. Let’s face it, straight don’t mingle nearly as much as us. 

• Upvote 2