Here, (FtL) vaccines for monkey business is in very short supply.  There was a "run" on the usual service-providers, and as far as I know, everyone is now given appointments to get the shot.  

As to modifying behavior, I hate to admit it, but I have.  Once again, I've felt I needed to put my Cock on partial suspension, like when covid started.  I still go out, but just to get the sweat off my brow, not to wallow in the pig pen for hours like usual.  It's better than nothing, I guess.

We can control what we can control.  But we can't control everything, dammittall.

• Thanks 1

On 7/14/2022 at 5:43 AM, Goldneye007 said:

Per rational reports, and a most Doctors recently interviewed, it is a relatively minor issue and, as usual, the media and politicians are pressing the panic button, just like they have done with every CoVid variation.

As usual, follow the money......

In general I'd never consider spreading an STI, but in this case part of me is tempted to have sex with you so you can experience how much pain can come from a "relatively minor issue"…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Administrators
On 7/17/2022 at 2:35 AM, fatbottom said:

I have told myself that for the time being i will stick to CP, boot licking and piss. But yesterday i cheated and sucked two cocks.

Plus, if i really think it through, i do wonder if it can be passed from one guy to another via paddles and canes. Any thoughts?

Even if you bring your own toys - if the top has it there's a good chance you'll get it from him because he's handling your toys. If he touches you, there's risk. If you touch his clothes that have touched his sores, there's risk. It goes on and on… So boot licking might be low risk if that's your only physical contact. Piss will have risk. Sucking cock definitely has risk. I mean if cuddling is risky, pretty much everything is risky.

On 7/17/2022 at 3:20 PM, VersGuyAnon said:

Assuming many have changed their behaviour (not all, but i think it's fair to say many), the big question is when will everyone go back to their normal sexual activity? Once a blanket vaccination programme has been rolled out? I'm curious what other factors will make guys think it's time to go back to "normal".

They're talking about not getting bigger quantities of vaccine until this fall or even next year (in the US at least). So the situation is rather dire the next few months.

I think it's already spreading pretty quickly among the guys who are most active sexually. Which means there will be a fairly big pool of piggy guys who have natural immunity. Add the fortunate few who can get a vaccine. And then add the piggy guys who are willing to "get it and get it over with" and are willing to give up 2-4 weeks of their life so they can continue being piggy. I think in a couple of months those will be the guys at the parties and clubs (that are still open) while the majority of guys scale way back on things until vaccines are readily available.

Not sure about the UK and Canada, but the sex scene in the US won't be back to normal until some time next year, IMHO. In the meantime what parties there are should be a lot of fun since they'll have the piggiest guys who got it (and a few lucky vaccinated guys).

• Piggy 1
  • Thanks 1

• rawTOP featured and pinned this topic

On 7/15/2022 at 2:16 PM, viking8x6 said:

It's a relatively minor issue now. But exponential growth is never something to fuck around with. So to speak.

I ended up not having it, but even my ersatz case (a combination of herpes and strep - what are the odds?) it was miserably uncomfortable.

3 hours ago, NYBBGUY58 said:

I ended up not having it, but even my ersatz case (a combination of herpes and strep - what are the odds?) it was miserably uncomfortable.

Actually, the odds, as you describe them, might be elevated in your case, at least for the combo.

Not sure whether this is your first Herpes infection, or an outbreak of an existing, ongoing infection, but even if the latter, that can dampen your immune system (because it's fighting the herpes outbreak either way). That can leave you susceptible to other infections, like strep, which you might otherwise be able to fend off.

Or, even if you're on meds and undetectable, your system is still constantly dealing with HIV; and the meds themselves are quite possibly, albeit slowly, taking a toll on other bodily processes. That, too, can lower your overall defenses just enough that in combination with the herpes infection or outbreak, you were vulnerable to the strep as well.

• Like 1

From what I have read it is extremely painful and not something I would want “just to get it and get it over with”

I am lucky to live in Massachusetts and to go to Fenway Health (an early LGBT health center - started before AIDS) (I just checked their website - Fenwayhealth.org - and they now have on their home page a whole thing on Monkey Pox - so a great and trustworthy source for up to date info) 

I had a Dr appointment right before July 4 weekend and so asked my Dr about it and he told me that even here in Liberal MA we do not have that much vaccines -definitely not enough -  so it it not yet being given to everyone who wants it - but only those at high risk - or post exposure 

So yes I agree with hntnhole- I think this this is a time to slow down our sluttier tendencies and just have sex with people you know and trust  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AlwaysOpen said:

Not too much info that will help you, but a friend who is in Germany sent me a crowdsourced link,for US monkeypox vax sites- way too long to copy and paste- I suspect part of it would be truncated- but do a search for " monkeypox vaccination access project" It has info by state , where there is any info at all ( Surprise!! Nothing for places like Alabama, Mississippi,Tennessee..well, you get the idea)  But in addition to US State info, it has a resources link at the bottom which may help some of you guys in those news deserts that refuse to mention this topic.

Oh, and just a FYI- he wrote that there are 1000 cases in Berlin

I watched CNN last night and they had a reporter from NYC.  I believe they had 7000 doses of the vaccine and everyone had a name attached to it.  In other words, they went online, people just kept hitting "refresh" and eventually they were able to get an appointment.  Now it's unclear when more vaccines will arrive, I know they have been ordered but I am not sure where or how they will be distributed.

To me, this is not like Covid.  There doesn't seem to be a big rush on getting more vaccines.  Why?  Because it is just impacting the gay community,  at least in my opinion.  I saw a small article, I don't know if was Dr. Fauci or the former head of the FDA Scott Gottlieb who said the window was closing on containing the disease, or it had already closed.  GREAT, THANKS ALOT.  So what are we all to do now, just sit and wait?????   If this spreads to the straight community, and I am not wishing that, but. it might get more attention.

In the interim, the gay community, I feel, is being treated like second class citizens.

So 1000 cases in Berlin?  Great.  Cannot wait to see how things go in San Fran, L.A, South Florida or any other gay "Mecca".  To me it just seems like we are forgotten, yet again.

Thanks for your post.

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, ellentonboy said:

I watched CNN last night and they had a reporter from NYC.  I believe they had 7000 doses of the vaccine and everyone had a name attached to it.  In other words, they went online, people just kept hitting "refresh" and eventually they were able to get an appointment.  Now it's unclear when more vaccines will arrive, I know they have been ordered but I am not sure where or how they will be distributed.

To me, this is not like Covid.  There doesn't seem to be a big rush on getting more vaccines.  Why?  Because it is just impacting the gay community,  at least in my opinion.  I saw a small article, I don't know if was Dr. Fauci or the former head of the FDA Scott Gottlieb who said the window was closing on containing the disease, or it had already closed.  GREAT, THANKS ALOT.  So what are we all to do now, just sit and wait?????   If this spreads to the straight community, and I am not wishing that, but. it might get more attention.

In the interim, the gay community, I feel, is being treated like second class citizens.

So 1000 cases in Berlin?  Great.  Cannot wait to see how things go in San Fran, L.A, South Florida or any other gay "Mecca".  To me it just seems like we are forgotten, yet again.

Thanks for your post.

Yeah, appointments for 9,200 doses here in NYC were all filled in just 7 minutes!

https://abc7ny.com/amp/nyc-monkeypox-vax4nyc-vaccine-appointments-how-do-you-get/12055361/

It just goes to show that gay men are willing to end this - we just need the vaccine. This whole thing is completely avoidable and preventable.

The bad news is the additional vaccines they ordered won't get here until NEXT YEAR! (See the next to last paragraph in this article…)

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/977330

Like, what's the point of vaccinating people months after they've caught it?

I hate to say it, but I share your pessimism. I think they don't really care 'cause it's "just gay men" and we're sluts. It certainly looks like the Biden administration is counting on herd immunity through inevitable spread. The fact that it's avoidable and takes 2 to 4 weeks out of our lives isn't really a big deal to them. As long as people aren't dying they don't seem to really care. The sad truth is there's not much we can do about it. Not voting or voting for Republicans will only make things worse. All we can do is vote for whoever challenges Biden in the primary.

And it's not like it couldn't be different. They seem to have all the vaccine they need in Canada. I just walked into a vaccine center in Toronto, gave my mother-in-law's address and phone number, and they gave me a shot. No appointment necessary and the line wasn't even all that long.

• Thanks 1

The biggest limitation may be getting the vaccines manufactured. Everything I have read say that it will take months if not years to ramp up production of the Jynneos vaccine. I think that the stockpiled vaccines available, at least in the US are primarily the older and somewhat more dangerous ACAM2000 vaccine. There seems to be a reluctance at this point to distribute the plentiful vaccine because it does have some drawbacks.

If this continues, I plan to ask about the older ACAM2000 vaccine and what risks might be associated with taking it. In my case I know that I did tolerate an older version of that type of vaccine 52 years ago, and despite being HIV positive my blood work indicates my immune response should be pretty close to normal. I don't know if I can get it, but would at least want to evaluate whether I personally think it is worth the risk.

51 minutes ago, rawTOP said:

And it's not like it couldn't be different. They seem to have all the vaccine they need in Canada. I just walked into a vaccine center in Toronto, gave my mother-in-law's address and phone number, and they gave me a shot. No appointment necessary and the line wasn't even all that long.

A friend is traveling over the border to Canada to get the vaccine later this week. If I had my US passport renewed I'd be doing it too.

It's so frustrating to be aware, motivated to act, and not be able to do so. So many of us have the "don't-fuck-with-my-health" muscle from our experiences in the 80s and 90s.

1 hour ago, rawTOP said:

It just goes to show that gay men are willing to end this - we just need the vaccine. This whole thing is completely avoidable and preventable.

I was fortunate enough to snag an appointment in DC on July 5, and have my second shot in the series scheduled for August 2. I find this outbreak somewhat depressing— I suspect this isn’t going away and once vaccine supply ramps up the general public will be offered vaccines. Nature abhors a vacuum, and it has been 45 years since smallpox has been eradicated— longer than that in the U.S. and other developed countries. It was always probably just a matter of time until another virus came along to occupy the space once occupied by the smallpox virus. 

• Upvote 2

• Administrators
1 hour ago, blackrobe said:

A friend is traveling over the border to Canada to get the vaccine later this week. If I had my US passport renewed I'd be doing it too.

One of my best friends (a fellow New Yorker) is currently standing in line in Toronto to get the shot. He flew up there specifically to get it.

Mind you, during COVID Canadians were coming to NY to get shots. Both were ridiculous, bad situations. It's just weird to have the shoe on the other foot.

1 hour ago, EricX said:

I was fortunate enough to snag an appointment in DC on July 5, and have my second shot in the series scheduled for August 2. I find this outbreak somewhat depressing— I suspect this isn’t going away and once vaccine supply ramps up the general public will be offered vaccines. Nature abhors a vacuum, and it has been 45 years since smallpox has been eradicated— longer than that in the U.S. and other developed countries. It was always probably just a matter of time until another virus came along to occupy the space once occupied by the smallpox virus. 

So, here's one of the ethical issues… Should guys refuse the 2nd shot until everyone's had their first shot? I'm thinking yes based on this article…

https://www.science.org/content/article/there-s-shortage-monkeypox-vaccine-could-one-dose-instead-two-suffice

Bavarian Nordic CEO Paul Chaplin, an immunologist, also embraces the single dose plan. Studies have shown that immune responses triggered by a single shot of the MVA vaccine declines after 2 years, which is why the approved vaccine schedule calls for a second shot. But Chaplin says immune memory is so robust after a single dose that a booster given 2 years later leads to the same immune response as the standard schedule. If countries decide to use single shots now, they have a long time to add the booster and still achieve the durability benefit, he believes. “There are a lot of data to support the single shot,” Chaplin says. 

Barvarian Nordic the company that makes the vaccine. If they say the science behind their product says it's not necessary, I personally think guys should refuse the 2nd shot until everyone's had their first. You can get the 2nd shot any time in the next two years and have the same level of protection as getting it 4 weeks after the first shot.

The problem is the CDC disagrees. But do they really know the product better than the CEO of the company that makes it?

Canada is only giving one shot (for now). They also pushed "mix-and-match" with COVID and that turned out to be a better strategy than 2 of the same type. I hate to say it, but I trust Canada more than the US right now. They just seem to have their shit together and are making practical, science-based decisions.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, rawTOP said:

The problem is the CDC disagrees. But do they really know the product better than the CEO of the company that makes it?

CDC won't change guidance because of protocol and executive myopia. Even with Covid vaccines, evidence was overwhelming that separating the two shots was better for immunity. Here company is asserting it, and they have data to back it up. With such a lack of available vax right now it should be the course of action. 

Edited by rawfuckr
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, rawTOP said:

All we can do is vote for whoever challenges Biden in the primary

Which raises an interesting potential.  In the event that Biden decides not to run for a second term, the logical choice of the Institutional Dems would be Kamela.  I don't think she's been given enough visible tasks (I mean, operating in widespread view of the public) to really give here a leg up.  The former mayor of Studebaker City has had as much publicity than Harris has.  I don't see her challenging Biden in the primary though.  

So, in the event that Joe retires, who would be the front runners for Dem candidate in 24?  She would galvanize the minority vote, she's got a bit of a lip on her (which I enjoy), and her heart's in the right place.  

Anyone else have suggestions?