I am going to try to put an attachment graph to this, but if it won't take, it came from an Instagram user names DoctorCarlton, and was on the NastyKinkPig site recently . I did try reading back to see if it was already reposted, but did not spot it. OK, I really did try to attach the screenshot from my phone, but I kept failing,miserably. So here are the stats as I retyped them to someone else on here. And again, if you are on Instagram, you can go to his, DoctorCarlton, post directly.

Not sure if you use Instagram or not, but there is a profile /user there called DoctorCarlton and he has had some posts up about monkey pox. One graph he put up the other day showed immune responses to the shot, for HIV+ and HIV- men. After the 1st shot, 7- 14 days  the response  for + and -  people is about 29%. At 28 days tho, still 1 shot, the response level is about 67% for +, 83% for neg. At 42 days ( 14 days after the 2nd dose) + guys have a 96% response, - has a 98%.

So much for delaying that 2nd shot.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2022 at 4:17 PM, BootmanLA said:

Pediatric nurses used to be trained specifically in administering this vaccine, because essentially every US child was getting it. But that was 50 years ago. The youngest nurses practicing then are near or over 70, and there aren't even enough people experienced in the technique to teach the army of others that would be needed if this vaccine were to be used.

The nurse who most likely administered mine over 50 years ago is still living, and I would be very surprised if she wouldn't volunteer to assist with that type of training. They should probably hurry though, she is in her late 90s.

I'm still firmly of the belief that we should be at least be giving enough of the ACAM2000 vaccine to understand the risks, unless they are absolutely certain those risks are higher than that of the monkeypox disease.

On 8/2/2022 at 11:02 PM, rawfuckr said:

I don't like to criticize but there sure has to be a better way than having people wait for hours? Online appointment system? Waiting lists? ... Kaiser SF, Martinez DPH, ... All have used variations of this and tons of people have got their vax without wasting time. 

Chicago is mostly doing the same thing. No online appointment system, either be an existing patient of one of the few providers that have had the vaccine distributed to them, or take days off of work to wait in line outside for hours.

I think this is a result of the COVID vax rollout. Public health officials found that online sign-up systems wound up excluding certain populations, i.e., older people not familiar with computers. Now MPX is teaching them a different lesson: forcing people to wait in line for hours excludes a different population, i.e., the younger working poor who can’t afford to take entire days off work.

GIVE US A FUCKING ONLINE APPOINTMENT SYSTEM ALREADY!

Edited by 11bi11guy
  • Like 1

On 8/6/2022 at 12:55 AM, AlwaysOpen said:

I am going to try to put an attachment graph to this, but if it won't take, it came from an Instagram user names DoctorCarlton, and was on the NastyKinkPig site recently . I did try reading back to see if it was already reposted, but did not spot it. OK, I really did try to attach the screenshot from my phone, but I kept failing,miserably. So here are the stats as I retyped them to someone else on here. And again, if you are on Instagram, you can go to his, DoctorCarlton, post directly.

Not sure if you use Instagram or not, but there is a profile /user there called DoctorCarlton and he has had some posts up about monkey pox. One graph he put up the other day showed immune responses to the shot, for HIV+ and HIV- men. After the 1st shot, 7- 14 days  the response  for + and -  people is about 29%. At 28 days tho, still 1 shot, the response level is about 67% for +, 83% for neg. At 42 days ( 14 days after the 2nd dose) + guys have a 96% response, - has a 98%.

So much for delaying that 2nd shot.

Thank you for posting this. The source for these numbers is from the product information for Jynneos (or Imvanex in the EU). You may find the complete document on the European Medical Agency at [think before following links] [think before following links] https://www.ema.europa.eu/documents/product-information/imvanex-epar-product-information_en.pdf

The FDA has information on its page for Jynneos [think before following links] [think before following links] https://www.fda.gov/vaccines-blood-biologics/jynneos

You may find the rates Doctor Carlton quoted on page 8 of the Imvanex product information. They are Seroconversion rates by ELISA in Vaccinia-naïve  healthy and special populations in the trial POX-MVA011. It appears that HIV+ individuals have a lower and slower response to the vaccine.

If you look a bit further down you'll see the Seroconversion rates by ELISA in Vaccinia-experienced healthy and special populations. They appear even more startling. At the milestones - as mentioned in your post - for HIV+ individuals rates of 57.3, 76.6 and 92.7, while healthy individuals have rates of 62.5, 100, 100.

These rates stem from the Phase 2 trial POX-MVA011, which tried to evaluate the safety and immunogenicity of MVA-BN smallpox vaccine in vaccinia-naïve as well as vaccina-experienced HIV infected subjects. The study enrolled 581 subjects: 88 vaccinia naïve and 9 vaccinia-experienced healthy subjects, 352 vaccinia-naïve and 132 vaccinia-experienced HIV infected subjects. You may take note that it's a relatively low number of healthy individuals participating. I'm no statistician and it's quite late here locally so I'll leave it at that.

Edited by EuroMusk76
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, NWUSHorny said:

The nurse who most likely administered mine over 50 years ago is still living, and I would be very surprised if she wouldn't volunteer to assist with that type of training. They should probably hurry though, she is in her late 90s.

I'm still firmly of the belief that we should be at least be giving enough of the ACAM2000 vaccine to understand the risks, unless they are absolutely certain those risks are higher than that of the monkeypox disease.

At ninety she might have a tremor in her hands, which may aid her in following the correct scarification procedure.🤪

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

It 's disappointing at the moment for someone like myself in Australia as a vaccine is not currently freely available.

I just checked the website of the clinic I go to and it states the following: 

MONKEYPOX Vaccination  –  ie with a third generation smallpox vaccine:  JYNNEOS (also known as Imvamune or Imvanex)

The NSW Department of Health will be supplying us with a very limited number of vaccines for those who fulfil specific criteria & are already patients at this clinic.

If you fit one of the following criteria you can phone (02) 9331 6151 to be put on our list for vaccination*:

1. If you are a gay male or transgender & can show us your ticket to Europe or North America for departure up to 31 October 2022.
  2. If you are a gay male or transgender with HIV and your CD4 (T cell) count is <200 and you consider yourself at high risk sexually.
  3. If you are a gay male or transgender & known to your doctor here as working in commercial sex.
  4. If you are a gay male or transgender & have been diagnosed at this clinic with gonorrhoeachlamydia or syphilis since 1st August 2021.

For post-exposure prophylaxis for recent sexual contacts of confirmed cases of monkeypox (evidence required).

Well I'm not travelling anytime soon (sadly), I don't work in commercial sex (sometimes I wish I had taken this path in life....... 😁), and whilst I caught gonorrhoea after being gang banged 🐽, it was a while back, so I don't meet any of the criteria, unless I am actually exposed to it..

Edited by greecenipples

@greecenipples Thanks for the update on the situation in Australia.

The Guardian had some information on Monkeypox in Oz several days ago, when news broke that the Commonwealth Government had bought 450,000 doses of the third-generation Jynneos/Imvanex/whatever-name-they-gave-it-down-under vaccine.
[think before following links] [think before following links] https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/aug/03/monkeypox-vaccine-australia-can-you-get-it-and-who-should-eligibility-side-effects-what-available

The article mentioned some Atagi (Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation) advice on who should be prioritised for the vaccine which didn’t sound as strict as what you found on your clinic’s website. But it is interesting to note that it mentioned as a group healthcare workers who will be administering the older vaccine ACAM2000.

Jynneos is the preferred vaccine for these groups, but “For healthy non-pregnant adults, where Jynneos is not suitable or not available, ACAM2000 has an established profile and may be considered”. I took that to mean that others not getting Jynneos would be offered vaccination with ACAM2000. 

You may have a look at what the Australian Government’s Department of Health has to say about MPX and the vaccines. It is however the states and territories which determine who gets the vaccine. Please check what you local administration has to say about that topic.
[think before following links] [think before following links] https://www.health.gov.au/health-alerts/monkeypox-mpx/monkeypox-mpx-vaccines

Edited by EuroMusk76

Some stats from South Florida, and maybe a nod to the value of the vaccine.  For simplicity sake, I will just refer to Ft Lauderdale ( for all of Broward County FL) and Miami ( for all of Dade County FL)

Before the vaccine was available down here, on 9 July , the Ft Lauderdale case numbers were 53, Miami 15. The next week Ft Laud jumped to 110, Miami went to 26, or, both just about doubled. At this point Ft Lauderdale area got doses of the vaccine  and administered them at the Pride Center, Miami was still getting organized. The next weekly totals showed Ft Lauderdale at 156 cases, Miami had crept up to 54. By now, Ft Laud area health dept had scrambled and had vaccine clinics at 2 locations in the gay area of Wilton Manors and the men were getting their 1st shots. Soon after, the doubling decreased for Ft Lauderdale, but Miami continued. Now, as of 6 Aug, Miami has more cases reported compared to Ft Lauderdale - Miami has 346 to Ft Lauderdales 319 . How much can be directly tied to getting the monkey pox vaccine into arms, or how much might be awareness and changing "certain" habits and activities is the stuff for medical researchers and government grants at a later date. But since the 2 cities are only 25 miles apart and one is experiencing slower than before case count jumps- and launched a much more robust response to the virus, while the other area is doubling still and was slower to react says a lot to the value and effectiveness of the shot.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

11 hours ago, AlwaysOpen said:

But since the 2 cities are only 25 miles apart and one is experiencing slower than before case count jumps- and launched a much more robust response to the virus, while the other area is doubling still and was slower to react says a lot to the value and effectiveness of the shot.

No doubt the vaccine is effective, but the most effective cure is of little value if there's no one to jab your arm. What the comparative experience of Broward and Miami-Dade illustrates is the value of public health services that are adequately funded and staffed. Sadly, the folks in Tallahassee seem incapable of seeing that.

• Upvote 1

On 8/4/2022 at 1:16 PM, ellentonboy said:

As a Floridian, all I can do is sit and wait.

Not so. At least as a Floridian you can go swim in the surf and hope the sharks get you before the Monkeypox does. As a Kentuckian, I can’t even do that.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, ErosWired said:

Not so. At least as a Floridian you can go swim in the surf and hope the sharks get you before the Monkeypox does. As a Kentuckian, I can’t even do that.

Okay that was funny, but based on shark attack percentages I have a better chance of getting Monkeypox then being eaten by a shark.  I follow the lifeguard warnings when sharks are spotted in my area, but at least there is a warning.  In Florida, our Health Department (and Governor) has done little or nothing to make vaccines available.  I see my doctor tomorrow morning, hopefully he can help with that.  Considering what he charges to see my over-insured ass, that is the least he can do.

Actually, it's the alligators that I'm more concerned about.  There's a forest preserve where I walk the dog occasionally, with a very small lake in the middle.  It's a nice walk around the lake, and recently a ranger there warned me to stay further away from the lake (I was maybe 30 yards away already), since some guy got his leg chewed up looking for a damn frisbee close to the lake. Apparently if they're hungry, they can run fast, and after all the stuff I've done, it would be a shame to wind up as lunch for one of those critters 😨

Has anyone heard anything more about the supply vaccine supply pipeline? I know the US was hoping to acquire 800,000 doses of the Jynneos by the end of July, but I haven't seen anything about when or how many more doses that we would be able to get in the coming months. In the 2 does regimine, that is only enough to fully vaccinate 400,000 individuals and we probably need more than that just to vaccinate at risk healthcare providers.

It doesn't look like, at this point, that they are going to start administering the riskier ACAM2000 vaccine, I can't believe that if it is really that risky it would have been approved. I would still at least be willing to discuss with my doctor what the risks were and potentially take it, but that doesn't seem to be an option.

At this point I've refrained from hooking up for almost a month, but have several trips coming up in the next few weeks that I would love to have some fun on, and things usually pick up from the normal summer no fuck doldrums locally in September. 

15 hours ago, hntnhole said:

Actually, it's the alligators that I'm more concerned about.  There's a forest preserve where I walk the dog occasionally, with a very small lake in the middle.  It's a nice walk around the lake, and recently a ranger there warned me to stay further away from the lake (I was maybe 30 yards away already), since some guy got his leg chewed up looking for a damn frisbee close to the lake. Apparently if they're hungry, they can run fast, and after all the stuff I've done, it would be a shame to wind up as lunch for one of those critters 😨

FWIW: if  you DO have a gator show interest in you, forget the old wives' tale about running in a zig-zag pattern. The thing about gators on land is that while they can move fast in short bursts, they haven't got the stamina to do it for long, and you can almost certainly outrun them if you have a bit of a distance start. (I say "almost certainly" because there's bound to be one, out there, somewhere, that is speedier than all others, but in general, they want easy prey, which is why they float mostly submerged and jump up to grab unsuspecting food, rather than stalking all the ground around their water habitats.