11 minutes ago, DarkroomTaker said:

Any UK guys struggling to get this vaccine? Nurse at my health clinic had no idea what I was talking about??

I’m in Scotland, phoned my sexual health clinic this morning to enquire and got my vaccine tonight! Don’t think a normal health clinic will know, but a sexual clinic should!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, viking8x6 said:

If you get Monkeypox and then are eaten by a shark, does the shark have to worry about contagion?

What about if we like a shark steak on the rare side ???  Secondary infection of monkey / shark / human infection ?😉 

22 hours ago, SoCalBBversbttm said:

At one point, the City of LA claimed 200 cases.  He had 25 cases when reported. He seriously doubts that he had 25% of the Counties cases. 

Hate to point this out to your doctor, but 25 out of 200 is 12.5%, not 25%.

22 hours ago, SoCalBBversbttm said:

He had a patient that got the shot, went to a sex party the next day and…..surprise, got Monkeypox. 

I know all the mantras about non-judgmental, it's a virus not a punishment, all that stuff, and yeah, I generally agree, but: how fucking stupid does someone have to be to essentially waste a dose of a very, very short-supply vaccine by doing something like this? I'm not suggesting no one should have sex for 28 days after getting vaccinated, but come on, people: the current spread, inconvenient as it may be to acknowledge, is at sex parties, group sex events, bathhouses, and other places where there's a significant number of sexual partners in contact with each other. If a man is determined to do that and refuse to hold off for a while to let the vaccine begin to confer immunity, skip the damn vaccine and let someone else have the shot.  (and I'm directing this at your doctor's patient, not you, obviously).

Edited by BootmanLA
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, BootmanLA said:

I know all the mantras about non-judgmental, it's a virus not a punishment, all that stuff, and yeah, I generally agree, but: how fucking stupid does someone have to be to essentially waste a dose of a very, very short-supply vaccine by doing something like this? I'm not suggesting no one should have sex for 28 days after getting vaccinated, but come on, people: the current spread, inconvenient as it may be to acknowledge, is at sex parties, group sex events, bathhouses, and other places where there's a significant number of sexual partners in contact with each other. If a man is determined to do that and refuse to hold off for a while to let the vaccine begin to confer immunity, skip the damn vaccine and let someone else have the shot.  (and I'm directing this at your doctor's patient, not you, obviously).

I saw the % after I typed it and released it.  True, 25 Monkeypox patients  out of 200 is not 25%. I agree.  Point being that one Dr., had that many patients, seemed unlikely given that fact that LA County is the most populous County in the US (County vs City).  So there seems to be an under reporting.  Like you, there should be a personal responsibility.  I and my partner did not go to Dore Alley this year even though we had a hotel and flights.  SF had just announced a State of Emergency to go into effect, the Monday after Dore Alley.  My husband and I looked at each other and were like, “uh……no!”.  No judgements, well kinda, but the risk seemed to out weigh the reward, so to speak.

On 8/4/2022 at 10:45 AM, tighthole64 said:

Sadly it's similar to pharmacists, or clerks that refuse to sell birth control to individuals!

The pharmacists and clerks are claiming a religious exemption, so they get away with their outrageous behavior without risk to their jobs.  The phlebotomists have no such excuse. 

• Like 1

On 8/11/2022 at 3:05 AM, BootmanLA said:

The vaccine reduces symptoms, so is especially worth getting if you're going to be having a lot of sex. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, holefucker said:

The vaccine reduces symptoms, so is especially worth getting if you're going to be having a lot of sex. 

I'm not denying that. I'm pointing out that it takes between 21 and 28 days to reach full strength, so at 24 hours (the point where the patient went out and had sex) it hadn't begun to work in any measurable amount.

It's like using paint that says to let dry for 48 hours on an exterior wall of a house, and then turning the hose on it 30 minutes after you've rolled the paint on. The paint is essentially wasted.

• Moderators

Just ran across a fairly thorough article on Monkeypox. Has a lot about transmission modes, including prevalence of different modes and the status of research on transmission to date. Definitely worth a read.

https://www.statnews.com/2022/08/10/what-scientists-know-and-dont-know-about-how-monkeypox-spreads/?utm_source=pocket-newtab

• Thanks 2