Unprotected sex with HIV positive. Shall I be worried?

2 minutes ago, bluedragon said:

t's rare for Prep to have side effects

Actually side-effects aren't rare but they mostly are light.

One has to weigh this against the risk of catching a potentially lethal disease tho. If it's too much one can always stop PrEP (like I did, because of the side-effects and because of cost here) but when one becomes HIV-Positive you may be able to change your medication but not to stop taking anti-retroviral drugs because then one would develop AIDS which is a horrible disease to have and in the end die from.

1 minute ago, BareLover666 said:

Actually side-effects aren't rare but they mostly are light.

Not according to the studies:

"First and foremost, it is important to state that the majority of people taking PrEP do not experience any side effects at all. Medical studies showed that a very small percentage (just 2% in some studies) of participants reported adverse effects from the medication."

Source: [think before following links] https://prepdaily.org/what-are-the-side-effects-of-prep/

12 minutes ago, bluedragon said:

Not according to the studies:

"First and foremost, it is important to state that the majority of people taking PrEP do not experience any side effects at all. Medical studies showed that a very small percentage (just 2% in some studies) of participants reported adverse effects from the medication."

Source: [think before following links] [think before following links] [think before following links] https://prepdaily.org/what-are-the-side-effects-of-prep/

Thank you, and I think we agree that mostly the side-effects are slight and if not: one can always discuss this with ur health-care provider and consider changing to another brand, stopping or a change of regiment? And I am in favour for everyone who barebacks to seriously look into PrEP and get in touch with a medical doctor / professional who can prescribe it and guide him (or her) before and during use of PrEP.

Some of the other studies reported for instance: "nausea in the first month was more common among participants taking medication than among those taking placebo (9% versus 5%)". [think before following links] [think before following links] https://web.archive.org/web/20180411090433/[think before following links] [think before following links] https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/pdf/prepguidelines2014.pdf
I just would hate it if people didn't see it coming and stop using PrEP because of side effects that aren't that serious or will lessen or stop with continuous use. Words like 'rare' is an abstract, that's why I felt this needed a little nuance.

Edited by Guest

Get on prep. If hes undetectable, youre fine, but you shouldnt put your faith in people that when they tell you theyre undetectable, theyre actually undetectable. Some people lie about shit like that. So if you want to be sure, take your own precautions and get on PrEP.

• Upvote 2

• 9 months later...

Years ago when my regular top daddy who had taken my virginity back when I was 19 years old he sent me a message that he had gone to the doctor and was diagnosed HIV positive at first it kind of scared me because he had been fucking me raw and breeding me for years I was already like 30 years old when he told me that so we have been fucking for years I am a complete bottom to him he did not have sex with me while he was getting on medication he told me that he did not want to have sex with me while he was in his first stages of the medication because he wasn't afraid he was still able to transmit months later when he felt it was correct to have sex again we had sex for the first time while he was on medication and have been having sex ever since unprotected I take his word for it he is HIV positive undetectable on medication I normally suck his dick swallow his cum and take his load in my ass I don't know I haven't gotten checked so I don't know if I am positive or not

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/2/2022 at 1:26 PM, freeusebottom said:

I had unprotected sex today with a top who was HIV positive since 2003 and he told me he cannot transmit the virus now. He said once he was taking 38 pills but now only takes 1.

I said no to him for sex but while foreplay I lost control of my mind and let him fuck me for like 5 strokes. I'm sure he didn't cum but I'm a virgin and know my asshole is a weak sucker for diseases. 

I'm very stressed. Shall I take PEP? If yes, where can I get it in a Berlin, Germany? I'm new to Germany and don't know German.

If hes undetectable and taking his meds, he cant give you it. U = U, and it says so on the CDC's website.

But you should also be on PrEP yourself and take your own precautions for your own health.