Chasing Daylight

losolent

A short story.

Part 1 - Tales Of Old

There are many haunting tales around the world, some of which were written about in books then turned in to box office movies to give the viewer a good fright and an enjoyable movie. Connor though was not one for this kind of movie, even as he entered adulthood. There was one particular tale he had come across during his childhood that he read many times. It was strange since it was a paragraph hand written on the inside page of a book about the history of mythical night creatures. He had always assumed the book belonged in the library of his adopted parents home. The book first attracted him by the deep red velvet cover with gold bindings. It was certainly not a book you could just pick up at a bookshop since it was very old, in fact it was ancient looking but weirdly in good condition. The hand written paragraph drew him back time after time and even though he was studying for a business degree at university he also read history, an interest born out of reading that paragraph amongst other things. Connor couldn't work out that this one written paragraph sent the strangest shivers up his spine every time he read it. Despite that he could recite it almost word for word from having read it so many times.

The paragraph was simply titled 'Travenni 1865' yet the way it was written felt like the author was a fortune teller and wondered if this was just silly ramblings, yet it was so intriguing to read. 'When the time comes seek perpetual daylight as your only saviour. For the young Kovalek son lives and never dies, the family at his knees now gone and a sibling who disappeared without trace but lives a secret life. The village of Travenni is in danger of being wiped out through his anger and search for the one, yet he know not of when they will appear. His appearance spells doom for your soul, the flicker of a shadow in the corner of your eye, his icy breath behind you chills your spine, the deathly accuracy when he takes his victim. A sharp gasp of breath taken by your mouth as your eyes flutter. The force of your beating heart pumps harder quickening the process until it stops beating, its purpose devoid of meaning in your now lifeless body. An ability to control ones mind from a close distance, you feel a madness taking over but it makes him weak to invade, he is destined to control others in his quest. You can only see him if he presents himself to you, his touch freezes your body and thoughts. His icy blue eyes so mesmerising pulling you under his spell for he shall take them to serve his own need, his way of getting close to the one. His manifestation drives only a purpose and quest seeking each Berkhoff family ancestors. The one who carries the blood of purity that will unleash and free him from perpetual darkness. Yet he shall not kill the one who carries the blood of purity, only by their existence and willingness can he take their blood. He will find the one who remains, he will taste their purity and see the light of day, too much purity is blurred and could spell disaster.' The paragraph was signed by who Connor assumed was the person who wrote it 'Lettie Arno Borsch 1878'.

It was in a way one of the strangest things to this day that Connor read and all through school he did many searches on the family names but it all seemed to end around the year of 1829. He thought nothing more about it until he finished school and was wondering through he manor house to the library where he found the book again. His adopted parents had a vast array of unusual books that he had spent many hours reading, they were not eccentric people by any means. In many ways they were just a normal family having formally adopted Connor when he was one year old, he knew no different and had a very happy upbringing in the quaint village of Chalfont Fortis in the Cotswolds. Adopted parents or not, he saw them as his parents and they would always remain that. At 20 years old Connor was sporty young lad with striking black hair, piercing blue eyes and average height of five feet nine inches, a slim but sporty athletic build and very attractive looking with kind facial features. He knew he was gay at 18 years old and openly talked about to his parents who were very chilled about it, they knew it was not a choice but how you developed in life. Opening up about his sexual preference was never hidden, after all his parents had never kept his adoption secret from him. There was nothing to hide or trace of where he actually came from. When he was sixteen he tried with his fathers help to trace his adoption but the trail was dry and only started from when he was left in the village church early one morning before the Christmas day service. It did have the misfortune of him being quickly known as baby Jesus, his adopted parents offered to look after the baby until the mother could be found. It took almost a year before authorities admitted they had no idea where he came from and allowed him to be formally adopted. On the sole of his left foot was a very weird mark that looked like the outline of a lotus flower. As Connor grew and the mark remained the same size, it was a red mark that looked like some weird birth mark.

Village life in the Cotswolds was of course rife with local gossip and Chalfont Fortis was no different in that regards. The village was split in two halves by the stream that run through it, on the east side was the church, pub and school along with pretty village cottages and houses that radiated out either side of the church following the stream north and south. The west side of the stream was the local village shop and even larger old houses going south until you reached Fortis Manor, home to Connor and his parents. Going north from the shop passing cottages set back from the road with charming gardens led you to a turning where large heavy iron gates lead in to the Chalfont Weir estate and the large mansion. Enclosed by a large old and partly crumbling brick wall that stretched the entire way around the estate. It was once home to the lord of the manor and handed down through generations of the Smythe family. Over the many summers growing up Connor and his friend James would spend with jam jars and fishing nets in the stream trying to catch tadpoles or anything else that happened to be in their vicinity. Everyone knew everyone and everyone knew everyone's business so there was no hiding secrets in the village, families came and went finding out that village life was really not for them. The east side was the only part of the village where properties would go up for sale the further out of the village you got, there rally was nothing here for those who didn't know what village life was all about. To Connor and James the whole place was a playground to be explored over and over. James frequently stayed at Fortis Manor, dating back to early 1700's the place was perfect for hide and seek. Set on the banks of the stream it was a seven bedroom manor house with an unusual large room where banquets would have been held back in the day, now though it was a large lounge with a huge fireplace, it was the heart of the home and always had a enormous Christmas tree in during the festive season. His adopted father a famous historian gave one off lectures at many universities around the world, this meant Connor was fortunate enough to visit many countries growing up. Sir Edward Barton and his wife Lady Jane Barton lead a quiet life that Connor loved, he learnt to cook and be pretty self sufficient by his mother. 

Gerald Smythe was the last existing family member who lived a solitude existence in the large sprawling Chalfont Weir mansion, he had a housekeeper who lived in the village called Betty. She was the main source of gossip as well. Despite his solitude existence Gerald would often walk down to the village shop and sit on the low wall of the bridge over the stream chatting away to Connor and James whilst watching their efforts to catch tadpoles. When he returned to the estate the gates closed and his solitary existence resumed, he like his privacy yet he was always happy to talk when out and about. He was a man of mystery and never married, he always maintained that the family was defective with bad genes so it ended with him. A rather strange look on life Connor thought when talking to Gerald that day when he paused on his way to the shop. Connor was sat waiting for James to head back to university after a weekend home. Even though they had grown up they now went to same university, and James loved having his best friend around. A friend that had never waivered even when he had that difficult conversation of coming out to James. At Oxford where they were both studying degrees. Connor with his history and business studies, the history was more of an indulgence and hobby. He and James shared a flat in Oxford and their friendship was so close that many assumed them to be brothers. James was the same age and height as Connor and he was studying to be a sports physio and hence had a big liking for all manner of sports and working out. He had what Connor called a body to have sex with, a nice muscle proportion that James was not afraid of showing off around the flat along with his natural looks, brown hair and brown eyes. Straight without a shadow of doubt and he loved the fact Connor was gay, it meant less competition on the girl front. They both had numerous students chasing them every week but they remained focused on their studies preferring each others company. Connor though was quite partial to getting the occasional blow job in the university library since it was known as the place to pick up a quickie between lectures. 

Coming out of his long day of history lectures they had been given an assignment to write a piece on historical mysteries, fact or fiction. Most of the other students were complete avid history buffs that verged on a know it all attitude. There was one who sat over to the back left of the lecture hall that he had never spoken to. In fact they never spoke to anyone in lectures and always had their head down, Connor liked watching him for he was quite sexy in a nerdy way. He had heard rumblings that nerdy had been seen in a local gay bar a few nights. He knew the guy was the higher end of 19 years old and there was something quite sexually alluring about him. His mousey brown hair, blue eyes with average build and standing just marginally shorter than himself made him just Connor's type. With the assignment to be completed over the summer break he first thought was to call his father for suggestions. That would have been too easy to not challenged him enough, instead he went to the library and up the stairs to the section on historical artefacts and legends. It was a section he had only been in once before and it contained copies of numerous ancient writings, artefacts and books on legends through out the ages that he was hoping would give him some inspiration. The whole library was fairly quiet and this section was even quieter at this late time of day, only one other person stood there analysing some books, running his finger along the shelf as he shuffled along. Connor recognised nerdy immediately and decided to take the row on the other side of the book shelf to avoid him, he started wandering down looking at the books on medieval legends and witchcraft.

"Nothing interesting that side" came the voice from the other side of the bookshelf.
Connor smirked and carried on "I might find something worth writing about" he replied.
"You are Professor Sir Barton's son aren't you?" the voice now asked.
Connor looked at the book his finger was poised on "How do you know that?" he asked curiously.
"I read all his books and wiki page" the voice said appearing to move towards the end.
Christian appeared round the end "I am studying history of course I would know who you are" he added.
Connor rested his elbow on the shelf looking at him "So you have me at a disadvantage" he said.
"I guess you don't like an uneven playing field then" Christian said verging on flirting.
Connor chuckled "Are you trying to pick me up?" he asked resuming his reading of book titles.
"I'm Christian" he said moving towards Connor, "And of course I am trying to pick you up" he said holding his hand out.
Connor smiled shaking his hand "I have never been picked up so openly like that" he said.
He laughed loudly "Figured you are not stupid being Professor Barton's son" Christian said in a matter of fact way
Connor smiled at him "I may be his son but I have to study as well" he said.
Christian grinned moving closer "I read up about you when I knew you was in my lectures".
Connor chuckled "There is nothing interesting to read about me" he replied.
"I beg to differ" Christian said walking off, "There is a study room behind the last bookshelf".

Connor chuckled as his obvious hint for him to follow, he liked how he never even asked and just took it for granted they were going to do this. Connor looked at the book his finger was on then slowly removing it, he looked back over his shoulder to make sure they were alone. He followed Christian past the final row before they both nervously stepped in to the study room. Christian reached behind him closing the door and looking him in the eye, placing his hand around Connor's waist moving his head closer he tested the water running his lips softly over his closed mouth. He responded moving his lips and kissing Christian lightly in the process, after all he quite often found Christian to be sexy even if a little nerdy at times. The hand pulled him closer and Christian instigated a kiss using his lips to take Connor's upper lip then lower lip, repeating each movement until Connor reacted parting his lips and flickering his tongue gently against Christian's lips. His hand now moved around Christian's neck, it was his turn to instigate a kiss and he was going full on spearing his tongue in to Christian's mouth and forcing their mouths together until their tongues danced together before letting go. Connor looked down to find Christian's free hand now had hold of his cock through his jeans, Connor chuckled and moaned softly grabbing a feel of Christian's arse.

Christian moved back and smiled "Been wanting to do that for ages" he softly said.
"You only had to ask me" Connor replied unable to take his eyes off him for some reason.
"I was never sure if you were interested in me" Christian replied.
Connor kissed him on the lips again "Turn around, bend over and you will see" he said.

Straight away Christian pulled down his sweats and turned around bending over the study table glancing back at Connor in the process. Connor stepped forward and slapped him on the arse then dropped to his knees ramming his face in to the sweet crevice of his arse, his tongue striking hard on his hole. Christian tried to steady himself as his legs wobbled nearly giving way and moaning in to his sleeve to muffle any sound. His eyes opened wide at the thrilling sensation of Connor eating his arse whilst depositing saliva and loosening his hole. He raised his head looking back feeling the air now circulating again over his arse, Connor had stood up and was undoing his jean quickly then pulling out his cock and rubbing it several times. Spitting in to his hand and rubbing it over his seven inches of rock hard cock then dribbling saliva over Christians crack he moved him pressing the head of his cock lightly at first until his hole gave way. Christian raised himself up but Connor pushed him back down keeping his hand on his back to stop him moving, the hole was tight but he was not giving up so easy. Pulling out a little he dribbled more saliva and began pushing back in again, the moans rising from Christian in waves as he slipped deeper inside his arse. He gave Christian a few moments then leant over placing his arm around his neck pushing his cock deeper. Slowly at first his hips rocked back then forward, Christian moaned then grabbed hold of Connor's arse pulling him deeper inside. He responded thrusting forward even harder and quicker testing how much Christian would be able to absorb before tapping out. Connor kissed his ear and ran his tongue along his cheek then finally kissing him again, all the time his hips rocking fast as he fucked Christian for the first time. He felt the signs approaching then shutting his eyes tight for a brief moment he thrusted forward with all his might and pushing Christian painfully up against the desk. The force of his ejaculation causing him to bite down on Christian's shoulder as he felt the release of the cum from his balls moving at lightspeed through his shaft and into Christian. The chain reaction left Christian pushing his arse back in a greedy attempt to feel all of his top man's orgasm. He knew this was a dangerous game but he had no cause to question Connor's status there and then, his body wanted, needed to be bred by him. There was a bizarre angel like quality about Connor that clouded how ruthless and amazing he was at performing the top in sex. His body collapsed on top and Christian moaned, his hips now pushing gently working the last drops of his seed out.

Connor lifted his head up and looked at Christian "You okay down there?" he asked.
Christian nodded "Hell yes" he replied then smiled looking very content.
"You are funny" Connor replied standing up slowly extracting his cock then pulling his jeans up.
Christian stood and pulled his sweats up "Can we do this again sometime?" he asked blushing.
Connor nodded "Sure, I would love to" he confirmed, "Not so nerdy after all" he added.
"We are all nerdy studying history" Christian said wagging a finger at him.

Connor laughed and roughly pulled him forward planting a kiss hard that had Christian slightly reeling when he was released. Connor quietly closed the door watching Christian returning to browsing the bookshelf. Acting cool and natural Connor walked in to the same row and they smiled at each other going through several books on medieval historic events that might shed some ideas.

"Might be easier to use the archive files" Christian said, "You know search keywords".
Connor nodded "Suppose so, there might be more references on the subject" he agreed.
Christian read through a page of a book "Medusa" he said, "Might base mine on Medusa".
"Really?" Connor asked looking at him.
Christian grabbed another book on Greek history "Have you not decided yet?" he asked.
"No" Connor replied looking at a book on the legend of Dracula, "This one intrigues me" he said.
Christian took the book and read the first part "Vampires. Typical" he said.
"Well thanks!" Connor said smirking, "And Medusa isn't?" he asked.
"Yes but Dracula is so done, there are other vampire myths you could try" Christian suggested.

He retrieved a book from the shelf that had a wolf with large fangs on the cover titled Transylvania Myths of Night and passed it to Connor. He laughed rolling his eyes and opened the book looking at the chapters and noticed one near the end called Romaleva. He couldn't remember ever hearing of this name and he turned to page to be stumped by the first sentence 'The ancient region of Romaleva and Travenni played host to a tale of vampires long assumed to be related to Dracula, this was not the case but details are vague'. Connor couldn't quite believe he had found mentioned the village of Travenni again.

"I have a hand written paragraph about this village" Connor said showing Christian.
Christian read it "Vampire myth, could be worth a go" he said going back to his book.
Connor put the book back "I need to go, dinner with my flatmate" he said picking up his bag.
"Sure, see you tomorrow" Christian said retrieving another book on Medusa.

The following day Connor returned to the library and began using the archive searching for vampires, as expected Dracula appeared time and time again, in fact in almost every reference he was mentioned. Then one reference in particular caught his attention that mentioned more than one dynasty and referenced a book called called Historical Lands & Persecutions. He ran up the stairs to the same historical section and began searching through until his finger ran over the book he was looking for. Night of heavy reading he said to himself taking the book downstairs. He began to turn the pages of the book reading sporadic parts for anything that caught his eye. Christian arrived in the library and sat down opposite him getting his books out and looking at Connor until he looked up.

"Hey" Connor said smiling at him.
Christian sat down "So you noticed me then" he said smiling, "Hi. What are you reading?".
Connor showed him the book "Dracula?" Christian asked looking quietly amused.
"What's so amusing?" Connor asked looking up at him with a grin.
Christian opened his books "You and four others doing Dracula" he replied.
"Well I am not doing Dracula, I am trying to find this other myth" Connor said winking at him.
"Stop flirting with me" Christian said opening his notepad and writing.

Connor put his head down and went back to flipping pages until he got to page 320 where there was a brief mention of that small region called Romaleva dating back to 1865. It then went on to reveal that Romaleva ceased to exist in 1870 and became integrated in to Transylvania after the population was wiped out by a plague, the region was host to numerous persecutions around the same time that the many stories around Dracula surfaced yet never substantiated, the records referring to a plague were also not substantiated since the principal village was burnt to the ground. That was it, just a paragraph but it was enough to spike Connor's interest that would make ideal subject matter for their assignment. The next few hours he searched the internet and archive reference. It was like Romaleva had been wiped out of history or deemed unimportant to write about.

"Are you going to keep huffing like that?" Christian asked sitting back in chair watching him.
Connor looked up "Sorry, I seem to hit a dead end about this region of Romania" he said.
"Do deeper research then" Christian suggested, "We have two months to do it".
Connor chuckled "You after time away with me?" he asked turning the page of his book.
"Certainly not" Christian replied looking shocked, "Quite full of yourself aren't you".
Connor smirked keeping his head down "You didn't complain being full of me" he replied.
"Is that so" Christian said scribbling away in his pad.
"Yes!" Connor replied smugly then noticing a reference to a village called Travenni.
Christian looked up at his sudden silence "You look like you have seen a ghost" he said.
"Plague!" Connor suddenly called out and looking at Christian.
"What are you going on about?" Christian asked quite confused over his rambling.
Connor recited from memory "The village of Travenni was burnt to the ground".
Christian appeared confused "What about it?" he asked, "Is it linked to Romaleva?".
"Yes" Connor exclaimed looking at him, "Travenni was the main village of Romaleva" he replied.
Christian nodded "And the other book refers to it as a plague" he said getting it.
Connor nodded  "The writing I have was written in 1870 when Romaleva ceased to exist".
"Wow" Christian said suitably impressed, "I wish I was doing that one with you".
Connor closed all the books "I want to do you know what with you" he said glaring at him.
Christian laughed "Does history get you all horny then?" he asked closing his books.
"What about it?" Connor asked looking at him, "Not sex, doing the assignment with me?".
Christian started packing his books away "First we go see Prof and ask what he knows" he said.
Connor laughed "Is that a yes then?" he asked looking all serious at him.
"Okay, since I have nothing better to write about" Christian replied.

They rushed towards the professors office and put the case to him about them working together on the assignment. Professor Lindton listened intently at the detail of what they had, even he admitted it wasn't much to go on. But what they had matched up in the last 24 hours was impressing the professor, when they finished speaking he sat back looking between them both.

"Why this subject?" Lindton asked, "You have very little to go on, just a region".
"Isn't that just it?" Connor replied, "Finding if the subject matter was fact of fiction".
"Connor found the link between the persecutions and the village of Travenni" Christian said.
Lindton nodded "Travenni was burnt to the ground, how will you find it?" he asked them both.
Connor looked at Christian knowing they had no answer "We need to research it more" Connor said.
Lindton retrieved a very old book "It is the first time anyone has done this subject" he said.
Connor looked surprised "I mean we could do Dracula but half the class is doing it".
Lindton held up a finger to stop Connor "Romaleva was a region in the north" he said.
They sat forward "Vadimov estate was or is home to the Kovalek family" Lindton added.
Lindton looked up at them "I would start with the village of Vladeni" he suggested.
"Can we do this then together?" Christian asked looking hopeful.
"Yes" Lindton replied, "Go to Vladeni and start there. The faculty will pay for the trip".
"Really?" Connor enquired looking shocked at the professor's offer.
Lindton smiled "If I didn't offer it to you your father would be on my case" he replied smiling.
"Thank you" they both said to the professor.
"Don't leave any stone unturned" Lindton advised them, "Investigate and get results".
Christian smiled "Where do we start" he said more to himself reading through Connor's notes.
"The church, all Romanian churches have historical archives hidden away" Lipton replied.
"They do?" Connor now asked sounding surprised, "I would have gone to public records".
Lindton chuckled "You are forgetting your basic vampire myths and tales" he reminded them.
"Of course, they cannot step on sacred ground" Christian said.

Walking out of the faculty building their heads buzzing with ideas running them past each other. The next few days were spent in lectures and in any spare time they would start planning and writing the assignment like a journal as a first draft.

• Like 13
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

I have been waiting patiently for a new story from you. You say it's going to be a short story. But I hope we will be enjoying it for many weeks to come!

I am intrigued by the storyline and the main (I guess?) characters. 

And, this being BZ of course, I am curious how often Connor gets to invade nerdy Christian's ass cheeks! 😉

• Like 1

14 hours ago, negchaserlooking said:

Welcum back. It has been a long wait since  "Life Of The Spare" (there is a Spare who should read your last story, perhaps taking a leaf out of it hahahahahahaha)

Lol, only if he bangs me first!

• Haha 2

Part 2 - The Priest Of Vladeni

As the summer break began that Friday they flew to Sofia in the early evening, Christian sneaking glances at Connor wondering if there was anything between them, the randomness of their sex that day in the library appeared to be a thing of the past. There connecting flight to Brasov arrived just after midnight. From here they took a thirty minute taxi ride to the village of Vladeni and the Dormin guest house, luckily it was only a few buildings away from the Biserica Sfantul church. Connor dropped his backpack on the floor, the building was fairly new as was every building they passed, there was nothing ancient or really historical in the village. He was getting the weirdest feelings running through his body, creepy and full of dark secrets yet there was nothing out of the ordinary about the place. In all the village looked perfectly normal for a Romanian country village.

"We start with finding out what the church has hidden" Christian suggested.
Connor looked at him "This whole place feels unreal, do you not feel it?" he asked.
Christian chuckled "Certainly doesn't feel normal" he replied looking at Connor, "Bed time".
Connor walked over to him "Not yet" he said kissing him lightly, "We need to be quiet".
Christian giggled during the next kiss "So you drag me here to have sex?" he asked.

Connor smiled then kissed him deeper all the time removing their clothes in the process. Christian was in no way going to refuse and gradually felt himself rising up, wrapping his legs around Connor who carried him over to the bed. Connor looked down and smirked grabbing his legs pulling them over his own shoulders and leaning forward and kissing Christian again. He wriggled and giggled but found he was firmly balled up by Connor with his cock already making moves at his hole and leaving trails of pre-cum. He kissed Christian locking their mouths together as he wriggled his hips pressing his cock against the hole and slipping inside, his eyes snapped open at the sudden invasion moaning in to Connor's mouth as quiet as he could be, his hands pushing at his shoulders to give him a moment. The arms moved around Connor's neck pulling him close with Christian wriggling his arse around allowing a deeper penetration as he breathed rapidly through his nose, his mouth clamped open and full of Connor's tongue and saliva. His excitement and desire clear to see in his eyes and Connor pushed the rest of his cock deep inside, his back arched and he moaned quietly staring up in to those sparkling bright blue eyes. In that moment Christian realised he was beginning to feel something more than just sex with Connor, he had to put that out of his head for now and complete the work they had come here to do. Connor stopped kissing looking at the thoughtful look on Christian's face, his hips continued their rapid bursts of thrusts that eventually brought him back round. He blinked and engaged eye contact properly feeling the changes in Connor's body as it began tensing, he dropped down kissing him hard briefly. Their faces were so close as Connor began making low grunting sounds and breathing out, Christian could feel the warm breath flowing over his face. Their eyes looking so intensely at each other. Christian closed his eyes crushing his thighs lightly against Connor's waist as he felt his own orgasm surfacing out of nowhere, he cried out a little too loudly. Connor smothered his mouth with another kiss and locked his cock deep inside feeling his cock jump slightly as the first pulse travelled along his shaft, crushing his hips down hard his cum releasing in waves as he held on to Christian biting his shoulder to muffle the sound.

They laid in silence with just the heavy breathing filling the room with ambient sound, Connor released Christian then pushed him up further up the bed then laid on top of him kissing him tenderly for several moments. His urge for sex unsatisfied and he hooked Christian's legs up around his waist quickly slipping his cock back inside. It took a moment before he realised Connor was going at it again, he pulled Connor's face towards him and kissed him madly and was rewarded by him gyrating his once again hard cock. The gyrating and pushing hitting every side inside his arse, feeling every single movement delivered with a lustful purpose causing his to wriggle and arch his back. Moaning wildly he was unable to keep quiet, he was quickly finding that Connor was very adept in the art of sex as he seamlessly transition in to a rhythmical gentle thrusting. Christian was more heightened than ever still recovering from the first fucking he just got, his own cock began stiffening and bouncing up and down until it started leaking like a faucet and he knew he was about to orgasm again. It happened, the way Connor looked down smiling and using his hips in a gyrating thrust action caused Christian to grab his arms tightly arching his back. This time he bit down on Connor's shoulder to stop him crying out as he shot a big ribbon of seed up along his chest and splashing against his neck. His ass muscles contracted around Connor's cock bringing him to orgasm as he rammed his cock in several times harder than ever against the muscles gripping his cock. His hips unable to stop until the last drop of his cum was milked out. Collapsing on top of Christian through tiredness and sexual exhaustion their bodies sliding against Christian's cum covered chest causing them both to giggle quietly. Finally coming apart then quickly locking together in a sexual embrace, they laid on their sides looking at each other smiling, giggling and kissing until Connor turned over and went to sleep.

Christian wondered if he was just being used as sexual relief for him, he instigated the first time they had sex but it appeared Connor just need to fuck so he got it. After a good night’s sleep Christian woke feeling the warm body of Connor next to him, he laid there quietly watching Connor. This was a first, waking up with another man in bed with him and he suspected that the same might actually apply to Connor who was now waking up. His hand was roaming over Christian's body and a smile gradually drew across his mouth.

"Morning" Connor said sleepily, "We slept together then by the looks of it" he remarked.
Christian smiled "First time I have ever woken up with another man in my bed" he said softly.
Connor shuffled closer "Same here" he replied just as softly, "Quite nice really".
"What is?. Waking up next to you?" Christian asked to which Connor nodded.
"Until the other day I never looked on you as anything but another student" Connor said.
"Nerd. If I remember rightly" Christian remarked reminding him then stroking his chest.
Connor gave him a cheeky smile "You still are" he said pulling Christian closer wanting a kiss.
Christian pulled back "I have morning breath" he said screwing his face up.
"So do I" Connor replied refusing to let him go until he got the kiss he wanted.
"Breakfast then church archives" Christian said finally managing to escape him.

He sat on the side of the bed and looked over his shoulder at Connor's perfect body, that feeling of wanting more with him surfaced and he tried to quell it as they had a job to do. Well he was wondering if there would be a wake up fuck but that clearly wasn't about to happen  this morning. In some strange way he had found himself wanting to be around Connor all the time. Christian reached over and pulled some sweats on whilst he was dreading the truth knowing he was falling badly in love with his new friend. After some breakfast they walked along the road and stood outside the church looking up at the plaque that read 1895.

"Must be the year the church was built" Christian said looking at him.
Connor nodded "If it is then it was years after Travenni disappeared" he replied despairingly.
Walking inside the church a priest hurried towards them "Cu ce vă pot ajuta?" he asked.
"I am sorry we do not speak Romanian" Christian said hoping the priest spoke English.
The priest suddenly stared curiously at Connor "What do you want here?" he asked.
"We want to find out about Travenni" Christian said noticing the priest still staring at Connor.
Connor nodded "We are trying to find out the history of the village" he added.
"Wait" the priest said hurrying off considering how old he looked.
"Now that was definitely weird" Christian said as Connor looked at a burial plaque.
"I assume you know your parents and all that?" Connor asked glancing at him.
Christian nodded "Yes" he said, "My family are pretty normal and boring. Nerdy like me".
Connor laughed "I don't know who mine are. I mean I was adopted from a baby" he explained.
"Really?" Christian questioned, "It does mention you were adopted" he said.
Connor glanced at him "Family secrets" he said then chuckled, "I don't know any different".
"So effectively they are your family" Christian said looking up at the altar.
"I was left in the church on Christmas day, my history begins there" Connor told him.
The priest returned and looked at Connor again "Nu înțelegi cuvintele mele?" he asked him.
"No" Connor replied then looked shocked, "I... Do I understand?" he asked scratching his head.
Suddenly he felt horrified, confused and ran out of the church "Hey" Christian called after him.
"You understand Romanian?" Christian asked catching him up, "How? Why?" he questioned.
"I don't know Christian. I have never been here or studied it" Connor answered him.
"Okay I may be a nerd, you are just plain weird now" Christian said trying making light of it.
Connor shrugged "It might have been the way he said it that I understood".
The priest stood in the door "Intră te rog" he said but Connor couldn't understand him.
Christian looked at Connor "I am sorry I have no idea what you said" Connor replied.
The priest nodded his head "Come I take you to the crypt we have papers and books".

They followed him towards the altar then round the back to an old stone staircase hidden behind curtains, these lead them down to some a set of heavy old wooden doors. The priest unlocked it and the stepped inside a crypt, immediately it gave them shivers up their spine stepping in to physical history, the place looked and felt like it had been undisturbed for years. The priest explained in his own version of English that no one comes down here. He then handed them two lamps and stood back at the door telling them he would be upstairs when they are finished. The priest watched unable to believe his eyes, the looks were striking in their resemblance. But a coincidence that if he was, why was here researching the one person that would be looking for him.

Everything around them was covered in thick dust and cobwebs, there was no musty smell so it was obviously well built and dry. In the corner stood a large wooden cabinet that Christian walked over to and opened the doors, dislodging dust that filled the air. He waited until it settled then shone his lamp at the interior.

"There are only two books here, but they are hefty looking" Christian said.
Connor walked over "Papers, they look rather fragile though" he added.

Christian carefully pulled one of the books out and opened it, inside was hand written pages and drawings. The writing was in Romanian which was not going to help their cause but it was still worth looking for some words that would stick out. In the meantime Connor carefully took the papers out placing them on a stone tomb then looking over each one. Around half way through the pile he noticed the Kovalek name on a document.

Can you translate this "Kovalek urma omonimului direct de familie" he asked.
Christian typed on his phone "Kovalek line of the direct family namesake" he said.
Christian was typing the word căsătorit "Married" he said pointing to the word on the document.
"I guess the other word nenecăsătorit mean unmarried" Connor said and Christian nodded.

Moving the lamps closer to the document they began tracing the family name of Kovalek and taking photographs of the document. Fortunately it was pretty easy to follow with names and dates.

Marik Kovalek 1610-1680 căsătorit Cesia Havol 1615-1682, 
- son Marik Kovalek II 1645-1710 căsătorit Clauda Vensher 1650-1720
-- son Marik Kovalek III 1690-1768 căsătorit Corina Dragascu 1695-1766
--- son Razvan Kovalek 1730-1801 căsătorit Adelina Dorin 1740-1807
---- son Marian Kovalek 1762-1829 necăsătorit
---- son Marik Kovalek IV 1775-1829 căsătorit Nadia Vadim 1784-1829
----- son Gregor Kovalek 1805- necăsătorit,necunoscut dacă este decedat
----- daughter Larisa Kovalek 1810- dezmoştenit

"Larisa was disinherited, Gregor unknown if deceased" Christian said reading from his phone.
Connor looked at him "But why then was the daughter listed?" he asked pondering, "The trail seems to run dry with no other decedents".
Christian was reading the book again and noticed the name "Look! Gregor Kovalek is mentioned here".
Connor picked the book up "Let’s go ask the priest to translate" he suggested, "Might be easier if he is willing to help".

They walked up the steps brushing the dust off themselves and saw the priest deep in prayer until he realised they were watching him. He stood up from his kneeling position and noticed they were carrying the book and a piece of paper, gently he nodded his head beckoning them over. They walked over to him and all the while the priest stared at Connor which was unnerving him again. Christian opened the book at the page and asked the priest if he could translate what the paragraph about Gregor Kovalek meant. There was a certain reluctance at first from the priest but he knew if they copied it they could get the transcript translated easy enough. 

He looked slightly nervous and invited them to sit as he began translating as best he could "Gregor Kovalek is the son of Marik and Nadia Kovalek. By the words in this scripture they tell of when he was 24 years old he roamed the countryside never heeding the warnings or tales circulating around. It says one night he returned under the influence of the blood curse", the priest looked up at them both "Vampire to you" he confirmed then continued, "His curse intensified in 1829 when he extracted the blood of his relatives removing Marian, Mark and Nadia Kovalek, his last surviving relatives except one. By doing so he gained longevity. He took control of the family fortune and Vadimov estate retreating from daylight and extracting blood from the villagers of Travenni slowly and over time. Constant daylight is the only saviour but in these winters of dark sky no one is safe and they retreat inside. Using the only means to protect of garlic, religious symbols and holy water. Inside they remain safe and protected until he is invited to cross the threshold, doing so brings an end to life for all those inside".

"So is this a myth or is it true?" Christian asked scribbling notes down furiously, "I mean did he exist at the time?".
The priest stared at Connor again "It is long before my time, but some people read truth in to the myth".
Connor watched the priest "But like all myths there is no proof to say it is true" Connor remarked.

The priest looked at him and turned the pages over near to the end of the book and began reading again "Sarina Voltek suffered two attacks that left the mark of the blood curse on her neck, one villager claims they saw Gregor Kovalek over the body before he vanished in to a swirl of thick black mist that shrouded him. The villagers rose in uproar and the priest gave her sanctuary in the church. She tells of his appearance as a shadow in the corner of her left eye, when she look no one appears in her vision. A cold breath touched her neck, her body chilled before he struck, her heart beating painfully hard. Then it was over and she regained awaken state. Two nights later she hurriedly went out in some delirious state, Kovalek was waiting and striked again, her body sunken and lifeless, only a trace of blood around the marks was left. Kovalek extracted all the blood from her and she no longer had life" he finished looking at Connor again then turned several more pages in the book "The villagers now rebelled at her death and lack of moral responsibility, setting about to destroy the Vadimov estate and Gregor Kovalek with it. He knew of this revolt and the following night any villager outside their home fell, ten villagers in one night laid in pools of red blood around their ripped open necks. Their bodies left by the church in defiance staining the steps blood red to the house of god almighty. The second night the same, bodies piling higher, loved ones taken and families wiped out. During darkness no one dare venture out and Travenni became quiet. By day the exodus began leaving not one villager behind as they headed south to escape him. Their bodies were found spread out in the forests the next day as they ran when he appeared. With devastating calmness he took them one by one without showing any mercy. Kovalek had struck each one leaving them in their own blood, all except three young men from the village. It is not known if they escaped or if Kovalek had taken them to Vadimov" the priest closed the book handing it back to Christian.

"Oh my god!" Christian remarked then apologising, "This is so awesome, it is very descriptive like it was real".
Connor looked on in disbelief but knew Christian had a point "Do you know where the remains of the village are?" he asked.
"Under you" the priest replied looking at him, "Burned to the ground and replaced by Vladeni".
"Did he kill his sister that is named here?" Christian asked pointing to Larisa Kovalek.
Christian fired another question "Do you believe it is a vampire and still exists?" he asked and realised he sounded stupid asking that.
"Wow straight to the point" Connor remarked laughing.
The priest stood walking to the altar "It is believed he exists" he said staring at Christ, "It is believed he is a vampire and brought down Dracula".
Connor stood by him "But as a man of god you cannot say either way?" he questioned.
"On holy ground, Kovalek or his blood would not be able to stand here" the priest replied.

The atmosphere suddenly took on the strangest feeling and Christian looked at Connor who in turn looked at him. It was clear they didn't understand what the priest was rambling on about and it was blurring the lines of their research.

"We only came to research the persecutions of Romaleva for an assignment" Connor explained.
The priest looked at him "You are not here seeking Kovalek then?" he asked slightly confused.
"Christ no. Excuse the blasphemy, it is research only" Christian added.

The priest stared up at the crucifix and the body of Christ "There are those who believe he still walks in the darkness, preys on tourists that venture out and never get to leave. There is no real evidence as you would expect, no one really knows if he exists as no one dare go to the Vadimov estate or near it. One myth is that once inside you cannot leave, confused and disorientated, walking around endlessly unable to think until darkness falls and he rises" his voice trailing off and looking at them both. "Jacques Boufan, a French tourist disappeared last year, he stayed at the Gydna Guest House close to the Vadimov estate. That should give you plenty to research on".

"For a neutral believer you know a lot" Connor said once the priest was quiet.
The priest took out a crucifix on a chain "Take it in your hand" he said to Connor.
Connor reached out and took hold of it "I am not a vampire" he remarked sounding silly.
"Wear it for your own protection here. I implore you" the priest said looking serious.
He handed one to Christian who took it "See I am not a vampire either" he said chuckling.
The priest nodded looking relieved "No one has ever asked about Kovalek" he reiterated, "You being here is concerning" he added.

He gestured for them to follow him in to his office and locked the door behind them which made both the boys slightly nervous. He opened a locked cupboard and took a small folder out then indicated for them to sit down and the priest sat behind his desk opening the folder.

"You may photograph this" the priest said carefully taking out a very old piece of paper.
"It is written in Romanian" Christian said taking a photo of it with his phone.
The priest nodded "It is a prophecy written by a Travenni village seer" he informed them.
Connor looked up at the priest "Could you please translate it for us?" he asked.

The priest nodded "Born from the bloodline through the years a child with blood of purity will emerge. The blood from mighty ancient families unite and strengthen until they bring forth the one true pure blood through the ages. The one will be highly sought after as the key to unleash him from perpetual darkness. The one who carries the blood of purity will be guarded and protected by him for eternity. For they must live to allow his existence in light. On that day he shall bring fear amongst the living who will return to seek sacred grounds for protection" he spoke the last sentence then looked up at Connor with that weird stare again.

Connor watched the priest "Do you make much sense of it all?" he asked.
"You mean if it is true?" the priest asked, "It is a prophecy of a local seer".
They both looked at the priest "It was written nearly two hundred years ago" the priest added.
Connor scribbled some notes down "Well at least we know more than when we arrived" he said.
Christian nodded his head closing the notebook "I think we have enough to untangle for today" he said.
The priest stood "There is someone you must see. I will ask if they will see you and arrange it" he told them.
"Arrange it?" Connor asked standing.
"She will have to agree to see you. She can explain more in detail" the priest said.

They both stood outside the church watching the priest going inside and closing the large doors, they found a quiet spot in the village and sat down writing up some notes in journal style as Day 1 in Vladeni. Connor was a little subdued when they finished as they went out and began to explore the village before it got dark. Christian was deep in thought coming in to the main square of Vladeni.

"Are you going to tell me what has got to you?" Christian asked him.
Connor looked at him "I don't know Christian" he replied, "It is all rubbish yet I seem to believe it".
"He was convincing" Christian said stopping to look at him, "The crucifix?" he asked.
"Yes" Connor replied, "I mean why did he give these to us?" he asked expecting Christian to know.
Christian shrugged "I think we should go and see the Vadimov estate for ourselves" he suggested.
Connor chuckled "We are not going on the grounds of the estate" he said and Christian agreed.

That late afternoon they ventured out of the village towards the Vadimov estate, clearly they were actually both intrigued to see it for themselves. The dirt road lead them through a small wooded area then up a slight incline where two gates stood proud either side of the road. Christian looked at Connor then laughed since either side of the gates was no wall or fence so you could just walk around the locked gates. The house looked run down and unlived in, it was large by comparison to anything they had seen in the village and each end of the building had turrets built in a gothic castle style. It was almost castle like but not quite, yet clearly it was once home to a very wealthy family. Everything seemed so old and untouched which Christian thought was unusual and was about to step around the gate post but Connor put a hand on his arm.

"No" Connor said, "We agreed" he said reminding him, "The whole place looks too weird for words".
Christian looked up at the house "There is only one way of finding out" he replied stepping forward.
Connor pulled him back "Don't, this whole place is giving me the creeps" he said nervously, "I can't explain why".
"Maybe that priest cursed you" Christian said with a laugh, "Or he fancied you and gave you a love curse".
"You are very funny!" Connor replied smiling at him, "He did keep looking at me weirdly".
"Definitely fancies you" Christian reiterated walking off and laughing.
Coming out of the wooded area Christian looked across the way "The guest house" he said.
"Oh yes" Connor said crossing the road to get a closer look, "Doesn't look too shabby".
"Absolutely not" Christian said, "I am happy where we are" he added and was now the one looking nervous.
Connor laughed "Please do not tell me you believe any of this" he remarked looking at him.
Christian shrugged "I thought you were the one believing this not me" he replied.

The continued the walk back in to the village finding a quiet café where they had dinner and went back to the guest house. Under their door was a note from the priest which Christian opened and read the instructions to get to Alterman House for 11am where a lady called Grazie Borsch has agreed to meet with them. Connor though was on his phone grinning away.

"What has made you happy?" Christian asked folding the note with instructions.
"There is a guy 300 meters from here who wants sex" Connor replied looking at him.
Christian looked at him "Oh right. Are you going then?" he asked trying to be chilled about it.
"Certainly" Connor replied standing up, "I will be back in a hour".
"Wear this then please" Christian said making Connor laugh.
He soon realised Christian was not joking "Okay" Connor said putting it around his neck.
Christian sat on the bed opening his laptop "I will look up this French tourist".

Connor opened the door looking back at Christian and he couldn't work out if he was looking sad or now deep in research. Christian looked up hearing the door closed and wiped his eyes telling him he was being stupid and began typing on his keypad. 

Strange as this Jacob guy asked to meet him near the church so Connor figured that either he had nowhere to go for sex and wasn't out of the closet yet. Jacob was sat on the wall of the church yard and smiled as Connor approached then hinted for him to follow. There was a little reluctance about doing this on church grounds, but sex was sex so Connor followed and walked around the back of the church in to the graveyard and bushes hiding any action from view. Jacob was leaning against one of the trees waiting patiently, he was average height and very Romanian looking but didn't waste any time since he was clearly desperate to get fucked. He was a very attractive 24 year old that clearly lived a closeted life in this village. Jacob pulled him close then dropped to his knees, his hands extracting Connor's cock then sighing in delighted pleasure with his mouth closing around it and tasting male cock. Connor rolled his head back smiling, his hand forcing the Romanian on his cock deeper. He spoke no words, just erotic moans and choking on the cock being forced down his throat. Jacob stood and pulled his trousers down bending over and supporting himself against the trunk of a tree. Connor glanced around then spat in his hand rubbing it over his cock, he then moved closer dribbling spit down and hitting the target dead on. Slowly edging the head of his cock against Jacob's hole, applying more and more pressure until it gave way allowing him to penetrate. Connor moaned softly with one hand on Jacob's back holding him down in his bent position, Jacob breathed hard making small whimpering noises the deeper Connor penetrated him until he finally pushed back taking all his cock. Connor used his free hand to hold the man by his waist and began fucking him with a gentle yet relentless pace. Connor looked up at the tree canopy and the rustling leaves moving in the warm early evening air. His focus fully on Jacob who was clearly enjoying their sex by the way he was pushing back harder. His balls fizzled and tightened and Connor grabbed him with both hands around the waist as he reached orgasm. His hips thrusting forward meeting his arse then holding still as he felt the riveting pulses travelling up his shaft and ejaculating his cum in to the Romanian man. Jacob moaned loudly grinding and using his arse sucking in every drop from this tourist. Slowly pulling his cock out, Jacob went back on his knees sucking Connor's cock in a gesture of thanks.

Within seconds Connor packed his cock away and kissed Jacob on the cheek and left him there. Leaving the church grounds. He saw Jacob light up a cigarette smiling away in the ever growing darkness falling around them. Out of sight and on the dirt track walking towards the main road he suddenly stopped turning his head quickly either side with a feeling he was not alone. Nothing, there was no one there, no footsteps or sign of life, it didn't stop the shiver running up his spine and he turned around just in case but the track behind him was empty. Connor chuckled to himself wondering if he was now hearing things after all the mysterious tales of today. It didn't stop him from quickening his pace back to the guest house to see what Christian had found out.

Jacob smoked his cigarette against the tree to leave a few minutes gap between him and the tourist leaving the church yard. The village as usual was pretty quiet now evening had closed in, a few people either going or coming from the pub in the next street could be heard in the distance. Walking down the dirt track to the main road he thought he saw someone to his left and quickly glanced then wondered if the dark shadows cast by the trees was playing games. He definitely heard a noise like someone was smelling something, the hairs on the back of his neck stood up whilst a shiver ran down his spine freezing him to the spot. In front of him stood a tall slim young man, piercing blue eyes that were fixed on him, he couldn't blink or stop looking at him slightly confused by his sudden appearance and his look. 

The tall young man said nothing yet desperate to taste him, he knew he couldn't risk taking the man's life. Upsetting the locals was the last thing he wanted right now but he needed to know. His finger lifted Jacob's chin and moved his head to the right, leaning forward close to his exposed neck and sniffing. The scent of nicotine and a hint of garlic in his blood hit his acute sense of smell, a single drop of this blood would make him sick for weeks. Instead he slipped his hand inside Jacob's trousers and underwear, pushing a finger deep up his hole until he felt the slickness of the cum. Pulling his finger out he sniffed long and hard, then again and he smiled nodding. His finger began to burn and he quickly wiped it on Jacob's shirt disappearing from the man's vision. Jacob remained fixed in his transient state, his head still looking over to the right like it was frozen in position for several minutes. He then leaned over and vomited bile multiple times, his body felt cold and he was disorientated and sat on the ground. He couldn't make sense of anything or clear his head that was in pain yet it didn't hurt. Blissfully unaware he stood and began walking past the church to the end of the main road and out of the village. His eyes unable to focus or see properly but his feet kept moving, through the small wood and up the dirt track, the open gates allowing him to pass through. His feet carrying him up the drive to Vadimov mansion, up the three steps the ornate doors opened and he stepped inside the mansion, the doors closed. He was aware of the inside of this large mansion but his feet kept moving, down a flight of steps where the stark coldness of the air met his skin. Jacob knew he didn't want to be here yet he couldn't fight off the force in his head that controlled him. 

Turning the corner through an open door his vision picking up a skeleton hanging by the bones of their feet from manacles attached to the stone roof. Fear running through his body then he saw the metal cage in the perfect shape of a human with legs and arms apart. He still had enough of his own thoughts to know this was a contraption designed to keep a person trapped limiting any movement. Again he tried to fight it and tears began rolling down his cheeks unable to stop what he was doing, he stepped in to it placing his legs and arms in position leaning back. A figure appeared and pulled the front of the cage round, as soon as the two parts met numerous clasps began closing all around securing him within the frame. The figure moved away and the pain in his head lifted and he felt himself regaining some control, he tried moving but his body was completely immobilised inside the cage. Jacob was only able to move fingers and toes, every other part of his body was held in place by the cold metal of the cage. The fog completely lifted and in an intense surge his thoughts returned like a bang in his head causing him to pass out. Marcin walked up the stairs and bowed his head at his master who stood there in the entrance hall. Without a word he left Vadimov mansion and went back to his guest house. Jacob's eyes slowly fluttered coming to, he could see nothing in the darkness, his body being forced in to a weird standing position feeling the metal pressing against every part of him. The cages purpose to instil fear and panic was doing what it was meant to, Jacob panicked remembering what he had seen walking in to the room without reasonable explanation as to why he did. He could smell the metal that was so close to his face, he could smell a stale odour assaulting his nostrils as he cried and screamed for help. His trapped body aching all over unsure how long he had been like this now, he could do nothing but wait for whatever fate was coming his way. Recollecting the strange walk up to the mansion he now remembered he was inside Vadimov mansion and the tales of the Kovalek vampire freaked him out and he screamed and cried for help for several hours.

Connor sat in the lounge for half an hour having a coffee and trying to work out what had come over Christian. He never for one moment assumed that Christian was falling for him. Standing up he put a smile on and went upstairs back to their room. Inside he saw Christian was writing away, he glanced up and nodded his head then went back to writing.

Connor sat on the bed "Did you have any luck?" he asked Christian who was slightly ignoring him.
"You can read about it in the paper when I write it up" Christian replied.
Connor stood up "Whatever" he said taking his clothes off, "I am going for a shower".

Christian put down his notepad watching Connor grab a towel leaving the room. His worst fear was coming true, he had fallen hard for a person who showed no interest other than random sex.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

I got an erection as soon as I thought you might mix vampires in a gay bareback story!

Amazing start, brilliant story telling and I definitely hope to read many more new chapters of your story!

Keep on cuming, please!

💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Part 3 - The Prophecy

Christian was in bed asleep when Connor arrived back from his shower, he had some idea that he going off for sex in the midst of their research might be the reason for his behaviour. Not wanting to risk any more upset he climbed in to the other bed turning the light off and fingering the crucifix he now wore around his neck before falling asleep. When he woke the following morning he saw that Christian was already awake sitting up in bed and writing, he watched him for several minutes waiting for him to acknowledge his existence at least.

Connor got out of bed "Is there something wrong?" he asked getting dressed.
"No" Christian replied putting his notepad down and getting up finding his clothes.
Connor was not fooled and felt a little tension between them "Need to be there in two hours".
Christian nodded getting dressed "Let’s get some breakfast first" he replied.
"So what did you find out about that tourist?" Connor asked over breakfast.
Christian looked up at him "Jacques Boufan stayed at the Gydna Guest House" he said.

Connor looked at him and he explained what he had discovered that the following morning Jacques was said to have checked out of the guest house and going south to Bram. He liked how excited Christian got when having done research that yielded results. Christian went on explaining that he was never seen that morning only by the guest house owner, a young man called Marcin Cwik. Other than that no one else saw him or could ever identify him as being in Bram. French police came here to help search for him along with his family, primarily focusing on the guest house and the route south he would have taken. Christian put down his cup and told Connor that the search was halted six months after his disappearance, there was no trace of him anywhere, it was like he vanished off the face of the earth.

Connor nodded "Sorry I put my cock ahead of our work" he said apologising.
"Doesn't matter" Christian said shrugging, "But I did a search on this Marcin Cwik" he added.
"You know something!" Connor exclaimed looking excited.
"Cwik family resided in the village of Travenni" Christian said then paused waiting.
Connor raised his eyebrow "And let me guess, they were wiped out by this Kovalek?" he asked.
Christian smiled "That is what I thought, their youngest son was never found" he said. 
"Coincidence or do you think it is all connected and not a myth after all?" Connor asked chuckling away.
Christian laughed "Got to be a myth. Let us see what this Grazie Borsch has to say" he said.
Connor nodded then looked up quickly "Borsch?" he asked, "Why does that ring a bell".
"Does it?" Christian responded, "I tried doing some research on her but got nothing".

They stood up and went back to their bedroom, Christian put his notepad in his rucksack and stood up to find Connor standing by his side looking at him. He leaned forward quickly kissing him but Christian pushed him away.

"Please stop Connor" Christian said blushing a little, "Don't complicate things" he said.
"I am sorry. I get caught up in sex at times" Connor replied hating that he was pushed away.

In truth Christian was growing fond of Connor in many ways, but there was a lack of anything coming from Connor, he just seemed to want a friend with benefits. They left the guest house and followed the detailed instructions of the priest to find Alterman House, all the while Connor was trying to remember why the name was familiar. His head was so full of information that he was struggling to order it to make sense. They turned off the road noticing they were pretty close to Vadimov estate and found what they were looking for. Alterman House was a small cottage surrounded by fields of garlic growing all around, devoid of any trees affording open views and in the distance the Vadimov estate could just be seen. Grazie sat there at the table reading the small book she kept under lock and key in a box adorned with crosses and varnished with garlic oil. Inheriting the gift of being a seer she was a direct descendant of the women in her family right back to the first seer who wrote the original Travenni prophecy. Many of the locals thought she was just another crazy woman in the Borsch family who lived at Alterman House. Clasping the book in both hands with her eyes closed she waited and slowly the images came to her. A figure travelling to a house in a snowy landscape uncovering the truth of their identity for those in the house knew the secrets. Opening her eyes she looked down at the Berkhoff family tree then turned the paper face down and placed the book on top. She glanced out of the window and saw the two young men walking up the long path to the house.

Christian stopped wondering if this lady had a garlic fetish "Grows a lot of garlic" he said smirking, "A lot of garlic in fact".
Connor smiled at least he was talking again "So would I living around here with all these tales and myths" he replied.
The door opened and Grazie stood there "Good morning!" Connor called out smiling at her.
Inclining her head acknowledging them but clearly staring at Connor "Hi, I am Christian and this is Connor" Christian said.

She looked again at Christian and Connor then on the wall behind her she looked in the mirrors at their reflections before turning back and inviting them in. The action caused the two lads to look at each other wondering what that was all about.

"Is that a Romanian tradition?" Christian asked as she closed the door.
Grazie looked at him "You have a lot to learn young man" she said in perfect English.
"Oh are you English?" Connor asked picking up on it.
"No" Grazie replied inviting them to sit, "I am of Romanian, Hungarian and Russian descent".
They made themselves comfortable "You show reflection and walk through garlic so pose no danger" she said.
Christian nodded understanding now "But we are not vampires" he said finding it amusing and glancing at Connor.
Connor chuckled "It is not amusing" Grazie said sharply, "Inviting vampires in to your home is dangerous".
"I apologise Ms Borsch" Connor said, "That is what we wish to find out, if they are real or myth for our research".
Grazie smiled "Of course they are" she said simply, "Please you may call me Grazie" she added, "Please sit down".
"Have you seen one Grazie?" Christian asked quickly getting his notepad out.
Grazie laughed "You do not see them young man. I told you, you have a lot to learn".
Christian looked at Connor then back at Grazie "If that is the case, how do you know they exist then?" he asked.
"You feel them, but by then if your blood is clean it is too late unless you are protected" Grazie replied.
A silence prevailed for a moment as they got comfortable "What is it you really seek here?" she asked.
"Well the priest said you knew more about some prophecy" Connor replied.
Grazie stared at him then leaned forward "Are you of Berkhoff descent?" she asked out of the blue.
Christian looked at Connor "I... Sorry why do you think that?" Connor asked sounding shocked.
Grazie looked down at the paper "I am a seer from the Borsch family" she replied.
"But your family name Borsch, it is familiar to me" Connor said racking his brains again.
Grazie smiled "My great grandmother was Lettie Arno Borsch is that who you refer to" she enquired.
"Of course" Connor replied with his mouth open, "Travenni 1865" he said, "She wrote the prophecy in the book".
Grazie looked at him "You have the book?" she asked curiously and he nodded, "Good".
Christian sat there looking even more confused "Is it with the right person?" she asked.
"What is going on?" Christian asked looking annoyed.
"You remember this" Connor said showing the photo of the writings.
"Yes you said it was in a book at your house" Christian replied and Connor nodded and he suddenly got it.
"My great grandmother" Grazie said, "She was from a long line or seers in the family".
Christian sat back writing in his notepad "Can you prove Kovalek is real then?" he asked.
Grazie looked curiously at him "Why do you seek him?" she asked, "Nothing good will come of it".
She then turned to Connor "Read me my ancestor’s words you have in the book please".

Connor nodded and opened his laptop up and began reading it from the photo he had "When the time comes seek perpetual daylight as your only saviour. For the young Kovalek son lives by night and never dies, the family at his knees now gone and a sibling who disappeared without trace and lived a secret life" Grazie put her hand up to stop him.

"Kovalek killed his own family but Larissa his sister survived" she said interpreting it, "Carry on".

Connor looked down and continued "The village of Travenni is in danger of being wiped out through his anger and search for the one, yet he know not of when they will appear. His appearance spells doom for your soul, the flicker of a shadow in the corner of your eye, his icy breath behind you chills your spine, the deathly accuracy when he takes his victim. A sharp gasp of breath taken by your mouth as your eyes flutter. The force of your beating heart pumps harder quickening the process until it stops beating, its purpose devoid of meaning in your now lifeless body" she raised her hand gain to stop him.

"You understand he killed every resident of Travenni over several nights" Grazie said.
"And your family?" Christian asked beating Connor to the question, "I mean your family survived through this?".
"Look around, he could not step foot here for fear of burning his soul" she replied.
"Garlic" Connor said to which Grazie nodded, "And the rest?" he asked.
"He presents himself in full to the one yet he waits for them" Grazie explained.
Christian leaned forward "So if he bites does your heart beats faster?" he asked sounding confused.
Grazie nodded "You will pump blood harder expediting the taking of your life. Continue" she said.

"Thank you Grazie, having all this interpreted is amazing" Connor said excitingly and looked at Christian who had a don't believe a word of it look, he continued reading "An ability to control one’s mind from a close distance, you feel a madness taking over but it makes him weak to invade, he is destined to control others in his quest" she raised her hand and he stopped waiting patiently.

"He has the power to control your thoughts but it exposes him, weakens him" Grazie explained.
Connor looked at Christian "Has he ever taken control of anyone?" he asked.
She looked at them "Marcin Cwik is believed to serve him. Continue" she said, “So they say”.
"Is there any evidence he does?" Christian quickly asked and by her silence they wondered.
"Well?" Connor asked seeking an answer.
Grazie nodded "He runs the Gydna guest house, the villagers are blind to his passing years" she confirmed.

Christian wanted to ask another question but she raised her hand silencing him and Connor continued "You can only see him if he presents himself to you, his touch can freeze your body and thoughts. His icy blue eyes so mesmerising pulling you under his spell for he shall take them to serve his own need, his way of getting close to the one. His manifestation drives only a purpose and quest seeking each of the Berkhoff family ancestors. The one who carries the blood of purity that will unleash and free him from perpetual darkness. Yet he shall not kill the one who carries the blood of purity, only by existence and willingness can their blood mix. He will find the one who remains, he will taste their purity and see the light of day, too much purity is blurred and could spell disaster" again Grazie raised her hand.

Grazie nodded "They are the words of my ancestor indeed" she said and began completing the interpretation "He will appear to those who are close to the one, use them to gain their trust and leading the one to his destiny. They will either be cursed or their blood extracted. He cannot kill the one as once their blood entwines it will bring his demise" she explained carefully.

Connor understood "If he drinks the blood of the one he can appear in daylight?" he asked.
"Indeed" Grazie said smiling at his understanding, "That is why the Berkhoff family hide their descendants".
"So had the one" Christian said emphasising it, "Have they appeared or died?" he asked.
Grazie stared blankly at him "The one descends from Berkhoff lineage" she repeated then looked at Connor.

Grazie turned the piece of paper over and began running through the Berkhoff family "The priest told me you got as far as Larissa Kovalek as she is the last listed family member" she said watching both guys nod. "Larissa knew there was something wrong with her brother Gregor, she ran off with her best friend and married him when she was 19 years old. His name was Avram Berkhoff and their union brought two great ancient families together, you can see it here in the family tree" she said showing them the document which they read. 

Avram Berkhoff 1814-1883 căsătorit Larisa Kovalek 1810-1891
- son Artem Berkhoff 1831-1918 căsătorit Marie Schlossheim 1833-1920
- son Vishy Berkhoff 1833-1917 căsătorit Louisa Vanreyman 1840-1927
- son Maksim Berkhoff 1838-1930 căsătorit Della Ionescu 1838-1925
  Artem Berkhoff 1831-1918 căsătorit Marie Schlossheim 1833-1920
  - daughter Larisa Berkhoff 1861-1936 căsătorit Armin Rhyberg 1856-1937
  Vishy Berkhoff 1833-1917 căsătorit Louisa Vanreyman 1840-1927
  - son Joseph Berkhoff 1861-1962 căsătorit Sara Dragalescu 1875-1963

Connor looked up at Grazie wondering why it stopped in 1963 "What about the rest?" he asked.
Grazie nodded "Maksim Berkhoff and Della Ionescu are the line of consequence" she replied.
"But then why is it not shown here?" Connor asked looking at the document again.
"It is due to the prophecy" Grazie replied, "Trace of lineage was removed to protect them".
"The same prophecy the priest told us about?" Christian questioned looking up from his notepad.
Grazie nodded "Maksim Berkhoff was he the one, the pure blood that is written about?" Connor asked.

She opened the book "Almost. You are beginning to understand. Maksim was close to pure blood and when he married Della Ionescu who also came from an ancient noble family of whole bloodied Romanian ancestry their son became the first combined blood which saw the purity rise. By that time Maksim understood the prophecy they left Romania to protect himself and his family, they went in to hiding. The rest of the Berkhoff family were wiped out and they say it was Kovalek's doing. Maksim and Della gave birth to a son in 1865 called Razvan, he in turn had a son called Sylvan born in 1898 who bore the first physical sign of a pure blood generation in the making. Sylvan died in 1985 with his wife giving birth to two sons, Ilyor Berkhoff in 1963 and Maksim Berkhoff in 1977. Both sons were left in churches on different sides of the world in order to protect them. They grew up out of harms way like any other child would do, new names were given to remain anonymous, both boys knew of the prophecy through discreet channels. Importantly they knew what to do and retain silence to keep themselves safe. It is known that Sylvan's son Maksim bore a stronger pure blood mark, he married Maria O'Connell of Celtic ancestry and they birthed three children. One son is rumoured to be the sole pure blood and bearer of the real mark of a purity. Maksim and his wife understood the significance and what must be done, in daylight they travelled to a different country. Leaving their child behind they headed to a safe haven in the farthest northern reaches where Kovalek could not go" she said closing the book.

Connor thought for a moment "So they had three children. Do you know where they are?" he asked.
"That I do not" Grazie replied, "They had three sons, Maksim, Benedict and Joshua".
"It all seems so farfetched when you hear about it" Connor remarked a little sceptically.
Grazie looked at him "I understand, but you must not doubt what is seen and the prophecy" she warned him.
Connor was trying to keep an open mind "There is no evidence of truth if Kovalek really exists" he said kindly.
"It is incredibly interesting though" Christian said writing, "But yeah" he added brushing it away.
"You believe the gift of a seer even less?" Grazie asked.
"Prove it" Christian replied looking at her, "Still this all seems way to in depth for us".
Grazie looked at Connor "Not at all, it is for a reason you were sent to me" she replied.
It was the way she looked at him that unnerved Connor "What reason is that?" he asked.
Grazie looked up as the front door opened "Ah my son Evan has arrived" she said smiling.

Evan walked in to the dining room of the cottage catching both Connor and Christian's eyes immediately, he stood five feet ten inches, blond hair and emerald green eyes. He was 23 years old and one of five children Grazie had given birth to, what stood out the most was his physique. His height and build was strong and his generous muscle proportion showed just under the sleeve of his t-shirt. Yet his looks were quite soft and loving and they were finding it hard not to stare at him.

"Mamă I hope you bring me here for good reason" Evan said kissing her on both cheeks.
"I do Evan. This is Christian and this young man is Connor" Grazie said.
Evan shook hands with Christian then looked at Connor and his mother "într-adevăr" he said.
"Speak in English please Evan. Yes really!" she exclaimed causing Connor to look at them both.

Evan tentatively held out his right hand and could already feel the energy emitting from Connor. He looked at his mother again then Connor grabbed hold of his hand and Evan rolled his head back gripping hold of Connor hands tightly in return. He could feel a cold heat radiating from Evan's hand before he let go quickly getting freaked out. Evan looked at his mother again and nodded.

"Sit" Grazie said to Evan, "My son is the only male in our ancestry to inherit several gifts from birth" she told them.
"His looks" Christian said mumbling quietly to himself in amusement.
Evan threw Christian a bewitching smile that had him flustered "Yes those as well" he said.
"Evan stop it!" Grazie said telling him off, "I sense you are of kindred spiritual love".
"She means gay" Evan replied smiling at his mother and Christian giggled avoiding eye contact.
"So tell me. What did you just see holding my hand?" Connor asked with a hint of irony.
Evan smirked "You had sex last night, your body is full of torn emotions" he replied.
"Evan has the seer gift of past and present and immediate future" Grazie informed them.
Evan nodded "Mother here has the prophecy gift, to see way into the future" he said.
Connor sat there in silence "What has got in to you?" Christian asked looking worried.
"It frightened you didn't it Connor?" Evan asked, "You saw through and in to my thoughts".
He still sat there in silence "We can help you uncover what you seek" Grazie said, "But you must be prepared".
Christian looked even more sceptical and Grazie noticed "Hold your hand out palm down".
Christian grinned "Are you going to tell me my fortune?" he asked.
Grazie glared at him "I am not a fortune teller, they pretend for money" she said.
"Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you" Christian said apologising profusely.

Grazie nodded to his hand so Christian raised his arm and held it over the table palm down never expecting anything real to come out of this, he gave Connor a cynical look. He was curious to see if this was all a gimmick and a pack of lies, after all he had no idea what his future held. Grazie placed her left palm facing upwards touching Christian’s, her right hand palm down on top and she pressed lightly. Connor was in half a mind to video it, but instead he recorded it on his phone, even he found himself waiting with a little excitement as they delved in to this strange world.

Grazie looked at Christian then softly closed her eyes "You believe less than you speak. You have a mind full of knowledge that you will use to great credit in your life. You do not express identification with Christ's death and resurrection. Your heart will belong to one, it has yet to be reciprocated and forge your binding, and you must open your heart and speak the truth to your chosen one. You will never waiver from your heart’s desire for they will be the one person who can walk through life with you. There will be times when this will be tested, your closeness brings with it a danger yet to be realised. You must be prepared to accept the danger then defend yourself and ultimately him. In daylight without night the reciprocation of your heart’s desire will come and stand in front of you, binding you both" she let go of his hand.

Christian rubbed his hand grinning "That is a lot of riddles" he said feeling how cold his hand now felt.
Grazie looked at him "You must go to the church and be baptised" she said looking serious.
Connor now chuckled thinking it was silly "How did you know I am not baptised?" Christian asked.
"Christ is not in your soul" Grazie said, "The blessing of baptism will help keep you safe, without it you will see darkness".
The look put Christian on edge and he nodded "I will ask the priest" he replied playing alone.
Connor now had a serious look on his face "Okay my turn" he said holding his hand.
Grazie shook her head "No. I cannot read your prophecy. You alone must write it and change what was seen" she replied.
Connor looked upset "Come on you can't scare me like you did with Christian" he said laughing.
"She didn't scare me" Christian retorted looking annoyed.
"To read your future can alter events" Grazie said, "Your future is for you to write, not to be told".
Connor stood up "Really this is gone on far too long, we didn't come here for all this clap trap".
"Sit down" Evan said looking annoyed at him, “You have no idea what you will face” he added.
Connor sat holding his hand out "You read it then" he demanded, "I want real proof you are not playing us" he added.
Grazie looked at her son "Evan can tell you who you are, you may not appreciate what you discover".
"I am adopted" Connor said, "I was found in a church on Christmas day" he added.
Christian put a hand on his shoulder "Don't give too much away" he said smirking, "I want to see what they know".
Evan looked at Connor "Do you wish to uncover your truth?" he asked giving him.
Connor took a moment thinking "There is no turning back, but you will have to know eventually" Evan said.
"Well I do not really have a lot to lose" Connor said smirking like it was a joke.
"I can tell you more" Evan said looking at Connor, "But you have to be prepared and to know all".
Connor suddenly freaked out at the sound of this "I need some air for a moment" he said standing and leaving.
"Go with him" Grazie said to Evan, "If he agrees you need to stand by him" she said to Christian.
Christian looked at Grazie "Right. You are both a bit odd" he said in a hushed tone.
Grazie laughed then looked at him "Having these sort of gifts does you make you slightly odd".
"It is just we have never come across anything like this, or even expected to" Christian replied sitting back in the chair.
"Connor will depend much on you to keep his sanity" Grazie warned him, "For when he knows...".
Christian stopped her "This is all related to him?" he asked, "To this Kovalek vampire?".

He already knew what the answer was and Grazie nodded her head, he did wonder if the strange looks Connor got from the priest and Grazie was the key. It was a look like they had seen him before and why they now found themselves sat in this cottage surrounded by fields of garlic, mirrors and religious symbols. Connor stood outside in the garden, the air filled with the smell of garlic growing all around him. Inside he was feeling a sense of dread and fear. It was the fear of the unknown that caused him to react this way, he never imagined he could be faced with knowing his true identity. Was this all a joke he asked himself, was this the way the locals kept the rumours alive to increase tourism. 

Evan appeared and stood by him "You find this all very strange. A joke I am guessing" he said.
Connor glanced at him "I... Yes of course" he replied, "But then why does it frighten me?" he asked.
"I get it. When I first found my power I literally pissed myself" Evan said smiling, "Seeing peoples lives scared me".
Connor chuckled nervously "It is better for you to know than hide, face it head on" Evan said.
"Evan, can I ask you one question?" Connor asked gazing out over the horizon.
Evan nodded "You can ask one question, but make it the right one" he replied.
Connor let out a anguished moan then looked at him "Why did the priest send us here?".
"Oh. That was not what I was expecting" Evan replied, "Look in your soul and ask yourself that".
Connor looked at him "Enough the mystic crap Evan and answer me" he demanded.
Evan laughed "You know why you were sent here, search in your soul" Evan said softly.
Connor looked at him and found the question "Are the Kovalek and Berkhoff family to do with me?".
"Yes" Evan replied looking slightly sheepish, "I can tell you who your real parents are. Your family line".
Connor looked down at the ground "Me being here was not just random research then?" he asked.
Evan chuckled "Actually it was." he replied, "But my mother knew the pure blood was coming this year".
Connor smirked "Did she tell you that yesterday?" he asked cheekily.
Evan laughed "No, she saw it coming in the year 2000, she knew the pure blood had been born".
"Of course she did" Connor said shaking his head in disbelief, "Hang on I was born in the year 2000" he said.
Evan nodded "You will need our help Connor. We have all waited for you for many years" he said looking at him.
"Help in what? Completing our research?" Connor asked.
Evan picked a bulb of garlic "What faces you is not simple, you must rewrite the prophecy to save us all".
Connor laughed unable to hide his nerves "I will to be at your side Connor" Evan added.
"What lovers?" Connor asked glancing at him.
Evan smirked "No. My grandmother told me that your arrival is my destiny when I was 10" he said.
Connor glanced at him "Has anyone told you before how crazy you sound?" he asked smiling.
"I keep my gift secret. There are three of us assigned to protect you" Evan said, "You are to own your destiny".
Connor looked him in the eye and saw a serious look in him "No going back" Connor said.
"No. You have to know Connor. And by knowing it will keep you safe" Evan told him.
Connor looked at the mirror behind him taking a deep breath "I am ready" he said.

He felt a calmness come over him and wondered if that deep in his soul he understood that the lives of the Kovalek and Berkhoff family were something to do with him. If that was the case and this was not all a load of staging he had to understand and accept that. It didn't stop him from being concerned about how this would burden others around him. Evan returned with Connor following on behind, when he looked at Christian he noticed a worried and anxious look on his face like he already had some idea. Connor now understood that Christian could be in danger if he denied the truth any longer.

Connor sat down "Evan, tell me things from my childhood that no one knows" he demanded.
Evan nodded "Of course. You are testing my powers, I understand" he said, "Hand, palm up for the past".

Connor did as he was told and Christian began recording as Evan took hold of his hand. "Confusion reigned from the eyes looking down at you on the day celebrating the birth of Christ. For twelve months passed before you were adopted and blessed on the exact day and place where you were found. A benefactor left the book on the doorstep to an old manor house with instruction. An educator added the book to his room of literature and inside my ancestors hand writing telling of Travenni" he said, Evan stopped speaking looking at Connor who strangely knew that he was to nod his head for him to continue. Evan smiled and closed his hands tighter around his and closed his eyes "A pretty village divided by a stream. A stream where you play during the long days, you hold a net and a jar, laughing with your friend. Not just any friend, he is one who you grow with and remain close to this day. An older man sits on the bridge talking to you then disappears back to the crumbling walls around his mansion. A frost covered field with a wood of ancient trees, your friend falls from a height, a snapping branch. His leg separates and you carry him to your home and stay close every day until he leaves hospital. A bond that is as strong now as the day you met, to him you are his brother he never had and he loves you from his heart" Evan quickly removed his hand with an angry look having felt his intrusion into his head again. He knew this was enough information for Connor to believe him. Connor sat there looking at Evan, during their connection something strange had happened and he couldn't explain it.

"Well?" Christian asked looking at him and his bizarre look.
Connor looked at him "James, my friend broke his leg when he was eleven years old" he said quietly shocked.
He looked around the room "Maksim and Maria Berkhoff are my parents" Connor said trembling.
Christian reached over and held his hand "Are you alright Con?" he asked squeezing it seeing the frightened look on his face.
"How did you work that out?" Grazie asked leaning forward.
Evan held his mother's arm "He read it from me" he replied.
Connor calmed down and looked at Evan "I am sorry Evan, what happened?" he asked looking nervous.
"Our connection grew strong and trusting" Evan replied, "If that happens I can not stop you reading me".
Grazie sat back and smiled "Don't worry Connor it happens when a strong bond is formed linking minds together".
Evan watched as his mother opened her small book "Give me your left foot please Connor" Evan said.

Connor nodded knowing what they wanted to see, he took his trainer and sock off and lifted his foot. Evan looked at it tracing his finger around the mark resulting in Connor giggling. Grazie showed Connor the drawing of the lotus flower of purity. Connor nodded and Christian sat there stunned in to disbelief at what was unfolding around him.

"It is the mark of the one, the pure blood Connor" Evan said telling him what he had figured out.
"I knew when I saw you walking towards my house" Grazie said in a quite tone, "You have Kovalek genes".
Christian looked at her "That is why you checked the mirror. For his reflection?" he asked.
She nodded putting a small portrait on the table "Hell that man looks like you" Christian said.
Connor looked carefully at it then up at them "Gregor Kovalek" he said and they nodded.

Connor stared at it again and he knew straight away the portrait was of Gregor Kovalek. Christian unable to speak kept looking between the portrait and Connor, the same black hair and facial features, only the eyes looked slightly different, in the portrait Gregor's were a cold icy blue almost white, where Connor's were more of a piercing blue yet sparkly bright. Christian couldn't stop looking at the portrait and Connor as a shiver ran up his spine knowing this real yet quite surreal to see.

"Do you now believe our ancestor’s prophecy saw the light and coming?" Grazie asked.
Both lads nodded "Is Gregor Kovalek alive so to speak?" Connor asked in a confused manner.
"He lives in the darkness, a shadow. Yes we believe he still exists" Grazie replied.
Christian nodded "Garlic growing all around your house, mirrors" he explained.
"Are you ready?" Evan asked looking at Connor who nodded, "No reading me this time!" he warned.
"I do not know how to control it when it happens" Connor explained.

Evan smiled and Connor was already feeling an incredible bond with Evan for some reason, he took Connor's hand and held it tightly, immediately Evan flinched "Born to the family of Avram Berkhoff and Larisa Kovalek through Maksim and Della Berkhoff and their child Maksim born in 1977 who married Maria. A son born in 1999 of Joshua name, a son born in 2002 of Benedict name. In the year of a new century 2000 a son was born bearing the name Maksim, he bares the strongest sign and is of the purest blood. Maria travelled alone and left her son in the church, heartbroken but she knew of the prophecy and the importance to keep their son safe. She waited until her son was taken by a family to be their own" he suddenly stopped and looked at both the lads and his mother who nodded at him to continue, "Maksim received Christ's blessing exactly one year to the day of finding and given the name Connor Barton. Your identity kept secret to protect those around you" he stopped looking at Connor, "Turn your palm to face down" he said. Connor did so and Evan held his hand again "The last rising of the moon Gregor Kovalek sensed a change in the air around the village of Vladeni. He smelt the scent of a pure blood close and your presence here is already known to Gregor Kovalek. In the last eve on sacred ground an act of copulation with a young man took place. Kovalek visited the pure blood seeking confirmation, he then waited and took the young man... Jacob. He now holds him in Vadimov, he waits for the cleansing of his blood. His saviour was his tainted blood yet he is not safe, with the second darkness ahead he will be the next victim. Kovalek will be on the move, he must remain close to the pure blood, he will wait patiently until they present willingly to offer their blood in sacrifice for those close. Your hearts desire is not safe whilst he waits. A journey to the land of daylight brings relief for perpetual daylight in the land where he cannot survive. He will never be far away, waiting, watching, destroying the lives of anyone who dare to get or deems to be close. The pure blood belongs to Kovalek, his birth and destiny brings them together." he let go of his hand.

In the room a weird silence now prevailed as Evan and his mother watched Connor and Christian taking in everything that had been said. Christian was the one being torn up inside, dread and fear running through his body as he looked at Connor.

"Is Connor going to die?" Christian asked with his eye watering.
Evan looked at Christian shaking his head "Connor will not die. But those close are not safe" he replied.
"The young man, Jacob is he alright?" Connor asked like he was understanding everything.
"No" Grazie replied, "In 48 hours, at the second darkness Kovalek will take his life".
"Is this the guy you had sex with last night?" Christian asked looking at him and Connor nodded.
"How do we stop him taking Jacob?" Connor asked, "This is my fault he is there".
"That is why I am here" Evan said looking at him, "We knew this day was coming".
"But you will be in danger" Connor replied, "No I can't put anyone else in danger" he stated.
"That is too late" Grazie replied, "Anyone close to you is in danger now he knows you are here".
Christian sat there with his mouth open "Me?" he asked and Grazie nodded.
"You will be in danger, stick by him and never leave" Grazie said kindly, "He needs you".
Christian now looked worried "How would he or we be free of him?" Connor asked.
"Find that out at the island where daylight persists" Grazie said watching Connor.
"Please stop talking in riddles and tell us" Christian insisted leaning on the table.
"You both need to go to Svalbard and seek Johan and Ingrid Ulvan" she told him.
"Svalbard, land of the midnight sun" Christian said, "The sun does not set until late August or September".
"Keep this in your head and do not write it down" Grazie added making sure they understood.
Grazie's look told them she was serious "You must rescue him" she said to Evan.
"We must go in daylight to Vadimov, free the young man" Evan said sending a text message.

Evan explained that for nearly eighty years preparations were made and tweaked for the coming of the pure blood. A sacred society of the Romanian church in Bram where he lived, when started it consisted of a dozen or so members and as years passed with no coming it dwindled down to five members. The society made up of devoted religious people to assist the pure blood when their presence came. Christian was recording all of this since Evan had told him that Kovalek would not know how to use technology so it would be safe. Connor didn't like the idea of more people being in danger but he also knew there was no point in arguing.

"Well Connor, I guess you are stuck with nerdy now" Christian said causing Connor to smile.
"And me!" Evan added as a momentary silence took over the room knowing this was happening.
Connor looked at them all "Last night, he came to me after I left Jacob" he confessed.
"How do you know?" Christian asked looking at him.
"I felt a presence close to me, a shadow in the corner of my eye" Connor explained, "He was there but I could see him".
Evan looked at his mother "His appearance already is worrying" Grazie said.
"Yes" Evan said agreeing, "It is important you both protect yourselves".
Connor looked at Evan holding his hand out "Tell me the future ahead" he almost demanded.

Grazie nodded to her son and he took hold of Connor's hand placing it between his "He cannot take a pure blood. He will torment until the pure blood weakens and comes willingly to end the destruction of lives surrounding him. Over liturgical calendar years he will destroy all those around the pure blood until it only is he who stands alone and bows to Kovalek. He will be brave and present himself within two moons rising for those who know the pure blood will know of Kovalek. The pure blood will free him from the darkness. From out of the darkness in to daylight his continued existence casts a darkened and foreboding shadow across the land" he let go of his hand.

Connor was in no doubt "It scares me" he said nervously, "Is that how it ends?" he asked.
Evan looked at him "That is really undefined. Connor, only you can define the outcome".
"It is what is seen with no knowledge" Grazie said, "Now you know, you can change it" she confirmed.

Connor was beside himself with worry now, all these revelations had confused his head and he wanted to leave. He wanted go back and never have come here, he knew that would have made no difference and he would be less informed. At least he knew that last night he was not imagining things and he had been close to Gregor. It was all too much right now and his head was jumbled up unable to think clearly, excusing himself he stepped outside and sat on the porch bench looking out over the fields of garlic. Even Christian had to admit the unbelievable was now believable, filled with dread and excitement the way things had unfolded that afternoon. He looked between Grazie and Evan, their looks were quite solemn and he excused himself and went out to join Connor.

Christian sat beside him "Some research trip" he said softly, "How are you Connor?" he asked.
Connor sighed "Like my whole world and existence has imploded" he replied looking anxious.
He looked at Connor "What was it like. When you read his thoughts?" he now asked curiously.
"I didn't know I was doing it" Connor said, "I had images flashing in my head".
Christian nodded "What happens now?" he asked thinking Connor had the answers.
He shrugged "Is it best you leave, I mean I don't want to put you in danger?" he replied.
"And Where would I go?" Christian asked looking upset, "We both started this together...".
"No stop Christian" Connor interrupted him, "You need to keep safe" he said looking at him.
"Then it is settled" Christian said forcefully, "I stick by you it is the only way I can be safe or he will hunt me down".
Connor looked at Christian like he was being rash "He knows I am close to you" Christian added.

He nodded in admiration at Christian and his determination never to leave, the element of danger appeared accepted by them both. He finally knew his true identity even if he hadn't come here to find it. Pieces of the puzzle were falling in place, the mark on his sole of his foot, why he was left in a church. One piece still was left incomplete yet he knew that would be found soon enough. Grazie and Evan appeared on the porch. 

"Darkness will fall soon" Grazie said, "Tomorrow you must rescue him" she added.
"I will call for you at 10am" Evan said, "Do not leave the guest house at all" he warned them.
They nodded understanding their instruction "Wear the crucifix the priest gave you" she said to them both.
"Understood" Christian replied packing the bottles of garlic oil she had given him.

There was an uneasy silence as they walked back to the village, neither really knew what to say to each other. Christian was clearly uncomfortable and kept looking behind him at every noise he heard, constantly dabbing the garlic oil on his neck and holding his crucifix. There was a rush in their step to get back before the sun dipped below the horizon.

• Like 11