Smoking And Hiv

TigerMilner

Whorepig, your double entendres are killing me!!  LOL.

TigerMilner, you are a hottie. Even hotter now that you quit. I stopped 15 years ago, two weeks prior to Easter. I was a four pack a-day smoker. I smoked the last one in the pack/carton and have never had another one since.  However, since diagnosis, and recovery, I have found an appreciation for the natural herb coloquially refered to as '420'. :cool:

• Upvote 1

ZonovX my double entendres were not meant to kill anyone, you may have had a higher learning to use such big words but they really are not necessary on a sex site. An addiction is something serious, in my opinion at least and I took it as such, stopping cold turkey never having had the appreciation for the natural herb colloquially refered to as '420' so stick that in your double entendres and smoke it.........LOL

• 3 weeks later...

Third month finished and into my fourth. Still have cravings but for the most part it is not too bad. I think I will always have the cravings as I do for many things but you just tell yourself , keep moving forward, so hanging in there.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

ZonovX my double entendres were not meant to kill anyone, you may have had a higher learning to use such big words but they really are not necessary on a sex site. An addiction is something serious, in my opinion at least and I took it as such, stopping cold turkey never having had the appreciation for the natural herb colloquially refered to as '420' so stick that in your double entendres and smoke it.........LOL

Ok, I think my higher learning has done gone and let me.  I didnt understand a word of this. LOL  :P

Really pleased for the guys who have quit - Tiger, at six months, I reckon you can start saying you're an ex-smoker.

Not the same thing, I know, as nicotine is more addictive, but I'm quitting too, except for me it's alcohol. Haven't had a drink since 1 January this year. Although I've alluded to it occasionally, I'm being upfront about it now. There's eight cans of beer and a can of cider sitting in my kitchen, left overs from last year. I forget that they're there even though they're right next to the sugar free soft drinks I get through so much of. I've passed what I consider three major tests: a  two day residential business meeting for the charity I volunteer for where the evenings were boozey, a weekend retreat for PwHIV where the bar stays open as long as someone's drinking (I ran them out of diet Pepsi) and a fuckbuddy staying who got through a bottle of vodka while I stayed on soft drinks.

I've saved enough money to order a new bed (the old one collapsed under the weight of a very horny bear - kinda ruined the moment!).

Really pleased for the guys who have quit - Tiger, at six months, I reckon you can start saying you're an ex-smoker.

Not the same thing, I know, as nicotine is more addictive, but I'm quitting too, except for me it's alcohol. Haven't had a drink since 1 January this year. Although I've alluded to it occasionally, I'm being upfront about it now. There's eight cans of beer and a can of cider sitting in my kitchen, left overs from last year. I forget that they're there even though they're right next to the sugar free soft drinks I get through so much of. I've passed what I consider three major tests: a  two day residential business meeting for the charity I volunteer for where the evenings were boozey, a weekend retreat for PwHIV where the bar stays open as long as someone's drinking (I ran them out of diet Pepsi) and a fuckbuddy staying who got through a bottle of vodka while I stayed on soft drinks.

I've saved enough money to order a new bed (the old one collapsed under the weight of a very horny bear - kinda ruined the moment!).

Good for you Bearbandit.  Now that you have posted it, you are committed to it. I understand that. There were a few times (including last friday night when partying) when I thought about "just one won't hurt" but I didn't want to have to post that I failed. Especially two days before my six month anniversary. The accountantability does help. Keep it up. I'll do the same.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Five months tomorrow as a non smoker, it feels really good, hope your hanging in there Tiger , the money I saved paid for new glasses and a new computer, the benefits of non smoking certainly out weigh those of being a smoker, no judgment here, just saying.  Congrats to you as well bearbandit, keep up the good work.

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Seven months yesterday, been under a lot of stress lately, almost caught myself walking to the corner store to buy that pack of cigarettes I was craving. The cravings are getting fewer but much stronger, but hanging in there

• Upvote 1