Why Does Grindr Suck Here?

gngbngslut

• 3 weeks later...

>> I'd be a cumslut for you, just a pity your the other side of london

I'm not being critical of the OP, but this is typical of the sort of thing that makes Grindr, Recon etc so bad: people just don't want to travel - or use it as an excuse to be non-committal - or a passive-aggressive way of saying "no".  

I live in the shires, just outside London - on a bad day my nearest Grindr guy can be 3-5 miles away. I realise that to get what I want I might have to travel (usually into London), so I don't mind travelling (sometimes 100's of miles) to get what I want, but some guys won't even talk to you because you're more than a half a mile away. I'm not sure how you change that behaviour but I think it's part of the instant gratification culture we live in.

I find the saunas, clubs and bars much more successful places to hook up - it's just a shame so many have closed as things like Grindr have come in.  

• Upvote 2

I'm not being critical of the OP, but this is typical of the sort of thing that makes Grindr, Recon etc so bad: people just don't want to travel - or use it as an excuse to be non-committal - or a passive-aggressive way of saying "no".  

It's not the distance that concerns me but the time it takes to travel that distance. I travel 20 miles to my job in East London every day which can take me 1.5 hours. For me to get to nw1 (Camden) would take me a good 2.5 to 3.5 hours so that would be a 7 hour round trip most of which would be sitting in traffic ques. London driving is exhausting even thought I do it for 14 hours a day 4 days a week, maybe even more reason I want to do less traveling on my days off

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Grindr and most web/apps are pure shite. Most don't respond ( which pisses me off, just say no thanks, politeness costs nothing) or you get the lead on and they say yes yes yes until you ask for an address and then they don't respond and block you. Best to go to a club or sauna for fun these days. Almost guaranteed you'll get something.

• Upvote 1

• 10 months later...

my grindr keeps saying it cant find my location......tried changing settings and everything but still doesnt work and wont let me see who is online but folk can send me messages ...............dont know how to fix the problem so am hoping one of you can......i have a samsung galaxy tab4........when i first used grindr it worked perfect for about 2 days then played up....advice appreciated if anyone can help - thanks

Guest SBBOY

Grindr is mostly flaky guys that are only into chatting. I don't use it anymore

Scruff I've found has been good but thats mostly when i've been in other cities. Cruising clubs/saunas will be your best bet (although as you say it gets expensive)

Other option is to head into central London, near areas with lots of hotels. Switch on grindr and you'll probably find guys in their hotel rooms ready to fuck there and then

my grindr keeps saying it cant find my location......

Try opening Google Maps (or similar app where you can confirm that your tab knows your location), give it a moment and then try opening Grindr. I've only seen that isue a couple of times but it might help.

But really, good luck -- as with most others posting here I found it a pretty poor experience, especially compared to actual real cruising.

Try opening Google Maps (or similar app where you can confirm that your tab knows your location), give it a moment and then try opening Grindr. I've only seen that isue a couple of times but it might help.

But really, good luck -- as with most others posting here I found it a pretty poor experience, especially compared to actual real cruising.

i think you should come up to scotland for a weekend and sort it out for me ;) ....... maybe fix grindr too lol.

i will try the google maps thing and if no luck i will delete grindr and start all over again.......just puzzled why it would work for 48 hrs then go tits up on me - especially when im a technophobe.

• Upvote 1