Corona Virus

Guest ff-whole

No it hasn’t and I can’t imagine why it would (unless you were planning an orgy with more than 500 attendees; the common threshold for restrictions on mass gatherings in Australia, the UK, Italy, Spain, etc) 😛

My sex life has improved recently but nowhere near by that much!😢

Real-time update: The March CumUnion in Indianapolis was a ghost town. Attendance compared to previous events was sparse. Part of this may also have to do with the fact that it snowed all day, but it didn’t cause any serious travel issues.

Could be a fuckless few weeks...

I have planned a fun vacation to Gran Canaria at the end of May. Considering the developments in Spain it might be that trip is up in the air. Still 10 weeks to go so everything is possible but it doesn't look good at the moment. More and more countries in Europe are banning all travel. 

20 hours ago, Britnonchaser said:

I could give it to an old person just by going to the store. So why shouldn't I keep fucking? 

Working in a hotel where we serve international business flyers, so I'd be amazed if I haven't picked it up. I've been sneezing a few times over the last 5 days... but then who doesn't sneeze every so often?

Think and act carefully (stay at home as much as possible, wash often and carefully your hands, stay at least 1 meter from other people):

[think before following links] https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/coronavirus-uk-doctor-nhs-hospital-symptoms-italy-china-a9397736.html

I just got an email from Leather & Fetish Pride Belgium, a party that I've attended in the past. It recently took place March 4-9 in Antwerp. According to the organisers, roughly 20% of those who had registered before the coronavirus outbreak canceled their participation. However, what really caught my attention is that they said 5 people who had attended the event have now reported that they contracted the coronavirus. They also said these were the cases they know of and that there are probably more cases.

I was reading an article in the New York Times that said an infected person can spread the virus 6 feet by simply breathing, talking, coughing or sneezing. So I'm imagining all of the people who could now be carriers from just this one party. Given that the party ended just 6 days ago, that's enough of an incubation period to be showing real signs of illness.

• Upvote 1

"Researchers have detected COVID-19 viral RNA and live virus in specimens other than nose-throat swabs and sputum samples, raising the possibility that the disease may spread through additional routes.... The findings imply that the coronavirus may be transmitted through feces and invade the circulatory system, the researchers said. "A small percentage of blood samples had positive PCR test results, suggesting that infection sometimes may be systemic," they wrote. "Transmission of the virus by respiratory and extrarespiratory routes may help explain the rapid spread of disease."

[think before following links] http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2020/03/study-covid-19-may-spread-several-different-ways

I’m surprised by how many people seem to be taking measures to try to avoid it altogether:  it seems now that it can’t be contained, so isn’t it inevitable that MOST of us are going to get it at some point in the next year?  We can’t all stay in lockdown forever, either on an individual basis, or a societal one.  At some point we’re all going to have to put our heads back over the parapet, and guess what?  The virus will still be there waiting for us.

Of course, I understand the argument about slowing down its spread, so that healthcare systems won’t be overburdened by a spike in caseload- but perhaps the most responsible course of action if you are young(ish) and healthy is to 1) accept that you will get it at some point, 2) try to spread it to as few people as possible when you do get it, 3) once you’re over it help those who are most vulnerable.

Yes, before anyone jumps down my throat, I do accept that even young healthy people carry some small risk of developing complications, but all life involves risk, as any cyclist in London will tell you.  If enough of us catch it, clear it and develop some degree of immunity to it, then perhaps collectively we can become a barrier to future transmission- and that might be the best way to protect our elderly and vulnerable.

And from a purely selfish point of view, maybe it’s better to get it over with early  in the epidemic, while there is still capacity in the hospital system should any complications arise...

Edited by Spunkinmyarse
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Spunkinmyarse said:

I’m surprised by how many people seem to be taking measures to try to avoid it altogether:  it seems now that it can’t be contained, so isn’t it inevitable that MOST of us are going to get it at some point in the next year?  We can’t all stay in lockdown forever, either on an individual basis, or a societal one.  At some point we’re all going to have to put our heads back over the parapet, and guess what?  The virus will still be there waiting for us.

Of course, I understand the argument about slowing down its spread, so that healthcare systems won’t be overburdened by a spike in caseload- but perhaps the most responsible course of action if you are young(ish) and healthy is to 1) accept that you will get it at some point, 2) try to spread it to as few people as possible when you do get it, 3) once you’re over it help those who are most vulnerable.

Yes, before anyone jumps down my throat, I do accept that even young healthy people carry some small risk of developing complications, but all life involves risk, as any cyclist in London will tell you.  If enough of us catch it, clear it and develop some degree of immunity to it, then perhaps collectively we can become a barrier to future transmission- and that might be the best way to protect our elderly and vulnerable.

And from a purely selfish point of view, maybe it’s better to get it over with early  in the epidemic, while there is still capacity in the hospital system should any complications arise...

Yea... that is a selfish point of view.  The "curve" has to be lowered. Here in Fort Lauderdale, they closed the beaches today and I jut heard that the bathhouse is closing for the remainder of March.