Don't Be A Gay COVIDiot!

rawTOP

They walk among us.  Sigh.  

Like a lot of the others here, I too have been contacted by a few horny fools.  I explain that I had prostate cancer a number of years ago and some lung issues + asthma and thanks... but horny as I am .... not worth the risk.  My regular FB's and I have gotten creative with some on-line banter, sexting and even some fantasy video chatting with 'masks' for role play and discretion.  It isn't the same.  It will likely never be the same.  Our world has had a reality check.

I see a lot of responsible folks here.  Kudos.   

This guy? A special, selfish kind of stupid.  Karma deals with these guys.

I DID laugh at the ICU pic tho... seriously dude.  MOST patients in ICU are not in a position to take selfies. Gawdddddd.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

What an idiot.  I survived the 80's with HIV when so many of my friends died.   13 funerals in 1 year and I'm not looking for a repeat of that time.   I don't know how old this asshole is and maybe he didn't live through that time  but that's no excuse for not being aware and putting not only himself at risk but others. 

And I want to point out his playmates are as just as irresponsible as he is 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, rawTOP said:

It's gonna be a long time (probably years) before we're back to where we were before with big sex parties and crowded bathhouses.

It's not gonna be years. Once you get COVID you're REALLY unlikely to get it again. It spreads so fast--it's a double edged sword. It means that limits on our healthcare are being pushed to their limits (or past), but it also means we're RACING towards the day when most people will have gotten COVID and gotten better. They aren't infectious. That means that there'll be a tipping point where most people will have had COVID. It'll be hard to find someone who could be infectious because they hadn't gotten COVID before. As more and more people recover, it'll get less and less likely that you'll run into someone who's infectious. In other words, we're quickly developing herd immunity--precisely because the virus moves so quickly. The guys that get COVID and recover will be like, "oh hey, well, I'm not a threat to anybody. Better get back at it." They'll probably be first to pick back up with the lifestyle. It spreads so fast--I can't imagine that it'll take years. Just my own humble opinion. 

Edited by Princealbert69

Guest FrenchCanadian

Wow. That’s on a whole other level of stupidity.

I live in the Province of Quebec (Canada). There are barely 8 cases in my county, healthcare is free and we have enough medical equipment. And yet, everybody is afraid of eachother. No one would dare to hook up!!

I’m sending lots of positive vibes to all my fellow barebackers south of the border. Dont put yourself or others in danger, and dont get discouraged! Things will get back to normal 🙂

I'd like to start this rather lengthy post with an apology for any measure of vitriol I did not catch prior to posting it.

And to those moderating this forum, please let me know if you would like me to edit or delete this entry.

---

My job is tied to provider and caregiver EMR support - flagging documentation, finding and reading test results, helping to place/correct/resolve orders, and so forth. 

I have friends and co-workers on the front line in over-capacity ERs and packed Immediate Care facilities. Some of my team may well be called back into a nursing or provider role. I am neither a clinician nor a licensed counselor, but I'm am SME for both impatient and outpatient medication integration, and I have been through - and currently use - our caregiver emotional support training.

And, truth to tell, it hurts that we're unable to hug one another for comfort. My soul aches every time another person I know comes down with it. I cry with them when they say they haven't been able to be in the same house as their children since this started.

As for me, I spent a week and a half with all the symptoms, but they weren't quite bad enough to push for the test. Close, yes: F 100° fever, dry cough, difficulty breathing, grinding fatigue ... but I didn't want to have them use a test on me unless I went further downhill, because I know all too well just how short the supplies of everything are.

And yes, I'm an unrepentant, voracious bottom, but I refuse to risk myself or those I care for just because I want that intimate level of human contact, regardless of whether it's wholesome or some hole.

Then I read stories like this, and I find myself suffused with an incandescent rage. His actions - both in and out of hospital - speak to a level of unconcern I find staggering. And to me it doesn't matter that it's tied to his sexual activities: what matters is that he chose to risk not only his own health, but that he treated the health of those around him in such a cavalier manner, and exhibited what I find to be an appalling level of disrespect to his caregivers. 

@rawTOP,  thank you for posting this, and to all those taking care of themselves, thinking about what's best for you and those around you, and reaching out to take care of others, mere words cannot express my respect and appreciation for what you're wiiling to do to work towards ending this nightmare.

Edited by rawloadstaken
Removing duplicate words
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

To be clear--I'm not suggesting being irresponsible. Social distance. Wash your hands. Wear a mask. You never know how it'll go for YOU. Could be nothing. Could be death. For now--just gotta try to relieve medical capacity and try to be last. Hopefully by then, you can enjoy the fruits of herd immunity and treatment options that might roll out. 

Just saying--this is self limiting. 

2 hours ago, Princealbert69 said:

It's not gonna be years. Once you get COVID you're REALLY unlikely to get it again. It spreads so fast--it's a double edged sword. It means that limits on our healthcare are being pushed to their limits (or past), but it also means we're RACING towards the day when most people will have gotten COVID and gotten better. They aren't infectious. That means that there'll be a tipping point where most people will have had COVID. It'll be hard to find someone who could be infectious because they hadn't gotten COVID before. As more and more people recover, it'll get less and less likely that you'll run into someone who's infectious. In other words, we're quickly developing herd immunity--precisely because the virus moves so quickly. The guys that get COVID and recover will be like, "oh hey, well, I'm not a threat to anybody. Better get back at it." They'll probably be first to pick back up with the lifestyle. It spreads so fast--I can't imagine that it'll take years. Just my own humble opinion. 

No, it’s going to be a while. The virus is here to stay - it’s just a question of how long is actually required to build a “herd immunity” that infuses the preponderance of the population without killing them. That isn’t going to happen before the 12 to 18 months projected for a vaccine (if that ambitious goal is even possible).

I can imagine, in the meantime, a temptation among those who have already been infected and survived to hook up with one another on the premise that they can’t reinfect one another - much as many poz men are not as concerned about someone else’s status. But this overlooks the fact that virus can still be transferred from person to person, and then get taken home to people who haven’t been previously exposed.

I survived getting H1N1 in 2009, and survived getting AIDS in 2014. This shit has to be taken seriously, and we have to be ready to be in it for the long haul. A vaccine will come, and we will beat this, but let’s not be under any illusions about a speedy end to the ordeal. (No matter what some imbecile in a non-square office may say.)

• Like 1

Sorry just saw the first post and not all answers. Yes this guy is very stupid. But may i ask: whats the difference to the ones that are „bugchasers“ or proud to spread HIV like many here in this community? For me this behaviour is about the same degree of stupidity. Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Bi-Bottom

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Princealbert69 said:

It's not gonna be years. Once you get COVID you're REALLY unlikely to get it again. It spreads so fast--it's a double edged sword. It means that limits on our healthcare are being pushed to their limits (or past), but it also means we're RACING towards the day when most people will have gotten COVID and gotten better. They aren't infectious. That means that there'll be a tipping point where most people will have had COVID. It'll be hard to find someone who could be infectious because they hadn't gotten COVID before. As more and more people recover, it'll get less and less likely that you'll run into someone who's infectious. In other words, we're quickly developing herd immunity--precisely because the virus moves so quickly. 

Somebody is an optimist. Which, right now, isn’t a bad thing, but…

NY State is clearly an epicenter. We have 82,000 infections with a population of 20 million (with some of the highest per capita testing in the world). That’s just less than 1/2 of 1 percent. You need >60% for herd immunity. Even if you say we missed half the cases, that’s still just 1%.

We’re not racing toward herd immunity. Instead we flattened the curve. It’s gonna  be years before we’re back to where we are unless someone figures out a decent treatment (or vaccine). 🤞

• Administrators
52 minutes ago, Bi-Bottom said:

Sorry just saw the first post and not all answers. Yes this guy is very stupid. But may i ask: whats the difference to the ones that are „bugchasers“ or proud to spread HIV like many here in this community? For me this behaviour is about the same degree of stupidity. Just my 2 cents.

Bug chasers (and gift givers) never created a strain on the healthcare system like what we see now. With the advent of ARVs (1996) they weren’t really even risking death if the go on meds within +/- 2 years of infection. And with the advent of PrEP (~2013) they can’t even infect people who are responsible and take care of their own health. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, TwinkFoot said:

Where did you see me slut shame anybody? Confused. 

I did not say you did. I was referring to your example that there are plenty of other kinds of idiocy. My point was exactly that one should be allowed to point out the idiocy while at the same time not passing moral judgement. 

I have seen some guys in the last weeks who just seemed to have been waiting for the chance to finally be on the "right" side of a societal mob mentality directed against "dirty whores". Mine was a general observation that guys like these are "covidiots" not because they are sex-crazed lunatics, but because of their nasty attitude, the same kind of nasty attitude one can find in grocery stores as well. 

1 hour ago, rawTOP said:

Bug chasers (and gift givers) never created a strain on the healthcare system like what we see now. With the advent of ARVs (1996) they weren’t really even risking death if the go on meds within +/- 2 years of infection. And with the advent of PrEP (~2013) they can’t even infect people who are responsible and take care of their own health. 

I could never understand bug chasing and the triumph getting HIV, and I don’t agree with this goals but there is a huge difference between that kind of bug chasing and Covid. As @rawTOP stated a patient with STDs is playing only with his own life. So, I totally agree with him. If anybody is playing with somebody without protection and he only hope not to get any infection it is his own decision. 
But in the case of Coronavirus you hardly can know whether you are infectious. You can infect many others who are in the same place with you. Not a in a cruising bar or sauna but pharmacy, grocery or just on the street. Furthermore the Person infected with Coronavirus and all the others who catch it from him are a potential danger to the healthcare system. So, this is the difference. 

Edited by bareback-flipflop
  • Upvote 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, rawTOP said:

NY State is clearly an epicenter. We have 82,000 infections with a population of 20 million (with some of the highest per capita testing in the world). That’s just less than 1/2 of 1 percent. You need >60% for herd immunity. Even if you say we missed half the cases, that’s still just 1%.

Gothamist has really great breakdowns per 100,000 population. Currently about 0.65% of Manhattanites are infected. That goes up to about 1.15% of people in Queens. On a per capita basis Rockland County is up to 2% but only because the Hasidim (ultra orthodox Jews) refused to alter their behaviors to flatten the curve. They might achieve herd immunity, but it's not going to help anyone else given how insular they are.

Even if you assume that a lot of people who have it haven't been tested and hence aren't counted and you double those numbers, you're only up to ~1% in Manhattan and a max of ~2% elsewhere in NYC – nowhere near the 60% you need for herd immunity. Even if you say the numbers will triple again during the next few months you're only up to 3 and 6%.

"Flattening the curve" means the problem will go on for a very long time (until there's a decent treatment or vaccine). But the alternative where you shoot for herd immunity means millions of deaths and our entire way of life collapses.

I have a friend who calls himself an "ethical slut" – that's an approach we should embrace. We need to start thinking through what comes next – how we can still be sluts without  creating chaos in the society around us.