Covid Vaccination, are you?

DarkroomTaker

I have had Covid, I ended up in hospital with Pneumonia and Blood clots on my lungs as a result of the infection, this was back in April and I still have coughing fits and shortness of breath now.  I may be HIV Positive but I am undetectable and was relatively healthy.  This can hit anyone at anytime.  Should the option arise I will be taking the vaccine.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/25/2020 at 7:02 PM, Truversebb said:

Full protection a week after the second shot! Patience fellow pigs!

No they dont know if it works right and even they dont know if it works a long time 

Some say it works for the mutation and others say it wont 

One thing is for sure , we have to go on with the covid rules for another year or so

I’ve registered for the vaccine. Do I have doubts or am I a bit anxious for the possible side effects? Yes for sure. However, I am fed up with the pandemic and all of its consequences. I want to get back my previous life with cruising bars, saunas, travelling, flying, etc. I don’t want the fear because I participated in an orgy but I have to contact other people in my life like old friends or friends with other serious but itself not dangerous illnesses. I’m a responsible person and I have to think the part of my life besides my private life. Taking Prep, I don’t care about STIs. It’s my business. But must take care the people who don’t have choice in contacting me and became sick because of my careless promiscuous life style. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I’ll get it when it’s available for me, which, given our provincial government’s distribution plan, probably won’t be until late spring/early summer 2021. Despite having a number of high-risk comorbidities, the government wants to inoculate people living in group situations (after health workers and long term care patients) before jabbing those of us that live mostly alone. 

It makes sense, and gives me six or more months to see what kind of adverse reactions and effects (if any) turn up. Plus, I don’t have to go into the office yet for my new job, which would be very awkward after working from home in my last job for 13 years!

Guest rookie6969

I was part of the Pfizer vaccine study.  Received both shots back in the summer.  Only side effects I had were a very tender arm at the injection site for a few days.  Recently got an antibody test, which came up positive so I either got the actual vaccine (not placebo) or was infected with covid before the I got the vaccine.  There will always be a small percentage of people with severe side effects from vaccines, but the vaccine has proven to be safe for the overwhelming percentage of people.  While we don't know the long term effects of the vaccine yet, we do know some of the long term effects of the virus on people who have gotten sick, and we have seen the long term effects the virus has had on our economy and society. 

• Moderators
21 hours ago, RawPlug said:

If people don’t wish to have the vaccine, fine. I have my own thoughts on whether it should be mandatory but accept that it probably won’t be in most countries. But anyone refusing to take it should be shunted to the back of the healthcare queue and prevented from travelling or returning to work until they do in my book. And I can’t help thinking that we’d still be knee-deep in smallpox if Facebook had been around for the foil hatters to spout their nonsense on before that was eradicated. 

Also, they would probably be barred from attending public school and universities. It's that way for a number of diseases now. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Also drscorpio...they will be blocked from travelling overseas. Most desirable countries will require evidence of vaccination to enter. As I only have one kidney (cancer) I will be getting it as soon as it's available locally. Some reports that I have seen mention it will be like the annual flu shot - required to be taken annually. The chinese have much to answer for! 

• Like 1

i get my first shot on Wednesday at the end of my shift.  Most of the nurses i work with at the hospital post their reaction to the vaccine on FB, so far no one i work with has had any severe response, most just a sore arm that resolves in <24 hours.  Some fatigue, but hey, we are nurses working 13 hour shifts in a stressful environment, fatigue comes with the job lol.

• Like 2

I will take it immediately as soon as it will ne offered to me. They began 2 days ago here in Germany. First the old people and the nurses and doctors in the hospitals get it. My doc said that it is still not decided if people with HIV are considered as a risk group. Also I'm not young any more and work in a food market and meet hundreds of customers every day. But I guess I will have to wait months until it's my turn. My doc said he will inform all his patients as soon as he knows more.

• Moderators
On 12/21/2020 at 12:04 PM, bbzh said:

I was on an off-the-record teleconference with a well-respected epidemiologist ... She is ok with people in high risk groups taking it (if they want to) but is staunchly against young, healthy people taking it because its' long-term effects are impossible to know at this stage.

WTAF?! How can she possibly be a well-respected epidemiologist and state that without at least a mention of the fact that if young healthy people don't get vaccinated, the vaccination efforts will not produce significant herd immunity, and the virus will continue to spread unchecked via asymptomatic infections? Thereby putting at risk all of the people in high risk groups who choose not to get the vaccine, especially those who cannot because of other health conditions. Color me unimpressed.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, viking8x6 said:

WTAF?! How can she possibly be a well-respected epidemiologist and state that without at least a mention of the fact that if young healthy people don't get vaccinated, the vaccination efforts will not produce significant herd immunity, and the virus will continue to spread unchecked via asymptomatic infections? 

I specifically asked her why there is no plan to vaccinate 18-29 year olds. After all, they may be the group least likely to adhere to Covid safety guidelines and are most likely to be superspreaders. She (based here in Europe) doubled down on her statement about not vaccinating young people. So there you have it. Just because she doesn't believe in mass vaccination doesn't mean her credentials or point of view are invalid. 

I'm not ready to write off or punish those who are hesitant about the vaccine. I feel we should all have agency over our own bodies. If you believe in the vaccine, get it. Let's hope that the  vaccination protects everyone to the extent they've been told it does. I'm trying to figure out how this is going to work on a global scale with people flying to all corners of the globe. Different vaccine makers, varying degrees of the effectiveness of vaccines, and no data on how long the vaccines are effective. We're also putting a lot of faith in actors who stand to make huge profits from our collective fear.

Maybe I've missed it, but I haven't seen any of them say you can't contract the virus or transmit it once you're vaccinated. All I'm hearing is that if vaccinated, there is a good chance you won't get very sick, which if true, is already very positive. However, I'm afraid we're going to be masked up and largely terrified of each other for the foreseeable future, which is sad.