7 hours ago, topblkmale said:

This is my main concern. MP is spread sexually but through skin2skin direct contact. In other words, anal penetration is not required.

Condoms and masks are useless. Maybe gloves will be the recommended PPE for this breakout.

Emphasis on this. I've already heard a few condom advocates claiming MP outbreak is due to PrEP and people not using condoms. Couldn't be further from the truth. The biggest risk to acquire MP is cuddling.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, pozboi said:

Q:

If a vaccinated person has sex with an infected person, will the vaccinated person get infected?

The vaccine is not 100% effective.  Currently WHO and the CDC are both claiming that the JYNNEOS vaccine is 85% effective against monkeypox.  This could get confusing since that is the same claim made for the smallpox vaccine against monkeypox (although the question of the waning immunity of the smallpox vaccine has been raised since practically no one has had a smallpox vaccine in the US since 1972 and in Europe since 1976).

Edited by fuckholedc

2 hours ago, fuckholedc said:

The vaccine is not 100% effective.  Currently WHO and the CDC are both claiming that the JYNNEOS vaccine is 85% effective against monkeypox.  This could get confusing since that is the same claim made for the smallpox vaccine against monkeypox (although the question of the waning immunity of the smallpox vaccine has been raised since practically no one has had a smallpox vaccine in the US since 1972 and in Europe since 1976).

Sorry, what I wanted to get more clarity on is not vaccine's effectiveness but rather virus's behavior.

I'll paraphrase my original question:

Let's say the vaccine is 100% effective. If a vaccinated person is exposed to the virus, what happens?

1. Will the virus simply not enter the body because it's vaccinated?
2. Or will the virus still enter the vaccinated body and just "hang around" inside indefinitely without causing any illness?
3. Or will the virus still enter the vaccinated body and immediately be killed by the immune system?

13 hours ago, NYBBGUY58 said:

It's extreemely likely that I have Monkeypox - I'm waiting for definitive test results.  It isn't life-threatening as far as I know, but it is MISERABLE, at least in my case. So while I understand that there are those who feel in the wake of COVID that this "no biggie," (and/or that COVID is "no biggie") it's not something I would want anyone to have to experience.  If you can get a vaccine, I strongly suggest you do.

Take care, y'all!

False alarm...herpes + strep. Sigh...I got results in two days, though, so that's not bad.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pozboi said:

Sorry, what I wanted to get more clarity on is not vaccine's effectiveness but rather virus's behavior.

I'll paraphrase my original question:

Let's say the vaccine is 100% effective. If a vaccinated person is exposed to the virus, what happens?

1. Will the virus simply not enter the body because it's vaccinated?
2. Or will the virus still enter the vaccinated body and just "hang around" inside indefinitely without causing any illness?
3. Or will the virus still enter the vaccinated body and immediately be killed by the immune system?

Very simply put vaccinations train your immune system and get it to produce antibodies against viruses or bacteria. One's immune system needs time to notice a threat and react to it, however. So the virus/bacteria won't be killed immediately, but will infect at least some cells first, before the body reacts. Thus your third alternative will come closest to what will happen in a vaccinated person if a virus intrudes.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

I just read thru all the posts in this thread dating from early/mid May up to today, 16 July.  Some back in May poo-poo'ed the  virus as nothing, or media hype. We never learn. In the early 80's men ,gay men, were dying. And still people went head first into the sex venues in large cities, and guys out in the midwest/ rural areas lived under the belief that they were safe, it was only happening in big gay city spaces, not in Iowa or Alabama. They were wrong. Just recently, covid was an unknown. And it wasn't in the (fill in your country, , for me  the US) Then the 1st case was diagnosed, but everyone was told it was contained and not an issue. They were wrong then, too. Hell, in my country, we even had an idiot in chief suggest it would "just fade away by Easter" Tho, in all fairness, he never said which YEAR by Easter, so maybe by 2040....

So from where I live in South Florida, the news folk began talking about monkeypox in mid May, and by the last week in May the Ft Lauderdale area had its first case, then 2 more. And still we have guys bending over pool tables in the bar day after day, and now, as of 2 days ago, Broward County, where Ft Lauderdale is, has 98 cases, Miami area has 26. Our Pride Center and county health department ran a monkeypox vaccination clinic this past week, and within 1 hour of putting the link up to reserve a shot time- all available slots were taken. At least , it seems, a lot of the gay men here have taken some responsibility for protecting themselves. Maybe , just maybe, there is hope.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

I have told myself that for the time being i will stick to CP, boot licking and piss. But yesterday i cheated and sucked two cocks.

Plus, if i really think it through, i do wonder if it can be passed from one guy to another via paddles and canes. Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, fatbottom said:

I have told myself that for the time being i will stick to CP, boot licking and piss. But yesterday i cheated and sucked two cocks.

Plus, if i really think it through, i do wonder if it can be passed from one guy to another via paddles and canes. Any thoughts?

I think sanitising CP implements between guys is a very good idea, even before Monkeypox.