27 minutes ago, topblkmale said:

the media really can't get into those specific details of gay homosexual behavior without being labeled homophobes.

Most people are totally unaware of what goes on in saunas, sex-clubs and other anon sex venues, where one guy can have contact with 20 or 30 guys in one night. The Political Correct way is to refer to gay men as "men who love other men" and never mention the wild sex.

I imagine there are str8 men and many women who enjoy multiple partners at 'swinger' events.
With some bi guys going to saunas, cruising etc they are at high risk of taking things home to the wife.
As MP is not sexually transmitted (same as COVID) it would appear to be irrelevant whether condoms are used.

3 hours ago, hungry_hole said:

Most people are totally unaware of what goes on in saunas, sex-clubs and other anon sex venues, where one guy can have contact with 20 or 30 guys in one night. The Political Correct way is to refer to gay men as "men who love other men" and never mention the wild sex.

It's probably accurate to describe gay men in that fashion, but that doesn't convey anything about how Monkeypox is being spread (or how other STI's are spread).

Without putting too fine a point on it, you can be gay (ie a man who loves other men) and still be a virgin and not at risk for receiving or transmitting any STI at all. It's only when we become sexually active people that STI's are a relevant concern.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Goldneye007 said:

Per rational reports, and a most Doctors recently interviewed, it is a relatively minor issue and, as usual, the media and politicians are pressing the panic button, just like they have done with every CoVid variation.

As usual, follow the money......

No one has died yet in this outbreak (and the strain is the less virulent one of the two) but people are experiencing severe illness with serious pain if they come down with pustules.  Cumulative cases in the US are now just over 1000.  The virus is spreading exponentially.  Unless the outbreak is contained (which looks unlikely) , the US will have 10,000 cases around August 25, 2022 and about 20,000 around September 12, 2022 (I know because I induced a model of the cumulative case curve - this is not the first time I have done this and my projections are correct within a couple of % - cumulative cases tend to be easy to accurately project in the early stages of many uncontrolled epidemics).  

As for COVID, > 1M people have died from this virus in the US and > 6M have died worldwide.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JamesL100 said:

I imagine there are str8 men and many women who enjoy multiple partners at 'swinger' events.
With some bi guys going to saunas, cruising etc they are at high risk of taking things home to the wife.
As MP is not sexually transmitted (same as COVID) it would appear to be irrelevant whether condoms are used.

There are.  But they are a minority of str8 people (how much of a minority is not clear though). 

I was reading a blog recently where the author stated that it was only recently that he realized that the majority of Gay men don't have nearly as much sex as he thought.  He's correct.  The majority of people on this board who are sexually active tend to be much more sexually active than the average Gay man, although this has to be considered for age and region/city as well. 

At this stage in the outbreak it appears that transmission is broadly occurring through sex (although at least one Gay man went on a party weekend , traveled with his two partners, neither of whom came down with monkeypox but he has classic symptoms - he did have sex at one or more sex parties but only with his partners he was traveling with).  

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, fuckholedc said:

The virus is spreading exponentially.  Unless the outbreak is contained (which looks unlikely) , the US will have 10,000 cases around August 25, 2022 and about 20,000 around September 12, 2022.

So this doesn't sound too bad and the projection is getting out to where it is dangerous to project further (I am well aware of the projections already reported in the press).

However, if the model I induced holds, there are likely to be > 200k cases by Christmas.  There is a small chance that the outbreak will die out on it's own but I wouldn't bet on it (although the CDC seems to be doing exactly that in their "wait and see" heavy approach).  

Given the nature of gay sex parties, it seems like they are the perfect vector for this even if you don't have sex. Gyms could also become a problem.

I'm trying to figure out if I need to stay home for a few weeks, it is the off season for gay sex anyway, things wouldn't normally pick up much until October by which time we will know if it is a growing problem.

• Upvote 2

There's a shortage of monkeypox vaccine.  Would one dose suffice?

[think before following links] [think before following links] https://www.science.org/content/article/there-s-shortage-monkeypox-vaccine-could-one-dose-instead-two-suffice

Bavarian Nordic CEO Paul Chaplin, an immunologist, also embraces the single dose plan. Studies have shown that immune responses triggered by a single shot of the MVA vaccine declines after 2 years, which is why the approved vaccine schedule calls for a second shot. But Chaplin says immune memory is so robust after a single dose that a booster given 2 years later leads to the same immune response as the standard schedule. If countries decide to use single shots now, they have a long time to add the booster and still achieve the durability benefit, he believes. “There are a lot of data to support the single shot,” Chaplin says. 

Edited by fuckholedc
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

It would seem to me that given an outbreak with limited supplies it only makes sense to go with a single shot to create a bulwark while we allow industry to spin up and get more supplies ready.  Also, why haven’t we been getting vaccinated for this before now?  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, NWUSHorny said:

Given the nature of gay sex parties, it seems like they are the perfect vector for this even if you don't have sex. Gyms could also become a problem.

This is my main concern. MP is spread sexually but through skin2skin direct contact. In other words, anal penetration is not required.

Condoms and masks are useless. Maybe gloves will be the recommended PPE for this breakout.

I also worry about the fixtures at various venues. i.e couches, fuck benches, slings, glory holes, toilets, lockers, shower areas (w/douching capabilities), etc.

• Upvote 2

It's extreemely likely that I have Monkeypox - I'm waiting for definitive test results.  It isn't life-threatening as far as I know, but it is MISERABLE, at least in my case. So while I understand that there are those who feel in the wake of COVID that this "no biggie," (and/or that COVID is "no biggie") it's not something I would want anyone to have to experience.  If you can get a vaccine, I strongly suggest you do.

Take care, y'all!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, topblkmale said:

Maybe gloves will be the recommended PPE for this breakout.

Gloves aren't going to do much in a crowded room of naked people using the same furniture. Regular gyms, based on what we know are going to be a problem too.

• Upvote 2

• Moderators
On 7/14/2022 at 5:43 AM, Goldneye007 said:

...it is a relatively minor issue...

It's a relatively minor issue now. But exponential growth is never something to fuck around with. So to speak.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, cumslutfuckpig said:

It would seem to me that given an outbreak with limited supplies it only makes sense to go with a single shot to create a bulwark while we allow industry to spin up and get more supplies ready.  Also, why haven’t we been getting vaccinated for this before now?  

Previous monkeypox outbreaks outside of Africa were quickly contained (basically they died out on their own).

And we basically ignored outbreaks in Africa.