3 hours ago, fatbottom said:

I have told myself that for the time being i will stick to CP, boot licking and piss. But yesterday i cheated and sucked two cocks.

Plus, if i really think it through, i do wonder if it can be passed from one guy to another via paddles and canes. Any thoughts?

One of the ways MPX can be transmitted is by touching items that previously touched the infectious rash or body fluids according to CDC Q&A. That comprises towels, sheets and sex toys including impact toys. [think before following links] [think before following links] https://www.cdc.gov/poxvirus/monkeypox/transmission.html

The European ECDC speaks of 'fomites' (i.e. 'inanimate objects that, when contaminated with or exposed to infectious agents, can transfer disease to a new host') which doesn't tell the average person much. [think before following links] [think before following links] https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/monkeypox/questions-and-answers

If you play one on one in a private dungeon/flat you should be reasonably safe with CP if basic toy hygiene is followed.

If you're playing in a public setting (sex club/public dungeon) with shared toys be aware that there is a higher risk of infection involved. It would probably be quite off-putting if you were to disinfect every whip and paddle before use during the scene.

Viral DNA was found in bodily fluids of infected persons including piss, cum and spit. That's not necessarily the same as infectious virus. 'The high viral load detected in saliva and semen suggests these fluids have infectious potential' according to some research. [think before following links] [think before following links] https://www.contagionlive.com/view/identifying-monkeypox-viral-dna-in-bodily-fluid-samples

Edited by EuroMusk76
clarification

4 hours ago, AirmaxAndy said:

I think sanitising CP implements between guys is a very good idea, even before Monkeypox.  

yeah - even  a quick wetwipe is probably a good idea. And no holding hands!

Got my vaccine - Jynneos. Called Imvanex over here. Zero problems. Big thanks to the NHS. 

Brits - get yours now. The Doc who booked me in for mine spent his morning dealing with a patient who had 400 lesions over his body - you can also get them inside your ass!

Edited by tj87
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, fuckholedc said:

Supposedly sex club events in NYC are closing. 

Most sex club events have been canceled or suspended temporarily in NYC.

Surprisingly the only surviving bathhouse in NYC is still open. I suspect they will also shutter their doors in the coming weeks.

I'm not sure about the bar scene as I do not frequent those spaces.

City parks and gay hook-up apps are still local options.

My HIV doctor brought up monkeypox during my visit last week. He showed me a chart that illustrated the exponential rise in infections worldwide. He didn't push too hard for me to get vaccinated because the vaccine isn't widely available yet. He also said there are risks to taking the vaccine as there are reports (rare) of people dying from it. He did say to skip those saunas and sex parties in places like Berlin and New York. His other useful tip was to have sex in daylight so I can inspect my partner's body better. I feel my risk is low at the moment. I am only playing with 3 guys regularly so should be easy to discuss with them to see what we can do to keep ourselves healthy.

• Thanks 1

Indeed, vaccines are in short supply.

In Louisiana, for instance, we have received 1,000 doses for the entire state, and the Dept. of Health has decided to use them for people who have had actual exposure to a confirmed case, at least for now. 

Assuming many have changed their behaviour (not all, but i think it's fair to say many), the big question is when will everyone go back to their normal sexual activity? Once a blanket vaccination programme has been rolled out? I'm curious what other factors will make guys think it's time to go back to "normal".

31 minutes ago, VersGuyAnon said:

Assuming many have changed their behaviour (not all, but i think it's fair to say many), the big question is when will everyone go back to their normal sexual activity? Once a blanket vaccination programme has been rolled out? I'm curious what other factors will make guys think it's time to go back to "normal".

If the reaction displayed  during covid is any guidance, I'd say about 2 days for the piggiest among us, and 4 months for the more reserved.  Seriously tho, the one sobering thing monkeypox has going for it is it can be scarring, and is much more visible to others when it is present. As many men on here have their teeth whitened, or butt implants (or cock) or insist they need testosterone injections  so they can have massive muscles so they look "good", I do think the scar/blister aspect may actually work in humanities favor for once. 

• Upvote 4

14 hours ago, AirmaxAndy said:

I think sanitising CP implements between guys is a very good idea, even before Monkeypox.  

Serious players I used to know decades ago never shared toys. The hardcore btms/subs/slaves brought their own implements and tops were practised enough to handle new gear.

• Thanks 1

Just been for my regular sexual health check (Scotland) and free PrEP prescription, I asked about getting Monkeypox vaccine and was told that while there will be limited supply and unlikely to be top of the list, they have now downgraded the risk. A bit disappointed to be honest.

I am disappointed with the lack of publicity regarding this health crisis in my part of Florida.  Then again, with my Governor I should not be surprised, but politics is another thread.

I see my doctor in August, just a few weeks away, and I plan on asking about vaccine availability.   I have seen the Department of Health here in Florida put out a warning regarding hepatitis, but to me that was old news.  However, I have not seen any posters or information online as to where I can find the vaccine regarding monkeypox.

So fellow Floridians, I know you are out there.  Should I just give up casual sex with strangers until I see my doctor the second week of August.  Most of the informtation I have come across are from guys living in L.A. or New York.  Not much from Floridians, and certainly nothing here in  the Tampa/St. Pete area.  Normally Miami or Ft. Lauderdale has articles in main stream news outlets regarding STD outbreaks, but so far I have not come across anything from my state.

Anyone know more?  

3 hours ago, ellentonboy said:

I am disappointed with the lack of publicity regarding this health crisis in my part of Florida.  Then again, with my Governor I should not be surprised, but politics is another thread.

I see my doctor in August, just a few weeks away, and I plan on asking about vaccine availability.   I have seen the Department of Health here in Florida put out a warning regarding hepatitis, but to me that was old news.  However, I have not seen any posters or information online as to where I can find the vaccine regarding monkeypox.

So fellow Floridians, I know you are out there.  Should I just give up casual sex with strangers until I see my doctor the second week of August.  Most of the informtation I have come across are from guys living in L.A. or New York.  Not much from Floridians, and certainly nothing here in  the Tampa/St. Pete area.  Normally Miami or Ft. Lauderdale has articles in main stream news outlets regarding STD outbreaks, but so far I have not come across anything from my state.

Anyone know more?  

I can't advise you on whether to temporarily give up BB sex or not. However, I will note that I've been getting a fair amount of feedback from FTL area friends and acquaintances that monkeypox IS being discussed down there, and the community is well aware of it. As was the case with HIV in the very early days, the community is filling in with information resources where the media is letting things fall through the cracks. And so "local" information is more readily available in areas with dense populations of LGBT people, which gives FTL an advantage over Tampa/St. Pete. 

Unfortunately, awareness doesn't equate to vaccine availability, and that's going to be governed in part by the politics you referenced.

6 hours ago, ellentonboy said:

I

Anyone know more?  

Not too much info that will help you, but a friend who is in Germany sent me a crowdsourced link,for US monkeypox vax sites- way too long to copy and paste- I suspect part of it would be truncated- but do a search for " monkeypox vaccination access project" It has info by state , where there is any info at all ( Surprise!! Nothing for places like Alabama, Mississippi,Tennessee..well, you get the idea)  But in addition to US State info, it has a resources link at the bottom which may help some of you guys in those news deserts that refuse to mention this topic.

Oh, and just a FYI- he wrote that there are 1000 cases in Berlin

Edited by AlwaysOpen
clarification
  • Thanks 2