Hiv-Positive Teacher Used Grindr For Unprotected Sex With 15-Year-Old

seaguy

I"m a high school teacher and this man's behavior disgusts me.  I'm no prude (i'm on this site)..but all teachers, under law, are mandated reporters and have a responsibility to protect all minors--so yes, his job is relevant even if the student in question wasn't his.

As someone who truly and appropriately loves his job and also enjoys sexual liberation, stories like this trouble me because it makes it harder for guys like me who separate work and play to make the case that out private lives should have no bearing on our jobs.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I"m a high school teacher and this man's behavior disgusts me.  I'm no prude (i'm on this site)..but all teachers, under law, are mandated reporters and have a responsibility to protect all minors--so yes, his job is relevant even if the student in question wasn't his.

As someone who truly and appropriately loves his job and also enjoys sexual liberation, stories like this trouble me because it makes it harder for guys like me who separate work and play to make the case that out private lives should have no bearing on our jobs.

Yeah... I agree... Doesn't matter if he was not the teacher of the boy he abused. His job IS relevant given what his job was. I wouldn't want him teaching my nephew's class. If he will do it to one minor, then he will do it to another. And maybe one who is more accessible. ie: A boy in his class.

• Upvote 1

If he was on meds and undetectable, which, given his job as a teacher and access to health care he most likely was, the chances of him infecting the teen are about zero. It's safer than if the teen was randomly hooking up with someone of unknown sero-status. People are "drawing and quartering" this aspect of the guy based on an outdated idea of the risk of HIV.

As for the age issue, different topic. Different debate. 

• Upvote 1

From the news articles, he was not the kids teacher so his job is irrelevant. He's just an idiot. And a FYI for those not from Texas, here if you're in a position of authority over the kid (teacher, coach, principle, etc.) there are additional charges, even if the person is 18. It is illegal for someone in a position of authority in a school to have sex with a student, regardless of age. It is mostly women that get in trouble with this law, not men. Regardless of what people think about age of consent (and I think it needs to be changed since most kids are out fucking by 14 or 15, but that's another topic) what he did was illegal as the law stands right now. He also has HIV and IMO fucking a kid (legal or not) and having HIV should always be a no go. Most teenagers do not have the ability to comprehend what being poz means since for them, they often think they're immortal and immune to everything. There are plenty of legal guys out there who look younger than 18 and like older men who he could have hooked up with, but instead he had to find someone well underage.RT

The thing is teachers are in positions that deal with kids of all ages and in some states they have added special teacher clauses to the laws that state make the penalty tougher and sometimes raises the age of consent I guess that is to prevent teachers from sleeping with their students.  But back to him not being the kids teacher he still should have been even more aware of the fact that what he was doing was not right and then to fuck the kid at the kids home what an idiot.  I wonder what subject he taught?  Here in WA we had Mary Kay LaTourno and just recently a teacher in Tacoma who was a HS math teacher fucking a few of her students.  Teachers don't make allot as it is so it makes it even stupider that one would take a riskj like this guy did because even if they kid was willing in the eyes of the law he is a sex offender and if he gets convicted he is going to have to live with that, having to register, having neighbors want him to not live next to them, etc all for a few fucks.  I would have just found someone of age or jerked off rather than ruin my life.  So I wonder if he might be a sexual deviant or something like that?  And they do not treat guys like him nicely in jail at all.  The jail often has to put guys being held for child molestation or similar in protective custody.  Cause the inmates will start gossiping and next thing you know someones taking upon themselves to dish out some jailhouse justice cause they heard this guy raped a kid.  I saw it happen in this documentary that was filmed at the Orange County CA jail.  The guy who was shanked was a teacher too.

I'll admit - when I was that age, I was that kid.  We didn't have Grindr and I was lucky enough to have a family member that hooked me up.  I loved it and yes, more than one of my educators bred me.  It was amazing.  So keep in mind there are plusses for horny boys like us.  I'm not advocating, just adding 2 cents.

Edited by sean_alan
  • Upvote 4

There are plenty of legal guys out there who look younger than 18 and like older men who he could have hooked up with, but instead he had to find someone well underage.

Hey BiAggieGuy,

totally agree if it happened like you described, but honestly I doubt that's how things went. I was wondering what GRINDR's guidelines concerning age look like exactly and found this on their homepage:

1. AGE RESTRICTION.  THE GRINDR SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE FOR INDIVIDUALS AGED 18 YEARS OR OLDER.

1. AGE RESTRICTED ACCESS. NO PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS (TWENTY-ONE (21) YEARS IN PLACES WHERE EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS IS NOT THE AGE OF MAJORITY) MAY DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY VIEW, POSSESS OR OTHERWISE USE THE GRINDR SERVICES. 

2. AFFIRMATION OF CURRENT ADULT STATUS. YOU HEREBY AFFIRM AND WARRANT THAT YOU ARE CURRENTLY OVER THE AGE OF EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS (TWENTY-ONE (21) YEARS IN PLACES WHERE EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS IS NOT THE AGE OF MAJORITY) AND YOU ARE CAPABLE OF LAWFULLY ENTERING INTO AND PERFORMING ALL THE OBLIGATIONS SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT.

So he had to assume the boy was of legal age until told otherwise, and the kid most probably didn't run around screaming "I'm fifteen, please fuck me!" And as you stated yourself, it's not easy to tell nowadays: there've always been boys who look younger than they actually are, but more and more boys mature (at least physically) earlier than they used to do lets say 30 years ago. Don't get me wrong, I haven't seen any picture of that kid (and for his sake I hope we'll never find one in the media), but if a guy claims to be 18 and looks like it, a lot of us wouldn't bother to ask for his ID, don't you think?

• Upvote 1

There really need to be some adjustments to age of consent laws. If the kid was a willing, eager participant the punishment shouldn't be the same as if it were really rape. Cases like this and Mike Dozer are just wrong.

Oh, and if he was undetectable, who cares if he was poz? It really doesn't have any bearing on anything.

So true! But then again, this is easy to say if you're not one of the parties involved. If you were the boy's mother, you'd probably have none of it. I would hazard that imagining her Little Sunshine on his back, legs spread, exposing his underaged boyhole, begging a stranger to fuck and breed him, is something no mother in the world would do if she could possibly avoid it.

• Upvote 3

Hey BiAggieGuy,

totally agree if it happened like you described, but honestly I doubt that's how things went. I was wondering what GRINDR's guidelines concerning age look like exactly and found this on their homepage:

1. AGE RESTRICTION.  THE GRINDR SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE FOR INDIVIDUALS AGED 18 YEARS OR OLDER.

1. AGE RESTRICTED ACCESS. NO PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS (TWENTY-ONE (21) YEARS IN PLACES WHERE EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS IS NOT THE AGE OF MAJORITY) MAY DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY VIEW, POSSESS OR OTHERWISE USE THE GRINDR SERVICES. 

2. AFFIRMATION OF CURRENT ADULT STATUS. YOU HEREBY AFFIRM AND WARRANT THAT YOU ARE CURRENTLY OVER THE AGE OF EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS (TWENTY-ONE (21) YEARS IN PLACES WHERE EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS IS NOT THE AGE OF MAJORITY) AND YOU ARE CAPABLE OF LAWFULLY ENTERING INTO AND PERFORMING ALL THE OBLIGATIONS SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT.

So he had to assume the boy was of legal age until told otherwise, and the kid most probably didn't run around screaming "I'm fifteen, please fuck me!" And as you stated yourself, it's not easy to tell nowadays: there've always been boys who look younger than they actually are, but more and more boys mature (at least physically) earlier than they used to do lets say 30 years ago. Don't get me wrong, I haven't seen any picture of that kid (and for his sake I hope we'll never find one in the media), but if a guy claims to be 18 and looks like it, a lot of us wouldn't bother to ask for his ID, don't you think?

I've always laughed at those "restrictions" Grindr and other apps like it has. Guaranteed that they just put those there to protect their asses. I don't see them following up. I've personally seen kids on there who not only looked underage but had in their profiles that they were. Even after reporting them to Grindr (I'm such a spoil sport), their profile remained active. Their guidelines are worthless. Just a way of avoiding prosecution.

• Upvote 1

I've always laughed at those "restrictions" Grindr and other apps like it has. Guaranteed that they just put those there to protect their asses. I don't see them following up. I've personally seen kids on there who not only looked underage but had in their profiles that they were. Even after reporting them to Grindr (I'm such a spoil sport), their profile remained active. Their guidelines are worthless. Just a way of avoiding prosecution.

Oh, I really didn't know that. Never tried Grindr myself, but thought they were trying to keep it an adults-only thing in their own interest. Should have known better, I guess... :(

But there must be a way of making them accountable for not adhering to there own guidelines, I mean what's the use of them anyway otherwise?!? :confused:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest outdatedaccount

Have to agree that by 15-16 most kids even in my day were already fucking around.  Doesn't excuse the guy that didn't disclose and broke the law.  Still it's not always the adults going after the kids, sometimes the kids pursue the adults.  I know I was banging an older woman when I was 16 but I didn't say shit cause it was a good deal for me and I didn't want her in trouble.   Kids today are stupid cause they leave evidence on their phones, text and send pics to their friends, generally can't keep their mouths shut. 

• 1 year later...

I'll admit - when I was that age, I was that kid.  We didn't have Grindr and I was lucky enough to have a family member that hooked me up.  I loved it and yes, more than one of my educators bred me.  It was amazing.  So keep in mind there are plusses for horny boys like us.  I'm not advocating, just adding 2 cents.

Right on. There are plenty of 40 year olds too dumb to make responsible decisions about sex. I had my pilots license at 17. Everyone has a different speed at which they develop satisfactory sound judgement decision making ability.

Having said that, 18 is ridiculous. So a 16 year old has the capability of commanding a 4000 lbs. Motor vehicle but is two years away from the right to exchange DNA with an adult?

When I was a teen sure I fucked chicks my age. In 1995 I was 17, but was more attracted to Shania Twain who was 30 then any teen bitch I knew.

I guess the arbitrary line has to be drawn somewhere.

The HIV issue is an entirely different issue. If you knowingly transmit it by lying that is evil. I am a pervert, but fuck that noise.

• Upvote 2

• 3 years later...

As a retired school teacher, I have a couple of thoughts

Since he was not the boys school teacher, it is not important to the story to announce that he is a teacher

I also know that many boys ( i am assuming under age) have come up to me at nude beaches or spas over the years and wanted sex,  whether it was to get or give a bj, or get fucked. In those cases I certainly wasn't feeling like anyones teacher just a man looking to satisfy my sexual needs.

We as humans are weak. we all make mistakes but when a boy is looking for it at whatever age, it's  more an error of the laws than the boy or man

I have had sex with former students but waited til they were of legal age and out of school.  It can be very very hot.

1 hour ago, twoguyssssss4fun said:

As a retired school teacher, I have a couple of thoughts

Since he was not the boys school teacher, it is not important to the story to announce that he is a teacher

I also know that many boys ( i am assuming under age) have come up to me at nude beaches or spas over the years and wanted sex,  whether it was to get or give a bj, or get fucked. In those cases I certainly wasn't feeling like anyones teacher just a man looking to satisfy my sexual needs.

We as humans are weak. we all make mistakes but when a boy is looking for it at whatever age, it's  more an error of the laws than the boy or man

I have had sex with former students but waited til they were of legal age and out of school.  It can be very very hot.

Actually, I beg to differ.

Someone trusted to be a role model was arrested for having sexual relationships with a 15 yr old and likely because he didn't disclose he was +.  Parents need to be know it happened, especially if there's a chance  there's other victims.

Also, if they were  at same school, that may not prevented another state (if he committed crime there) to charge him the enhanced of doing crime as authority figure.

He supposedly was charged with 5 offenses (April, June, August, and 2 on 9/10), either there were other victims or these were 4 days the sex happened.

https://www.texastribune.org/library/data/texas-prisons/inmates/roger-joe-kessler/1169953/

Also, like it or not, ignorance or being lied to is not a defense of being charged with a sex crime,

• Upvote 1

Guest BritBottom
On 9/17/2014 at 4:40 PM, rawTOP said:

There really need to be some adjustments to age of consent laws. If the kid was a willing, eager participant the punishment shouldn't be the same as if it were really rape. Cases like this and Mike Dozer are just wrong.

Oh, and if he was undetectable, who cares if he was poz? It really doesn't have any bearing on anything.

My view on this is strongly influenced on my own youthful activities.

When I was 15, the age of consent was 21, with strict limitations, and I was actively seeking cock from, almost always older men, in toilets, cruising grounds etc. - all my sexual activities were illegal and I knew it. Accepted it was pre-HIV, No internet, Mobile phones etc but also no formal sex education of any kind. At that time I never considered that the men who fucked me would go to prison if they had been found out.  It's true my age was pretty obvious and as they were older and chose a horny kid with his ass in the air over others their own age you can argue they took advantage.  I didn't see it that way so by my positive encouragement I can hardly suggest I was a victim or blameless.  On that basis I was as culpable as they insofar as I knowingly induced and wanted their activity - logically I should have suffered a similar penalty as they had I been caught.

Where anyone is coerced or forced into sexual activity of any kind, I have nothing but contempt for them The more vulnerable the victim by age or other factors the worse it is.

In this case, I accept there was a wide age gap which suggests a worrying degree of predation and for an apparently intelligent man, Kessler knowingly took an incredibly stupid risk, he had plenty of other options so I don't really sympathise. If you cross the road against a red light then you have got to accept you may get run over.

I agree, if he poz undetectable he was putting no one at risk. It would also be a pretty stupid rapist who left his DNA in the victim.

The kid had access to all the info on the internet that my generation didn't and still chose to do it. You have to actively download GRINDR and it seems he cross-messaged and invited the guy so was hardly innocent or naive. In effect he cannot really be a victim any more than I was. Seems to me that if we have an age of consent law and someone,over the age of criminal responsibility but under the age of consent actively breaches the law or encourages others to do so he cannot be blameless and should be prosecuted too.

Kids can be predatory. But we have to take the high road. They go through phases.  If a kid wants to ride your Suzuki GSXR-1000..... if he wants you to buy him vodka or Heroin... if he wants you to put out cigarettes on his chest.... it doesn’t matter what a kid wants. 

• Upvote 1