Life Of The Spare

Part 25 - The London Arrival

Artem was so excited and kept running around his own bedroom with the open suitcase putting clothes in then taking them out, turning to his phone to check the weather forecast yet again for London and changing his mind what to pack. He closed the lid and ran his fingers over the black hard shell of his suitcase adorned with the royal coat of arms. These suitcases were provided to royal household who travelled with family members and even looking at this had Artem all extremely proud at his position in the palace. The reality of their trip soon hit home hard when Liam called them both for a meeting the evening before their departure to run through the security protocol and what signals were to be used by Alex, it was important for Artem to understand these as well to keep himself safe and to know what to do.

"Artem have you packed your royal dress?" Alex asked looking at him.
"No" Artem replied, "Do I need to, thought I was going sightseeing?" he asked.
Liam and Alex laughed "We have dinner with the ambassador!" Alex informed him.
"Oh right, so we have to dress up for that?" Artem asked and Alex nodded.
"You will need to accompany me at the conference to take notes as well" Alex informed him.
"What about my sightseeing?" Artem asked looking at them both.
Alex stood "We will have time Artem don't worry. Did you think this was a holiday?" he asked.
Artem nodded "Kind of" he replied getting up to pack his royal dress as Liam laughed away.
"What are you laughing about?" Alex asked turning to Liam, "Pack yours as well!" he said.
"What?" Liam asked dropping his happy face.
Alex smirked at him "We are all  invited as guests of honour, the three of us in royal dress" he said.
"Why?" Liam asked, "I have to protect you" he added thinking that would knock this on the head.
Alex smiled "Because the ambassador has invited you to dinner".

Liam put his phone in his pocket moaning that he was going to have to unpack his suitcase now. Alex arranged for the three of them to have breakfast in his apartment at 6am, there was a lot of bustling around as footmen arrived to take their luggage down to the royal car. The police in place to whisk them off to the airport for their early flight to London.

The chief purser lead Alex to his seat closely followed by Liam and Artem at the rear. It was a short three hour flight to London and travelling in business or first class was something Liam was getting use to but Artem was doing and trying everything during the flight much to their amusement that helped the time speed by quickly. Artem was checking all the details one more time that he had made with Lady Trasilion's help, she had managed to secure the three bedroom royal suite at Claridges free of charge with the help of some name dropping. The Monrovian Embassy official car was waiting at the foot of the airbridge to take them to the VIP terminal for clearance and on to the hotel. Despite this being a non official state visit, Alex was still royalty and as such the embassy provided every thing and was shown usual courtesy on his arrival in to Heathrow where the ambassador was in the terminal to greet Alex. They were quickly on their way to the hotel arriving outside just before lunchtime. The hotel manager and concierge all lined up outside to greet the prince and take them to the royal suite to quickly freshen up before the three of them joined Lady Trasilion for lunch. Alex had found out that Felipe was staying in the same hotel and his eyes constantly darted around during lunch at any movement hoping it was him, his looking failed to secure any sight of the famous actor. In any case he didn't know how Felipe would behave seeing him again and would it have been one of those meets where they were destined never to speak again.

The embassy limousine arrived to take them all off to the opening of the conference and giving Artem a chance to view some of the sights as they drove towards Westminster and the conference venue. The opening speeches completed and the conference officially started with Artem and Liam sat next to Alex who was glancing over at Felipe Morales who in turn was sneaking glances at his prince. It was becoming so obvious that Liam nearly burst out laughing seeing the sexual tension between them both across the room. During the afternoon coffee break their paths eventually crossed.

"Your royal highness" Felipe said bowing his head, "Such an honour to see you again".
Alex held out his hand "Mr Morales how wonderful to see you again" he replied.
Felipe shook hands with Alex staring him in the eye "I hope we get some time to talk" he said.
Alex nodded "We will indeed Mr Morales, you know where I am staying" he replied.

He looked just as stunning as he remembered and could definitely see that Felipe had been working out for his latest role in a major film production. With little time to talk and as patron of the charity all the foundation partners wanted to say hello to Alex and he glanced over the shoulder of the partner being introduced to see Felipe turn and smile at Alex. It was a long afternoon and Alex returned to the royal suite by 5pm to quickly shower, Artem would not let the butler touch the royal tunics and personally pressed them to his standard before returning to help Alex change in to his royal dress. As soon as he finished Alex helped Artem kept looking at himself in the mirror still unable to believe he had been awarded such an honour, it only became reality when he was dressed so smartly and official. Artem walked over to Liam and adjusted his sash so that it sat correctly, when finished Liam returned from his bedroom carrying his gun as usual and placing it in the holster under his tunic. Artem tutted and walked over adjusting his sash again.

"Is that really necessary?" Artem asked still scared to be around Liam carrying a gun.
Liam nodded "My duty is to protect the prince Artem, you know that" he replied.
Artem stepped back and nodded "Promise me you will chill out a bit this evening, for Alex?".

Liam smiled and nodded then looked over as the butler informed them that the hotel security was here to take them to the limousine. Outside the hotel the flashy limousine with the Monrovia flag and royal flag on the front wings was parked waiting, the appearance causing a crowd to gather on the pavement in anticipation. The hotel security team flanked Alex who stepped in to the limo followed by Artem and Liam. It was a short drive to the embassy in Kensington and the ambassador was waiting at the steps to greet Alex. Enjoying a pleasant dinner and evening the royal entourage left the embassy at 10pm. Artem undressed the prince and bowed his head before leaving him, Alex looked around the sumptuous bedroom wishing Felipe was here right now. He walked over and picked up his private phone and smiled seeing he had a message from Hollywood, his contact code for Felipe, it was short but highly arousing for Alex to read 'Tomorrow night I bang the hell out your royal arse for keeping me waiting so long'. Alex knew that Felipe was good to his word and he slipped on the bathrobe and padded in to the lounge of the royal suite where Liam and Artem were sat joking around watching a bit of late night television wearing only t-shirts and underwear.

"Where was my invitation?" Alex asked appearing at the door, Artem immediately stood up bowing.
"Drop it Artem" Alex said immediately, "How about this champagne?" he suggested.
"Not sure" Liam replied, "Artem do we want the prince here spoiling our fun?" he asked.
Artem laid back on the sofa "I guess we can let him join us common folk" he replied.

Alex returned from the bedroom in a t-shirt and underwear to fit in and ended up having an amazing few hours polishing off the bottle of champagne. Artem soon found out that there were no secrets with Alex who talked openly to them about his date tomorrow with Felipe indicating that they should disappear as it might get noisy. By 1am Artem took his leave and went to his bedroom, Liam stood up and looked at Alex who stood and walked to the master bedroom closely followed by Liam. Quietly Liam stripped off and climbed in next to Alex, he kissed the prince on the head then turned the light off and wrapped his arms around Alex holding him.

"Thought you might need some company tonight" Liam said softly caressing Alex's back.
Alex snuggled up "Not really but I can never get enough of cuddling up with you" he replied.
Liam's hand wandered down to his arse "Oi" Alex said smiling, "Stop that".
"I can touch surely" Liam replied holding Alex tighter in his arms.
Alex giggled "You know you might make Artem jealous if he keeps finding you in bed with me".
"Shut up and go to sleep" Liam replied kissing Alex on the head.

Liam reached over turning the alarm on his phone off and kissed the back of Alex's neck who snuggled against him, his fingers running along Liam's bicep moaning softly feeling the power in those arms again. Liam shuffled pushing Alex to the edge of the bed until he nearly fell out, giggling until they were interrupted by a coughing sound as Artem stood at the door.

"What is it with you two?" Artem asked walking over.
Alex shrugged "Don't ask complicated questions in the morning" he said wrestling with Liam's arms.
Liam jumped out of bed putting his underwear on "He gives one hell of a blow job" he remarked.
Before Alex could speak Artem laughed and Liam left the room "Come on" Artem said patting Alex.
Alex stood up "What you want one?" he asked raising an eyebrow.
Artem blushed "Err no, you need to shower and leave in one hour" he said.

It was along day of meetings reviewing the event planning with Artem sat beside Alex noting all the dates down, Alex was relying more and more on Artem who seemed to be completely at home and adept at managing his diary and keeping the prince on track. The one item on the agenda that Alex couldn't understand why it was there was called The Arts partner. Despite him eagerly wanting to ask what that was about his mind constantly veered off track when ever he glanced at Felipe sat across from him at the large conference table. So dignified and focused doing his part they only managed to chat during the short breaks and lunch. Alex and Artem mingled around for a half an hour at the end of the day until Liam appeared to take the prince back to the hotel. Alex sat in the bedroom that evening looking pensive and staring at the door. Liam had gone to Felipe's suite to bring him to the royal suite, there was just a hint of jealousy running through him right now. There was still no question that he wasn't gay yet there was something so special with Alex, so ingrained on him that he couldn't get sex with him out of his mind, even whilst having sex with Polly back at the palace he had imagined Alex under him when reaching orgasm. Liam brushed it all away and knocked on the bedroom door and opened it and Alex stood and smiled seeing the handsome Spaniard entering his room, Felipe rushed passed Liam and swooped Alex up in the air kissing him frantically. Alex pushed him away slightly 'Thank you Liam, I owe you' he said, Liam smiled and winked closing the door as he left.

Few words were exchanged before Felipe stood naked already his cock was standing erect glistening at the head with precum. The familiar working of Felipe gently coaxing Alex backwards until he fell back spread eagled. Felipe leaned over and kissed him hard then started moving lover and lower, Alex's anticipation had his legs quiver knowing how this Spaniard made love and he was not disappointed. He felt the warm moistness of the tongue running along the shaft of his hard cock, his back arching slightly staring up at the ceiling with a big smile of his face. Alex moaned loudly as the tongue moved lower, his legs being hoisted in the air before letting out a squeal of pleasure. Unlike the first time where Felipe took his time, his tongue delved in straight away prising Alex's hole open, his hands clutching at the sheet for support his hips wriggling side to side, he was fighting to stop himself touching his cock. That sensation where his whole body was buzzing at every nerve ending took over then the sound of Felipe spitting at his hole then working the saliva in with his tongue, raising himself the leaning over Alex he kissed him whilst guiding his cock to the hole and penetrating Alex gently. His hands held on to Felipe's shoulders pushing him back a little to go easy but he felt his hole expanding pushing past any resistance until his balls pressed up against Alex's arse, gasping he looked up at Felipe and they kissed again. Felipe looked down and slowly withdrew a couple of inches then pushed forward repeating this over and over until the prince finally relaxed. Felipe resumed kissing Alex whilst his pelvis provided the movement, Alex wrapped his arms around Felipe's neck intensifying their kissing. Controlling his own orgasm and excitement of being with Alex he teased and made love with deliberate sensuality. Felipe began repositioning Alex full on the bed until they were in a missionary position, locked in each others arms and mouths they continued making love. Felipe reared up no longer able to hold his orgasm, he stopped kissing and looked Alex in the eye crushing his pelvis hard against Alex's arse releasing multiple ribbons of his cum in to him. The force of his orgasm had Alex pushing his head back 'Argh, yes, oh Felipe' he cried out, his heart thumping in his chest. Quickly his mouth was attached to Felipe again in a frenzied kiss, they rolled on to their sides with Alex's legs firmly secured around Felipe's body, his cock still intensely hard and buried as deep as he could get it in his prince. Felipe pulled Alex even closer wrapping his arms around the young body. His hips moving back and forth already in to fucking Alex for a second time. Almost in unison Felipe was reaching his orgasm again, his arm held Alex in the kiss, he could sense the subtle change in Felipe's body. Without even thinking Alex squeezed his legs around Felipe's waist pulling him in deeper, the actions triggering his own orgasm. Felipe built his momentum quickly surprising Alex and battering the prince's arse until he started releasing his second load. Instead of stopping he continued the rampage going even harder until he was sure every last drop of cum had left his balls. It took almost half an hour for them both to calm down until they laid perfectly still and kissing.

Felipe rolled on to his back "Sorry this is such a short visit" he said warmly.
Alex leaved over and kissed him "I know, we are both busy this time" he said.
"I go on location next week for a couple of months maybe you come see me?" Felipe asked.
Alex contemplated a moment "Text me the details and I will see what I can do" he replied.
Felipe put a finger to Alex's mouth "I understand how difficult it is for you" he said kindly.
Alex kissed him on the lips "Thank you Felipe" he said staring in to his eyes.
Felipe tongue lashed Alex making him giggle during an intense kiss "Stop teasing" he said.

With that it was over, Felipe dressed and sneaked out back to his room. Alex showered cleaning himself up, sex was great but yet again the person was gone leaving Alex alone. The shadow of loneliness shrouded him leaving him feeling incomplete. Alex hung the towel up and crept out of his bedroom in to the dimly lit lounge then headed over to Liam's bedroom. His hand held the doorknob for several minutes deciding if this was a good thing, right now he needed Liam's company. Quietly he opened and closed the door and crept over to the bed standing there looking a dark mass that was his body, even in the dark he could see the impressive outline of the muscles and body. Suddenly Liam turned over and pulled the sheet back.

"Get in and stop staring at me" Liam said sleepily.
Alex climbed in and cuddled up to his protection officer "Thanks" Alex said timidly.

Liam pulled the sheet over their heads and he kissed Alex full on for a several minutes 'Now go to sleep' he said said softly stroking Alex's back, something he had discovered that was Alex's weak spot that relaxed him quickly. Alex woke finding himself in that precious spooning position with Liam, he kissed Liam's hand and slipped out of bed to make his way back to his room. Closing the door quietly he strode across the lounge getting a whiff of fresh coffee.

"There you are!" came Artem's voice, "Can't believe you did that again" he said.
Alex stood there slightly embarrassed "Don't judge me" he said walking over to him.
Artem chuckled "Here join me for coffee" he said watching Alex sit opposite him.
"Do you think there is something wrong with me?" Alex asked taking Artem by surprise.
Artem shook his head "No Alex, you are horny all the time" he said genuinely then giggled.
"It is just Liam seems to get me, understands me" Alex tried explaining away.
Artem smiled "He is the closest person to you, besides me. I am not here to judge you".
He could see Alex was slightly nervous "I owe you so much Alex" Artem informed him.
Alex contemplated him for a moment "No you don't Artem, I took a fancy to you" he admitted.
Artem chuckled "I know" he replied reassuring him, "If I was gay we would definitely do it".
Alex smiled and nodded, "Can I kiss you Alex?" Artem asked straight out.
"Oh" Alex replied looking at him, "I am not sure we should" he trying to let him down gently.
He could tell Artem went all weird "Why do you want to kiss me?" Alex asked.
Artem shrugged "Want to see what it is like" he replied almost spilling his drink from nerves.

Alex pondered him for a moment and looked behind to make sure Liam was not around, he was not about to question Artem's reason. Alex leaned forward and gently pressed his lips against Artem's without physically kissing him. It was Artem who was more responsive to the sensation parting his lips by mere millimetres. Alex diligently watched him for a few seconds before leaning in repeating the action only this time he made a kiss sound to see how he now reacted. 

Artem opened his eyes and looked at Alex "Is that it?" he asked unimpressed by it.
Alex laughed "What do you want?" he asked, "A full on kiss with tongues?".
Artem looked blankly at Alex and then nodded his head a couple of times "Okay" Alex replied.

If it was anyone else Alex would have laughed it off and walked away, inside though he had always had a fancy for Artem ever since that day he argued with Lipscombe and first clapped eyes on him. The last thing he needed was things getting awkward between them, having known him for quite a while now he figured that Artem wouldn't let this get in the way, good or bad. Alex acutely aware that Liam could come of his bedroom or the butler might turn up suggested they go in to his room so he could shower and change. Artem nodded despite looking like he had been turned down, he followed Alex and closed the door then walked towards the wardrobe but Alex gently took his arm turning him so they were face to face. Artem gulped silently and this time he leant forward to initiate the kiss. Softly he brushed his lips against Alex's mouth, the tender response from Alex moving his lips performing the perfect first kiss. Artem kissed him again with his lips slightly more parted with Alex matching him, it was Artem who slowly explored pushing his tongue against the inside of the warm lips. Their mouths slowly parting more with Artem leading the kiss and Alex responding tentatively. The sound of a kiss filled the air as Alex pulled away and smiled.

"Well?" Alex asked studying him carefully.
Artem stared at him silently for a few seconds then shrugged "Don't know, I mean it was nice".
Alex laughed "Nice!" he replied moving in and giving Artem a hug, "You are a good kisser!".
Artem grinned slightly embarrassed by the compliment "Did nothing for me" he said.
"I hope not!" Alex replied chuckling, "Come on I need to get ready".
Liam walked in to the bedroom carrying his cup of coffee wearing only boxers "Morning".
Alex chuckled "Such a flirt" Alex said nodding at Liam.
Artem turned "I would be if I had a body like that" he replied.
"Shut up the pair of you" Liam said sitting on the bed, "What time we leaving?" he asked.
"Thirty minutes" Alex replied, "We were discussing how much of a tart you are".
"You wish" Liam replied drinking his coffee, "Prince Tart" he said mocking Alex.

So some days really turn out to be weird and as duty comes before self Alex was getting ready for another day of meetings then dinner with Lady Trasilion and the foundation partners. Tonight they were to be guests of two members of the British royal family, this meant royal dress yet again for him and Liam accompanying him as his protection officer. Alex was dressed and ready for his day ahead, Liam had offered to take the notes for Artem allowing him a day to explore the city under his own steam and pace, promising he wold sort his royal dress out before he left and would be back in time to help Alex. Liam popped his head around the bedroom door advising the car was here and Alex kissed Artem on the cheek more of a reassuring kiss that they were good and Artem smiled and nodded. On his return to change Artem had everything prepared so it was a quick change before Alex and Liam left leaving Artem to a quiet night where he was going out again exploring London. 

Arriving at the Ritz there was a throng of photographers and television reporters that generally followed British royalty. They were taking pictures and a few of them shouted across 'Your highness this way please' they were pleading with Alex to face them. As usual Alex was too kind to ignore them and walked slowly facing the cameras and waving before he disappeared inside with Liam by his side, this was one dinner where Liam couldn't attend and he stood with the British royal protection officers. For Alex it was hard going watching Felipe down the table and Liam over to one side, he was vaguely aware of the London foundation partner talking about an art showing in Knightsbridge by the aspiring artist whose name he heard that day in the conference but tuned out halfway.

"Your highness" Lady Trasilion interrupted Alex's thoughts, "Would you like to attend?".
"Yes Lady Trasilion, sorry attend what?" he replied unsure what was now happening.
"The art showing in Knightsbridge, tomorrow evening?" Lady Trasilion recapped.
"Oh.. I am not versed in art as such" Alex admitted, "But for you yes I will" he replied.
"Can we make sure it is a low key thing though?" Alex now asked.
"It will have to be, the artist is very casual" she replied, "Your protection officer will need to dress down".
Alex chuckled "Good luck there" he said making her laugh.

Now everything seemed to be fitting in to the puzzle about the aspiring artist, Alex was putting the sums together realising that they were trying to get the artist involved with the charity.  He had an idea he was not going just as a guest but more to impress the artists and show him off.

A few streets away in the Dirty Duck wine bar Gareth sat there with Max enjoying a drink and having a catch up. Just above them the TV was playing with the late evening news being aired and the middle segment of the broadcast with the headlines 'The Duke and Duchess and Dorset host a dinner at the Ritz for the International HIV Foundation, amongst the guest were the famous Spanish actor Felipe Morales and European royalty Prince Alexander of Monrovia who is patron of the charity'. The volume on the TV was drowned out by the noise of people talking, Max noticed several people nodding and smiling watching the television above them. The article ended just as Max looked up to see what they were looking at then engaging back with his conversation with Gareth telling him about the disastrous date he had been on a few nights earlier. Nothing or no one was coming anywhere near to what he had felt for this Alex guy in Mauritius.

Later that night after doing a little research on this Asa guy that he knew why they wanted Alex to attend, he was definitely being pimped out as a showpiece to entice the artist who was gay. Alex put his phone down and turned off the light giggling away to himself until he fell asleep with the image of the artist in his head.

• Like 7
  • Piggy 1

Would this gallery event just conveniently happen to occur in the gallery where Max works as a curator of contemporary art (as we learned on his first appearance in the story)? I wonder if Max is going to get a severe attack of cold feet when he realizes Alex's status and position? This suspense is really keeping me hooked on your story!

• Like 2

Part 26 - The Curator & The Prince

Alex woke to the sound of Artem bringing him coffee and putting it on the table beside his bed, observing royal protocol then jumping on the bed sitting next to him and chatting. Today was the last of the formal conference meetings which meant the day after they could go off agenda and have less formal talks bringing any ideas to the table. Being asked to give the key note speech that afternoon Alex was prepared as best he could be, the idea was daunting at first yet now he knew each and everyone of the partners he was less scared of it. He only had to remember not to look at Felipe as this would put him off. After lunch and speaking with crystal clarity and confidence then receiving a standing ovation when he finished, they praised his contribution to the charity which was now flourishing even more with his royal patronage. Liam watched from the side utterly overwhelmed and impressed by Alex, his casual but royal approach was outstanding without the stuffiness of the occasion where the partners appeared relaxed and clearly loved being able to talk with him quite openly. Alex had learnt so much about the charity and the work it does in the communities. Liam didn't go unnoticed either, always at the side protecting the prince he was becoming a regular attendee at events and the partners always took care of him taking time to talk and make sure he was involved being such an integral part of having a royal patron. A few patrons were disappointed that Artem was given time off to explore London, they knew Artem was the key to the prince's diary and kept in with him in case they wanted Alex to attend any events.

Felipe walked over to Alex "Your highness" he said bowing his head gracefully.
"Mr Morales" Alex replied shaking his hand.
"Wonderful speech" Felipe informed Alex, "I have a premier at the end of January in LA" he said.
Alex grinned "And what of it?" he asked, "You want me to attend?".
Felipe nodded "I Would love you to attend at least one of them" he replied.
Alex smiled "Send me the dates and I will get Artem to block the time out" he said.
"Gracias" Felipe replied, "The studio will pay for you and a guest to attend".
Alex nodded "Thank you, it will need to be four people, Liam and Artem will need to fly with me".
"Of course, it is not a problem" Felipe replied bowing his head.

They carried on chatting for a few minutes whilst Alex began thinking about who, if anyone he would take to LA. He was definitely bubbling with excitement at the thought of going to LA and when he told Liam he shook his head knowing how hard his work would be. The rest of his afternoon was taken up with Lady Trasilion and was very clear to Alex and Liam that the artist was very typical of a young modern impressionist artist, casual with no formal dress sense and expected the same at his gallery showings. She revealed they had been working on Asa to join the charity and be involved in some capacity but he had yet to give a proper answer. Alex invited Lady Trasilion to the royal suite for a drink before they were due to attend and she arrived at 6pm nodding her approval of how Alex and Liam were dressed in jeans and shirt. Alex showed Liam a picture of the artist revealing a 26 year slim guy with brown shoulder length hair that was part curly and wavy, a stubble half beard was the best way to describe what was growing on his face. The piercing blue eyes and a very handsome looking man which caused Liam to smirk looking at Alex and wondering if this was the type of man who could sweep his prince off his feet.

Rushing around in the art gallery where Max was making final adjustments with Asa, the artist. Asa allowed Max to get away with a lot since he had a thing for Max and always flirted openly with him but could never make any progress since Max was strictly business as far as Asa was concerned. He liked the flirting and gave as good back when they were alone, from this they had become good friends and the reality was Asa trusted Max implicitly about his decisions. It had been several months since they had seen each other and Asa found that Max was slightly different since his holiday with the guys.

"You still single then Max?" Asa asked adjusting another painting.
Max slapped his hand out of the way and readjusted it "Yes, had my heart stolen on holiday".
Asa stopped and looked at him "Is that why you seem different, by who?" he asked curiously.
Max brushed it off "Some guy I met in Mauritius" he replied contemplating, "Doesn't matter".
"Come on Max, someone got to you?" Asa asked, "What happened did Gareth the gorilla put them off?".
Max chuckled "No Gareth did not put him off" he replied, "In fact he turned Gareth down for sex".
"Shit no way!" Asa replied laughing, "So he must have been really keen on you?" he now asked.
Max shrugged "I think so, but we forgot to exchange numbers so I will never know" he said sadly.
"Worst night of my life" Asa suddenly said moving to next picture, "Sex with Gareth".
Max smirked "I still can not believe you went there" he replied pricing the painting then chuckled.
Asa shook his head "Wanted to try what it was about, he was way to demanding for my liking".
"And you are not?" Max replied laughing knowing Asa only to well on the man front.
Max looked at him "And you, have you found anyone or still sleeping around?" he asked.
"Waiting for you Max" Asa replied laughing and handing him a price tag, "So who is coming?".
"Usual list of our collectors and we publicised the showing so who knows" Max replied.
Asa nodded "I know Lady Trasilion is coming, she is still trying to get me on that charity".
Max chuckled "I guess she doesn't take no for an answer, maybe you should do it, good publicity for your career".
"I guess" Asa replied, "I want to paint you naked" he said making Max laugh.
"I know you do, maybe, one day, perhaps" Max replied without commitment.

The WhiteGuards gallery owner checked Max and Asa were ready and at 7pm the doors were opened and people began wandering in. Gareth and Louis appeared along with Max's parents all of whom were very avid supporters of Max in his career as well as Asa. It didn't take long for the gallery to be bustling with guests drinking wine and eating canapes as they wondered through the expansive rooms of the gallery. Admiring the works and beginning to snap pieces up quickly, despite the artist still relatively unknown he had a flair for imagination and seducing the viewer in, the erotica in gallery 4 sold out within thirty minutes completely astounding Asa.

Outside the gallery the headlights of the limousine slowly approached the building.

"Here we are" Margarite said as the chauffeur pulled up in front of the brightly lit gallery.
Liam hurried out and opened the door for Alex bowing his head in protocol "Your highness".
"Keep close Liam" Alex said looking a little apprehensive at this unofficial engagement.
The gallery owner rushed out of the door "Lady Trasilion how lovely to see you again" David said.
"Thank you David, I have two guests with me hope that is alright" she replied.
"Of course" David replied shaking hands with Liam, "Welcome to WhiteGuards gallery" he said.
He move towards Alex then stumbled "Oh my!" he said looking shocked "Your royal highness".
David bowed his head "Pleased to meet you David" Alex said offering his hand.
"This is such an honour for us your highness" David said shaking his hand gently.
"David" Lady Trasilion spoke interrupting him, "Less royalness please" she said.
"Yes of course" David replied, "Please follow me".

Alex followed behind Lady Trasilion and in front of Liam and were taken over to a waiter who offered them a glass of wine, David pointed out that Asa was in gallery 3 mingling around. Alex insisted Lady Trasilion went to meet the artist whilst he and Liam casually walked around looking at the pieces of art hanging on the walls. It wasn't long before Liam had Alex laughing since he knew nothing about art except for the portrait paintings hanging in the palace.

Liam leaned in to Alex "Complex, disentanglement of the artists imagination" he said confidently.
Alex looked at him "You are full of crap sometimes" he replied as they both giggled.
"Actually it is not bad" Liam suddenly said, "Contemporary art I guess".
"Hmm... looks like a painting by a person who chooses to paint like a child or is a child" Alex said.
Liam chuckled "That is very demeaning" he said smirking.
"Isn't meant to be, it is what I see" Alex said studying the painting in more details.
"Accurate interpretation" David said standing behind them, "He painted that when he was six".
Alex looked a little horrified realising he was heard "I didn't mean anything".
David smiled "Actually you are the only person who has ever interpreted it correctly".
Alex nodded looking back at it "So how much is it?" he asked almost to scared to ask.
"Not for sale your... sir" David replied, "It is in the artists private collection".
"Gallery 2 is where you find some of his recent works" David suggested guiding them through.
Alex looked at his book "And gallery 4, you know the err..." he glanced down at his book again.
"Ah yes the erotica artwork" David chuckled, "All sold out but still available for viewing".
"Thank you" Alex replied following him through the crowds.
"Take your time, the curator is in there if you have any questions and the artist is around" David said leaving them.

Alex and Liam took there time looking at each piece of work which was certainly better than the first piece they saw as they moved along from painting to painting. Both of them had no idea what they were looking at and constantly referred to the catalogue that provided an insight in to the artist depiction. Despite them both not having a clue they were enjoying themselves as this was something completely different for them both. The paintings were very good and they could see a pattern in how each piece was painted that clearly defined the artists work and brushstrokes that came evident with each painting. Liam went back to the first painting in the gallery and Alex stood in front of number six called Silver Lake, it actually captured something in Alex's eye and imagination, his head was cocked to one side whilst he studied it in more detail whilst Liam moved on to the next one. Max moved through the gallery and saw the back of a guy dressed in jeans and shirt who seemed to be spending a lot of time studying Silver Lake, in fact this was Max's favourite painting as well. He walked over to the young man.

"Silver Lake" Max said, "Asa painted this when he was in Italy last year staying at Lake Como".
"One of my favourite paintings that captures a very serene moment in time" Max added.

It took a moment for the words to sink in then the voice that he recognised but couldn't place immediately, then the flashback to laying on the beach staring in to the nervous eyes of the person who sole his heart, remembering the time and place. Then sitting on the balcony overlooking the ocean enjoying a casual dinner with butterflies whenever he looked him in the eye. A wave of nausea ran over him like never before that was hard to determine if it was excitement or dread. Alex bit down on his lip almost afraid to turn in case it wasn't who he hoped would be standing there, slowly he shuffled his feet turning to face him.

"Max!" Alex said softly feeling a surge of warmth and excitement coursing through his body.
Max smiled and then looked at him for a moment completely stunned "Alex!" he exclaimed staring at him.
There was a weird silence between then "What are you doing here?" Max asked going all flustered.
"Sort of working, what are you doing here?" Alex asked in return unsure what to say.
Max looked around "I work here" he replied then stared opened mouth at Alex.
"It really is you!" Alex said softly, "I thought I would never see you again Max".
"I can't believe it, that you are standing here in front of me" Max now said boiling over with love.
"Max, Max, calm down" Alex said grabbing his arms, "It really is you" he said almost crying with emotion.
Max pulled Alex forward hugging him tightly "Alex!" he said in anguish holding him tighter.

In a contrasted moment where forgot where and who he was he kissed Max who happily returned hugging and holding on to Alex like he was about to disappear again. Liam looked over and panicked having lost sight of Alex, quickly he focused in and realised that someone had hold of his prince. Automation mode engaged seeing those arms hugging almost forcing the prince in his arms. Liam flew across the gallery floor in protection mode. Weather friend or foe it didn't matter, touching the prince like this was just not done and put him at great risk. With force he separated Max pulling Alex behind him, he didn't clock on that it was Max since his primary focus was the safety of the prince.

"Your highness are you okay?" Liam asked looking at him whilst holding Max at arms length.
The colour in Alex's face drained fearing what was going to happen "I am fine Liam it is Max!".
"What?" Liam said in shock then looking at Max. He was looking at them both weirdly.
"Your highness?" Max questioned glancing from one to the other and taking a few steps back, "Is this some joke?".
Alex freaked seeing the look "Max please let me explain" he said pleading and moving forward.
"Is he joking?" Max asked staring at Alex and holding his hand up trying to figure them both out.
Alex stepped forward "Max" Alex said calmly, "Please let me explain this" he pleaded.
"What did he mean by your highness?" Max asked looking confused and like he didn't know Alex at all now.
Max shook his head "No, no, no. This can't be right" he said taking another step back.
Alex stepped forward "Your highness" Liam said holding Alex's arm.
"Stop calling me that!" Alex said getting angry with a tear rolling down his face in anguish.
Max walked backwards away from Alex "Max please!" Alex pleaded again but Max ran from the gallery.
"Get away from me!" Max exclaimed loudly storming off.

Gareth picked up a glass of wine for Max then saw him rushing out the door and standing on the pavement like he didn't know where to run, a scared and lost child that paced up and down. Gareth put the glasses back and quickly he ran outside calling Max who had a very upset look on his face.

"What happened?" Gareth asked grabbing hold of Max, "You look like you have seen a ghost".
Max stared at him still in shock "Al... Alex is here" he finally managed to say.
"What inside?" Gareth now asked looking taken back at his nodding, "So what's the problem?".
"I don't know" Max said, "I mean it is him" he sniffed, "I mean not him" he made no sense.
Max stared at Gareth "I knew there was something mysterious about him" he added.
"Max!" Alex called coming out the door, "Please let me explain" he said rushing over.
"Explain what?" Max asked looking at him, "How you played me, took me for a fool that you could play with?".
Liam quick as ever was hot on Alex's heels "You don't need to explain yourself" he said to Alex.
Asa then appeared wondering if the party was now outside "Max are we partying out here now?" he joked.
Liam looked at Asa who looked at him then Alex "Oh my god!" Asa said looking at Alex in surprise.
Gareth was still perplexed "Someone tell me what is going on here?" he asked.
Asa knew exactly who Alex was and bowed "Your highness, I apologise for my outburst" he said.
"What?" Gareth said sounding more confused scratching his head.
Alex though was looking at Max "Gareth" Liam said getting his attention, "This is Prince Alexander".
Gareth stared for a moment then laughed "Okay whose joke is this?" he asked finding it amusing.
Asa turned to him "Gareth this is His Royal Highness Prince Alexander of Monrovia" he said.
Gareth looked stumped "I am Prince Alexander's protection officer" Liam added.
"And neither of you thought to tell Max this in Mauritius?" Gareth now asked looking annoyed.
Max shook his head "Fair play to both of you. You really did a number on me!" he said to Alex.
"Max" Alex pleaded, "I wanted to tell you Max, only it just never seemed right" he explained.
"Right?" Max questioned still pacing around, "You steal my heart then probably laughed about it".
"No!" Alex replied standing in front of him, "That was the real me you got know" he said.
Max stared at him "I can't deal with this right now" he said shaking mostly from shock.
Max walked a few steps then turned "I mean, who fucking hell are you?" he asked then walked off.

Max walked back in to the gallery promptly downing a glass of wine before disappearing in to the crowd. His head was conflicted and all over the place, he knew he would not be able to think this through properly. Gareth looked at Alex and Liam shaking his head then walked back in to the gallery leaving Asa, Liam and Alex standing on the pavement. Liam put his arm around Alex and called for the car.

"Can you let Lady Trasilion know we will send the car back for her" Liam informed Asa.
"No wait, please don't go, I mean crap royalty at my viewing" Asa said excited.
Alex shook his head "We should leave Asa I am sorry for ruining this evening".
Asa stopped "You are the one he fell head over heels for!" he said putting the pieces together.
Alex looked at him "You know about me then?" he asked.
"God yes!" Asa replied, "Max has been completely weird since his return from holiday".
Alex glanced through the gallery window "Please stay as my guests" Asa pleaded. 
Alex looked at Liam "Can we stay a bit longer, I have to try and speak to Max" he said nervously.
"No your highness, it is best to leave Max for the moment" Asa said making sure Alex understood.
"Trust me when Max gets in his head you have no chance getting through to him" Asa advised.
"Come have a drink with me" Asa said inviting them back in, "Dam you are hot" he said to Liam.
Liam dazzled him with a smile "Prince here ain't bad looking either" Asa added winking at Alex.
Alex smiled finding Asa funny, flirty in very down to earth way "Pretty hot yourself" he said.
Asa laughed "Your highness please retain what dignity you have left " Liam warned grinning.
Asa handed them both a drink "So you here with Lady Trasilion then?" he asked.
"Yes" Alex replied, "I am here on charity work with her" he said thanking him for the wine.
"Oh yeah I know you are the patron, she badgers me enough" Asa replied forgetting his manners.
Alex smiled "So you know why we are here then?" he asked.
Asa nodded, "You involved as well?" he asked Liam.
"A little" Alex replied for Liam, "Got involved by default as he is always  hanging around".
"Your highness is everything okay?" Lady Trasilion asked making her way over to him.
"Yes Margarite, well sort of" Alex replied clearly trying to see if Max had appeared.
"I see you have met the aspiring artist who owes me an answer" Margarite noted.
Asa laughed "You win Lady T" he said putting his arm around Alex, "I will join".
Liam shuffled forward and quickly removed Asa's arm "Hands off the prince please" he said.
"Sorry I ain't much good in the presence of royalty" Asa said apologising profusely.
"Man I would love to get you in bed" Asa said to Liam chuckling and admiring his body.
Liam smirked shaking his head "I would break you like a twig" he said patting his shoulder.
Asa shook his head "Dam now you have made my knob hard touching me" he said getting lost in Liam's looks.
"Asa" Alex spoke, "Silver Lake painting I want to buy it please" he said.
Asa turned to him and smiled "Nope, my gift to you" he said holding his hand up stopping Alex from protesting.
"Thank you Asa" Alex said genuinely, "But I want to gift it to Max he likes it".
"Well I have a duplicate in my studio if you want one as well" Asa offered.
Alex nodded "Yes I would, but let me pay for it Asa" he said this time holding his hand up.
"No your highness. But you could let me paint your portrait" Asa said winking at Alex, "Naked".
Liam stepped in "Chill out Liam" Alex said, "He will be like this until he knows you" he said.
Alex tapped his chin "Okay you paint my portrait for my birthday but not naked!" he replied making Asa smile.

Liam relaxed a little bit changing his attitude towards Asa knowing that if his prince said that it was good enough for him his judgement could be trusted, the next hour was spent chatting away with Asa whilst Alex constantly scanned the room for Max. Lady Trasilion got wind of what was distracting the prince from Asa who was savvy enough to know when two people had a connection that needed fixing and a plan was put in place with Liam's help before the evening ended. The car arrived and Alex departed with Liam and Lady Trasilion, he had one last look to see if Max was around, his heart was breaking and he knew he would have to come back and find him. He wasn't going to let Max go a second time without a fight, whatever it took. 

Max was distraught and finding it hard to think on his feet, clearly distracted and unsure what to make of the revelation that unfolded. He knew deep down that what he felt for Alex was so different from anything else and seeing him again only enforced that, but the revelation of who he really was just wouldn't go away. He felt stupid, played, deceived. In fact anything he could think of was how he felt right now. Max walked through to gallery two and glanced over at the Silver Lake painting then realised it had a sold sticker on it, which didn't help matters as he was hoping to buy it and was working on his parents to buy it for him for Christmas. His parents came over noticing the distracted look on Max's face using the excuse he was slightly stressed at how busy it was, hiding his true feelings and anger that was boiling in his body.

Alex walked in to the royal suite and Artem came out of his room to attend, immediately he spotted something was not right with Alex and Liam who was following with a worried look on his face. Liam indicated for Artem to go back to his room whilst he followed the prince in to his bedroom. The way he walked showed a very deflated person and Liam closed the door and put his arms around Alex who immediately had a melt down. Alex felt unable to hide or control his emotions any more, the whole evening had been a complete disaster as far as he was concerned and right now he needed his stable rock in the form of Liam. Artem ordered hot chocolate and brought the mugs in to the bedroom, the sight almost making his heart break. Liam sat on the window seat with Alex resting his head on his lap whilst Liam stroked him. Liam looked up and smiled mouthing the word Max to him and Artem knew their paths must have somehow crossed this evening.

"Is he alright?" Artem asked quietly handing a mug of chocolate to Liam.
"Thanks" Liam replied and nodded, "It didn't go well" he simply said.
"That is an understatement!" Alex said lifting himself to a seated position his eyes now red.
"Your hurting?" Liam asked softly, Alex nodded holding on tighter to Liam.
Liam kissed him on the forehead and undid Alex's shirt "I told you we would be here for you".
"What a mess!" Alex said down beaten and accepting the mug offered by Artem.

Artem sat next to Alex and rubbed his knee whilst they drank their hot chocolate in silence. Artem took the mugs and left Liam and Alex alone.

"I just want to go to bed" Alex said standing up, "I need to forget all about him it is a lost cause".
Liam stood "I am not leaving you alone tonight" he said beginning to undress Alex.
"You don't need to do this" Alex said moving his shoulders so Liam could take the shirt off.
Liam looked at him "It was my slip of the tongue Alex" he admitted making it clear.
Alex shook his head "No Liam, you were doing your job" he said correcting him.
Alex half smiled wiping his eyes "Why is everything so complicated Liam?" he asked.
Liam folded Alex's clothes "Maybe Max is the right person for you Alex" he said kindly.
Alex shook his head "It is my title, people just can't accept it. Maybe I should..." he started.
"No!" Liam said putting his hands on Alex's shoulder "You are a prince by birth and right".
Alex looked at him "Stand tall Alex, you are who you are and you are a magnificent prince and person" Liam added.
"What did you mean by Max is the right person?" Alex asked pulling himself together.
"He freaked out, shows he truly didn't know who you are" Liam explained, "We need to work on him".

Liam picked Alex up carrying him to bed allowing Alex to fall in to his arms, it wasn't long before Alex moved and wiped his eyes still upset about the whole evening. Liam refusing to let go of him stroked his back slowly until the prince began breathing steadily as he fell asleep. Liam laid there wondering why the hell Max had behaved so weirdly, it was not as if Alex had ever lied to him so maybe it was shock at finding out that he had fallen in love with a prince.

The following day was no better and he was off his game in the meetings a little, he couldn't help noticing the discreet conversations going on between Margarite and Liam. Frankly Alex wanted to go home and didn't care what was going on, he only had one more day to get through and was glad to be back at the hotel where he could shut the existence of Max outside the doors. Settling down to a quiet dinner with Liam and Artem in the suite, Alex picked himself up as usual and started to enjoy himself being in their company, Liam slightly nervous and worrying about tonight and the secret plan they had hatched with the gallery owner, it was going to be one massive gamble. Something had to be done to bring Max to his senses and they needed to be alone together and discover for themselves if it was all or nothing for the prince and curator.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

The course of true love never runs smooth... Not the reunion we were all hoping for but I'm sure that Max will come round. Liam had to intercede but I'm sure he is filled with remorse at letting the cat out of the bag. I've a feeling he is going to do everything in his power to reunite the star crossed lovers. A great twist in this excellent tale...

• Like 1

@losolent

OMG! I am loving this story!  I cannot wait to find out the plan that was laid.  It definitely is not the reunion I was hoping for but the foreshadowing of how Max had been hurt by deceivers in the past ties to how he would react finding out Alex had not told him of his royal title.  This is so great! Loving every minute and loving how you built the personality of Asa 🙂 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AznslutSF said:

@losolent

OMG! I am loving this story!  I cannot wait to find out the plan that was laid.  It definitely is not the reunion I was hoping for but the foreshadowing of how Max had been hurt by deceivers in the past ties to how he would react finding out Alex had not told him of his royal title.  This is so great! Loving every minute and loving how you built the personality of Asa 🙂 

Thank you and happy new year