11 hours ago, rawfuckr said:

STI history is a pretty good benchmark. I'm a bit concerned there won't be good triaging here, and given the super limited quantities, they'll give tons to the worry bees that have sex once every 2 years.

In this case, they may be just as suceptible as those of us that like to have sex once every couple of hours. At least here there are a lot of them that engage in foreplay for hours on end. I know they won't touch a dick or let anyone touch theirs, but they are engaging in even more and more prolonged skin to skin contact than those of us that do have sex. I've been joking that I now have a health reason to avoid cuddling. Looking at Twitter last night, 3 of local self described "power cuddlers" have managed to catch it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Finally got my PCR results back and they are interesting. Not sure if this is common, but I got one PCR test for every single lesion. I had about 10, but we stopped at 7.  Some of the lesions were earlier ones (the white flat phase), had not burst and seemed innocuous. All of the 7 PCRs came back positive for MP. So innocent looking ones could be infectious too.

• Upvote 1

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, rawfuckr said:

Finally got my PCR results back and they are interesting. Not sure if this is common, but I got one PCR test for every single lesion. I had about 10, but we stopped at 7.  Some of the lesions were earlier ones (the white flat phase), had not burst and seemed innocuous. All of the 7 PCRs came back positive for MP. So innocent looking ones could be infectious too.

Actually even after it goes away it's still infectious until the skin regrows - which happens roughly a week later in most cases.

19 minutes ago, rawfuckr said:

Some of the lesions were earlier ones (the white flat phase), had not burst and seemed innocuous. 

My "white flat phase" came AFTER, not before, my pointy/pussy phase. But then again I only had 2-3 lesions on my skin (plus an unknown number in my ass).

On 7/19/2022 at 1:13 PM, rawTOP said:

[think before following links] https://www.science.org/content/article/there-s-shortage-monkeypox-vaccine-could-one-dose-instead-two-suffice

The problem is the CDC disagrees. But do they really know the product better than the CEO of the company that makes it?

It's important to note that the CEO in this case is an immunologist.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2022 at 3:16 PM, AlwaysOpen said:

Oh, and just a FYI- he wrote that there are 1000 cases in Berlin

Monkeypox has a  two week incubation period.  Most of those actually infected will not know it for a week or two.   The next few infection cycles are locked in now. In the worst case this is 7 (two wks / 2, since cases were roughly doubling every two days).  2 ^7 is 128.  In the worst case there are actually 128k men in Berlin infected (although it's more likely to be around a quarter or so of that).  

Berlin has 3.6M people. Approx. 20% are Gay males. 128k/720k means in the worst case 18% of Gay men in Berlin are infected now although it will take two wks approx. to show up (symptoms are a lagging indicator, esp. with this long incubation period).

Edited by fuckholedc

1 hour ago, fuckholedc said:

Berlin has 3.6M people. Approx. 20% are Gay males.

Where did you get the statistic that 20% of people in Berlin are "gay males"? Given that male/female ratios in a given geographic area tend to be roughly 50/50, that would mean roughly 2 out of 5 men are gay. Seriously?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I got it, having gotten the vaccine seemingly after contracting it but before having any symptoms. Honestly, it was almost nothing, possibly because the vaccine reduced symptoms. No fever, no flu-like symptoms. Three lesions on my face that could easily pass for bad acne spots, two on my arms and one on my back. That's it. One on my arm was bigger and definitely unusual looking. They all scabbed over in a few days. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BootmanLA said:

Where did you get the statistic that 20% of people in Berlin are "gay males"? Given that male/female ratios in a given geographic area tend to be roughly 50/50, that would mean roughly 2 out of 5 men are gay. Seriously?

Because it seems to me that 20% of Berlin men are Gay (it's definitely more that 10%).  But a much smaller % are piggy.  It's true I made that up but this is also a worst case back of the envelope estimate.

29 minutes ago, fuckholedc said:

Because it seems to me that 20% of Berlin men are Gay (it's definitely more that 10%).  But a much smaller % are piggy.  It's true I made that up but this is also a worst case back of the envelope estimate.

Well one article discussing HIV in Germany puts the % of MSM between 20 and 59 at 2.5% or 80,000 men. [think before following links] [think before following links] https://magazin.hiv/magazin/neuigkeiten/mediathek-berliner-forscher-entwickeln-schatzverfahren-10-prozent-der-schwulen-grosstadter-hiv-positiv/

Ill look at the actual data for Berlin after I return.

Edited by fuckholedc

Excerpt from link below:

"But this year more than 15,000 cases have been reported in countries that historically don’t see the disease. In the U.S. and Europe, the vast majority of infections have happened in men who have sex with men, though health officials have stressed that anyone can catch the virus.

It spreads mainly through skin-to-skin contact, but it can also be transmitted through linens used by someone with monkeypox. Although it's been moving through the population like a sexually transmitted disease, officials have been watching for other types of spread that could expand the outbreak.

Symptoms include fever, body aches, chills, fatigue and the bumps on parts of the body. The illness has been relatively mild in many men, and no one has died in the U.S. But people can be contagious for weeks, and the lesions can be extremely painful."

[think before following links] https://www.11alive.com/article/news/nation-world/monkeypox-std/507-2df38115-971f-4f36-984a-dbba0b4bbf29?utm_source=ground.news&utm_medium=referral

• Thanks 1

Was in Montreal's gay village yesterday and yes there is a booth for anyone who wants one the vax.  by the way it was cumunion and that place was empty, so I guess monkeypox is scaring everyone, still managed to fuck 9 guys and came in a 25 years old whose eyes rolled with pleasure when I told him he was getting poz load.

• Administrators

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/977532

Demand for the monkeypox vaccine in the U.S. is outpacing the nation's supply as the outbreak grows nationally and globally.

The U.S. has ordered nearly 7 million doses overall, but most of that won't arrive for months. About 372,000 doses have been received by the federal government so far, and 156,000 doses have been distributed nationally, according to The New York Times.

"We don't yet have all the vaccine that we would like in this moment," Rochelle Walensky, MD, the CDC director, told reporters on Friday.

The federal government made another 131,000 doses available to states and jurisdictions on Friday. The Department of Health and Human Services has ordered millions of doses, with 2.5 million coming later this year and 2.5 million arriving next year.

"It's like saying we have a tanker of water coming next week when the fire is happening today," Gregg Gonsalves, PhD, an epidemiologist at the Yale School of Public Health, told the newspaper.

^^^ This ^^^ is why it's important to refuse your 2nd dose if you've already gotten your first. There's not enough to go around and it won't make any difference to you if you get your 2nd shot next year when they'll get the extra doses.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, muscmtl said:

Was in Montreal's gay village yesterday and yes there is a booth for anyone who wants one the vax.  by the way it was cumunion and that place was empty, so I guess monkeypox is scaring everyone, still managed to fuck 9 guys and came in a 25 years old whose eyes rolled with pleasure when I told him he was getting poz load.

As he well should have. I would have too. 

Ok, so I may have skipped over the posts of people talking about their symptoms, mainly the sores/ lesions. I have not had any symptoms such as fever, body aches, chills, or painful sores on my body, no swollen lymph nodes, etc etc etc... BUT, i have had these red, flat, non-itchy and overall benign hives on my arms that, as of yesterday, have now begun to spread to my legs and feet, as well as my groin and pubic region. none of them hurt or itch, look scaly or even have white heads or puss pockets. 

I will be going to an urgent care soon, just cuz im paranoid as fuck about this kinda stuff, but i was wondering if anyone could calm my anxiety about all this, or if someone who has had or has MP could share their experience with the sore/ lesion aspect of the illness. any additional info and links would also be greatly appreciated!