BBRT Down? (Apparently back up now)

Wcbbpig

34 minutes ago, BlackDude said:

I found this to be an unnecessarily “sassy” response especially when you have paying members. This, along with some of the other complaints and concerns members on this site have addressed, Perfectly explains why this site is going down the tubes fast

I don’t know why so many of these types of businesses show a distain and an open contempt for their customer base

IMG_0244.jpeg

I thought the same. I'm currently not paying for membership, which is just as well. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ellentonboy said:

Now the other thing that has really angered me is that if you use a VPN you can no longer access the site.  Well, what if I am a paying member yet I want to protect my privacy online?  His refusal to allow access if you use a VPN is something new, that was not the case a year ago or eighteen months ago,  I think that is outrageous.  I know a VPN will not give you correct information if you are using the "geo" locator, but in this case you can't even sign in.  I just don't understand his logic.

The VPN thing pissed me off as well when I arrived in NYC and was looking to set up a basic account while I was there. My guess is that it is almost related to the problems that some members here are experiencing, i.e., they can't login from certain states. Maybe he's just a control freak. Who knows?

I let my paid membership expire.  It really wasn't worth it once I stopped travelling.  It isn't a great app for my region.  I've never dealt with Owner, but I have certainly read lots of interesting things in different forums over the years.  So, I can't comment on him specifically.

I find that most (if not all) guys on other apps all expert to fuck raw (yup even the married guys). 

I'm on PrEP (as are a lot of others now) and I get tested every 3 months at my PrEP clinic.  That's my only option with this clinic and I am 100% OK with it.

2 hours ago, BlackDude said:

I found this to be an unnecessarily “sassy” response especially when you have paying members. This, along with some of the other complaints and concerns members on this site have addressed, Perfectly explains why this site is going down the tubes fast

I don’t know why so many of these types of businesses show a distain and an open contempt for their customer base

IMG_0244.jpeg

Wow. WOW.

I work in IT and to send a response like this in the year of our lord 2024 just reads to me as “We are arrogant assholes and we are going out of business in 15 minutes”

• Like 1

Well this evening it is back up in Boston (as of 7:30 pm)

my take as a former marketing guy - and as a very non techy guy (bordering on Luddite) buying into preconceived notions on geeky guys as having no social skills… the message from them strikes me as being written by a geeky guy with no marketing skills having gotten a few too many emails asking “hey what’s going on??”

not to say that a “Hey guys we are REALLY sorry but …….” Would not have been VERY helpful in  building good will with their customers 

• Like 1

@ellentonboy - or/and everyone else I would be interested in what apps you find as good as bbrt for finding guys into bb sex

as an older guy in Boston I would love to get your feedback 

I have found Recon not to be a quick “hookup” site

Daddyhunt - it seems that Boston has a LOT more Daddies then boys (as yes I am agest … I don’t want to hook up with guys my age😉) … and as a non paying client I can’t sort by guys who are not condom users 

and does anyone use Manhunt anymore?  —- I feel a certain loyalty as they started n Boston… and one of the owners used to host these great spanking parties at his house (“mansion”)

so … especially guys my age … thoughts on what sites work for hookups?… as being an older guy I am not looking to have a date or two before we fuck … I am of the generation where you met at a bar (or movie theater or …) went home and fucked and then decided if you wanted to see (fuck) each other again 

1 hour ago, onlyraw said:

and does anyone use Manhunt anymore?  —- I feel a certain loyalty as they started n Boston… and one of the owners used to host these great spanking parties at his house (“mansion”)

I used to like MH.  But, it really went downhill when they eliminated the region-specific chat rooms and forced everyone into one room.  People were supposed to be able to create other chat rooms, but I found that they were unstable and usually lasted just a few seconds before I got dumped back into the single chat room.

In my area, I don't know of a good alternative to BBRT.  There are a lot of Sniffies users, but most of the profiles are completely empty or the guys are very young.  Fortunately, there are hundreds of BBRT users in the NYC/NJ area active at any one time.

8 hours ago, onlyraw said:

@ellentonboy - or/and everyone else I would be interested in what apps you find as good as bbrt for finding guys into bb sex

as an older guy in Boston I would love to get your feedback 

I have found Recon not to be a quick “hookup” site

Daddyhunt - it seems that Boston has a LOT more Daddies then boys (as yes I am agest … I don’t want to hook up with guys my age😉) … and as a non paying client I can’t sort by guys who are not condom users 

so … especially guys my age … thoughts on what sites work for hookups?… as being an older guy I am not looking to have a date or two before we fuck … I am of the generation where you met at a bar (or movie theater or …) went home and fucked and then decided if you wanted to see (fuck) each other again 

@onlyraw and @ellentonboy:
In the 3 years I had one of my recon accounts, I had a total of 1 email (the other one I had I was locked out of as I think I either deleted my email attached to it or I had a couple of "odd" messages "in the line of sale of personal services"). Not exactly inundated!

Manhunt (or was it silverdaddies?), I think, limited you to 1 email per day if you were a free member - not exactly conducive to communication if you had more than 1 member you were interested in send you a message on the same day.

In terms of apps? Sniffies is a little clunky (used it while in Manhattan in July/August, but with no success).

14 hours ago, ellentonboy said:

Now the other thing that has really angered me is that if you use a VPN you can no longer access the site.  Well, what if I am a paying member yet I want to protect my privacy online?  His refusal to allow access if you use a VPN is something new, that was not the case a year ago or eighteen months ago,  I think that is outrageous.  I know a VPN will not give you correct information if you are using the "geo" locator, but in this case you can't even sign in.  I just don't understand his logic.

I use NordVPN  - just checked it and I it still works - I logged out, connected to VPN (UK Server #1918) and was able to log in and use BBRT without issue.  I tried again with other servers and it worked fine.  Probably logging out before connecting to the VPN might be a good idea.  Likely also keeping in the same country helps too.  I note that Microsoft locks me out of my online accounts and makes me re-verify them  if my IP address changes country, which is a pain when travelling. Some VPN providers and servers are banned because they attract misuse. NordVPN seems to be fine for me. 

• Like 1