If You Are Negative And On Prep, Would You Consider A Long Term Relationship/marraige With Someone Poz

daddyboyleo

On 8/16/2016 at 9:27 PM, daddyboyleo said:

I've been married for 18 years, my husband and I are both Poz.

Back in the day when I was diagnosed most Negative guys I met wouldn't consider having a long term relationship with a Poz guy.

After many years of conversations with other Poz guys i found that my experience wasn't unique.

I wonder if PrEP has changed that?

Yes, but effective treatments already have.
And even in the early eighties I might have been scared, but when in love that would already have been stronger.

I think it's not so much about the med's available as seeing a person and not a diagnosis. 

On 6/29/2022 at 6:29 AM, BareLover666 said:

Yes, but effective treatments already have.
And even in the early eighties I might have been scared, but when in love that would already have been stronger.

I think it's not so much about the med's available as seeing a person and not a diagnosis. 

Person, not diagnosis. 

that’s why I like this site. Sex positivity. Thank you. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, HornyForManAss said:

Person, not diagnosis. 

that’s why I like this site. Sex positivity. Thank you. 

you're welcome.

nice dick, by the way.

Edited by Guest
added the 'nice dick' comment after seeing his profile as it is, a VERY nice dick.

It's the guy, his personality, his commitment to a life of honesty, recognizing and reveling in personhood, needing and having raw sex with many men that counts most; not whether or not he's poz. That's an ancillary issue.  

2 hours ago, hntnhole said:

It's the guy, his personality, his commitment to a life of honesty, recognizing and reveling in personhood, needing and having raw sex with many men that counts most; not whether or not he's poz. That's an ancillary issue.  

Totally totally agree with that

I was just starting to date a guy (he was neg) when I got tested- this was back in the mid 90s when it took two weeks to get test results back That I was poz and then another two weeks to get the T cell count back to find out that it was below 200 so I was told I had AIDS

we went on a few dates during this time - really nice dates (no sex just actual dates - although he had the most erotic touch  - I still phantasize about the feel of his finger tips surreptitiously sliding up my pants leg and grazing my ankle while he had knelt down to tie his shoes …. Damn - who knew tge ankle was an erogenous zone) and he was really nice and kind of hot (even with his bad toupee)

but his father was sick and his best friend was just told that she had cancer - and dating me was just one too many too sick people to deal with (I kind of understood- as I had just been told I had AIDS and was kind of freaking out) so he dumped me.

my best friend said that if I could deal with his toupee he should be able to deal with my AIDS (but well….)

jump to now 

there are nights when - after a cocktail or two and I find one of my old addresses books I will try and google my old boy friends to see what they are up to

When I looked him up - I find out that he died about 6 years ago of cancer 

I was lucky to get put on the cocktail right away and was soon below 50 (and then when they could count better) I became “undetectable”  and now 24 years later I’m doing fine

so just because one guy is neg and one poz - tells you nothing about medical risk and potential longevity 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

When I was neg I had poz fucks (top/btm/vers and bb/safe) plus at least one poz bf albeit months rather than years.
Pretty much the same post-conversion though not few bb neg hook-ups know about U=U if the convo gets that far.