Darkroom Locations?

ErosWired

Skilled players will be pre-lubed in the restroom for the first one. Tops would kick your hand away from the ass, bottoms will evaluate the potential to get fucked and reach out for your dick. If the hole is still dry when you grab one, that's when the individual packets of lube come in handy. Used to be a staple at most club locations and saunas, now a rarity replaced with buckets of useless condoms - they are mostly ignored. Tuck one baggie into your footwear if it's a naked night, or keep in hand. Others get fucked first time, then keep cum for lube for later. Sooner or later all holes would be slicked up.

Edited by skinster
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Sharp-edge said:

So, I'm kinda confused.  Is everyone lubed and ready to be fucked? because searching for lube is not very convenient in the dark. Secondly, how the top find the bottoms? 

Answer a: They had better be, or they’re going to get fucked dry.

Answer b: With their hands. A willing bottom is going to present ass-outward so that’s what gets found by hands fumbling in the dark. If somebody finds your mouth, expect something to be shoved into it. If somebody finds your cock hard, expect them to try to pull it into something wet. If it’s not hard, expect someone  to at least try to make it hard.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Sydney’s sauna 357 has a fairly good dark room which has two entrances, but one is down a dim passageway and the other through another smaller dark room. To keep dark rooms dark they need a semi dark entranceway like this or else they’d light up every time someone entered. The other nice feature of the 357 darkroom is a huge circular ‘bed’ as the centrepiece. Lots of guys would sit on the edge to suck passing cocks or bend over hoping to be fucked. 

1 hour ago, BB4fking said:

Sydney’s sauna 357 has a fairly good dark room which has two entrances, but one is down a dim passageway and the other through another smaller dark room. To keep dark rooms dark they need a semi dark entranceway like this or else they’d light up every time someone entered. The other nice feature of the 357 darkroom is a huge circular ‘bed’ as the centrepiece. Lots of guys would sit on the edge to suck passing cocks or bend over hoping to be fucked. 

Almost literally on the other side of the damn planet from here. When I started the thread, I had no idea the results were going to be this frustrating. Full disclosure for those of you living elsewhere than the United States - the phrase “Land of Opportunity” is sometimes not all that accurate. 🤨

Edited by ErosWired
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ErosWired said:

Almost literally on the other side of the damn planet from here. When I started the thread, I had no idea the results were going to be this frustrating. Full disclosure for those of you living elsewhere than the United States - the phrase “Land of Opportunity” is sometimes not all that accurate. 🤨

You know what all you need to have a taco truck in Mexico? A truck. And tacos. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Pozlover1 said:

You know what all you need to have a taco truck in Mexico? A truck. And tacos. 

The flaw in that comparison is that taco trucks are regulated in the U.S. out of rational concern about things like salmonella, E. coli, ptomaine, etc., and the fact that a wide cross-section of the community could be affected. By contrast, crackdowns on darkrooms at (ahem) Gentlemen’s Emporiums are largely moralistic crusades with the “health and safety” concerns merely a pretext for Prohibition.

Yet I would rather have the system we have here than the one in Mexico, where in certain states the hombre with his taco truck might one afternoon decide to use that same truck to block the road in front of some gringo from el Norte who has a nicer truck, shoot him in the head and make off with his nicer truck, knowing that the local policia are a fully-owned subsidiary of the cartel, and as long as he keeps moving those little bags along with his tacos, he’s got nothing to worry about.

6 minutes ago, ErosWired said:

The flaw in that comparison is that taco trucks are regulated in the U.S. out of rational concern about things like salmonella, E. coli, ptomaine, etc., and the fact that a wide cross-section of the community could be affected. By contrast, crackdowns on darkrooms at (ahem) Gentlemen’s Emporiums are largely moralistic crusades with the “health and safety” concerns merely a pretext for Prohibition.

Yet I would rather have the system we have here than the one in Mexico, where in certain states the hombre with his taco truck might one afternoon decide to use that same truck to block the road in front of some gringo from el Norte who has a nicer truck, shoot him in the head and make off with his nicer truck, knowing that the local policia are a fully-owned subsidiary of the cartel, and as long as he keeps moving those little bags along with his tacos, he’s got nothing to worry about.

My general belief that we are overregulated   by a corrupt gooberment still stands. 
 Dark rooms are an example of that in my opinion.

It's nothing new Pozlover.. I have memories from my first visit to San Fran some 26 years ago... I made a mistake and went to a sauna on Market st. They had people walking about actually checking that condoms were in use for fucking... and woe betide anyone giving head without the cock being covered..

Compared to other countries.. I'm afraid to say U are living in the "dark" ages...   Travel mate and enjoy life!!! 

On 1/26/2020 at 2:36 AM, Leather69 said:

It's nothing new Pozlover.. I have memories from my first visit to San Fran some 26 years ago... I made a mistake and went to a sauna on Market st. They had people walking about actually checking that condoms were in use for fucking... and woe betide anyone giving head without the cock being covered..

Compared to other countries.. I'm afraid to say U are living in the "dark" ages...   Travel mate and enjoy life!!! 

I live in LA. No one checks that now. No one wears condoms and if people ask to use one, most say no thanks. At least the places I go to here. But 26 years ago, it was a different story of course. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • Moderators
On 1/26/2020 at 5:36 AM, Leather69 said:

I used to visit that place quite often when I lived there (which just happened to be... about 26 years ago!). The staff wouldn't bother you for unwrapped oral sex, or at least they never did in my presence. I'm pretty sure guys would fuck bare too, sometimes - there were upper bunks where it wasn't particularly easy to see what people were up to. And of course, that was pre-HAART, so there really were good health reasons for the enforcement. But if you didn't like it, there were lots of other clubs in town with more lenient policies and staff. That one was, according to their marketing, "A Clean, Well-Lighted Place for Sex" (if memory serves).

There was a great Darkroom in Gran Canaria, amount of guys fucking me every night was awesome, flying back to UK always a swollen arse. When I went last year, it had changed, made smaller, lit up and not enough room to bend over.

Up North UK  saunas are getting better and darker..

• 3 weeks later...

Some of the places have already been mentioned but from my experience a true ‘dark room’ is rare - they all have an element of light getting in.

Dublin Boilerhouse had a dark room / corridor on the top floor. Always busy but just a bit narrow so you sometimes got stuck next to a couple of guys fucking, and couldn’t get past them. The room at the end, if I recall, had a skylight window, so it didn’t get fully dark.

Manchester Basement has a dark room, though the light from the corridor outside, lights up part of the room. So about 1/3 of the room is fully visible. Plus the room wasn’t that big to begin with, and contained no benches/seating.

Berlin Lab is pretty dark throughout, with the dark area/room (around from the main bar) takes some time for your eyes to adjustment. Shapes of people are visible, and some light does get in but it is fairly minimal. Again the corridor behind the back bar is almost dark but gets crowded easily.  I tried Sewer System night in Lab, as it promised “total darkness, search the meat”.  Yes, the place was pitch black with only candles at the bars and no lights anywhere ... except for the emergency exits signs, which lit up areas. Also people were wearing head torches so even the dark area/room was lit up more than a normal night.

Berlin Mutchmans had a dark basement-however it’s moving venue, so it’ll be interesting to see the new layout when it does finally reopen.

Gran Canaria Reds has a small dark(ish) room / large cubicle slightly L-shaped.  The alcove part of the room connected to the next cubicle as part of a raised fuck platform, so light comes in that way. Only really got dark when it was crowded and the light got blocked, but then too crowded to do anything.

Gran Canaria Zoo Bar has a bigger dark room (than Reds) and this is pretty dark (if you ignore the light coming in by the entrance area). Small bench in the back corner so you can bend over and wait for whoever.

Melbourne Club80 - ah, forgot about this place until I read the comment above. The first sex venue I ever attended, then went back weekly for months.  Probably changed by now, but the basement was huge, and they had a area cordoned off with oil drums from floor to ceiling, with access for getting in and out.  Pretty dark once in, and only a bit of light coming through the small gaps in the oil drums. However Club80 was a venue that you didn’t have to strip down to a jock or go naked. You could easily walk around in jeans and tshirt. Factor that with the oil drum area have a UV light, meant anyone in a white top then glowed or guys wearing a dark top and having dandruff also lit up.

Fickstutenmarkt isn’t a true dark room as such. Although is dark for the btms as you’re wearing a face mask. You can make out shapes through the material since the venue is normally lit. 

Saying all that, I always had fun and never left a venue without a sore ass and leaking cum - especially Berlin based venues.

Judging from the earlier comments I should try SLUT in Hamburg as my next venue.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/13/2020 at 6:17 AM, BB4fking said:

I remember a place in Montreal that had a dim basement room, and then another room with a low ceiling leading off that with no light except what was reflected in, and there was a heap of guys fucking raw during the times when condoms were the norm (as they were upstairs). I returned to Montreal a year later and walked the streets trying to find it again but couldn’t.

It could have been the sauna Centre-Ville on 1465 Sainte-Catherine. IT has a room in the basement with no lights at all, really hot because guys can fuck and get fucked totally anonymously. I used to visit and spend a lot of time in that room when condoms were still the norm and finding bareback bottoms willing to take loads were not as easy to find in those days. It was a paradise for guys like myself who were willing to get bred.  t was funny because sometimes a guy who would refuse to fuck me bare in my room, in the dark would fuck me and breed me no problem. Being a barebacker was shunned a bit back then.

I've always been looking for a sling inside a completely dark room, maybe very low indirect light to show shadows. A guy can fuck s9omeone on a sling without really seeing each other very well. I saw something like this in a sauna in Chile, with a sling in a fairly dark room. I still wanted darker.