PREP Effectiveness for Cumdumps ?

1 minute ago, bluedragon said:

Yes, it's wise to get a full STD screen and they do want to check kidney function as there is a small chance of side effects. Most competent STD  clinics should do this for you. However if you are having lots of risky sex now it makes sense to get on Prep without delay.

What about a risk of developing med resistance if he’s already POZ, and passing it on to others?

besides our own health to be responsible for, it’s still a pandemic we’re fighting and HIV is very good at adapting to medication.

2 hours ago, bluedragon said:

Yes, it's wise to get a full STD screen and they do want to check kidney function as there is a small chance of side effects. Most competent STD  clinics should do this for you. However if you are having lots of risky sex now it makes sense to get on Prep without delay.

That's actually exactly what you should NOT do with respect to PrEP. It's not just "wise" to get a full STD screen; you need to have a conclusive HIV test before starting PrEP, because if you're already infected with HIV and you're not on meds, taking PrEP (which isn't capable of fighting an already-active HIV infection) can end up producing HIV that is resistant to the two meds that make up PrEP - and those two meds are (with a third or fourth component) the basis of standard HIV treatment. If a patient ends up resistant to those two meds, any HIV treatment based around those two will be ineffective.

Seeking out and taking PrEP without the afore-mentioned screenings is a bad course of action. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, bluedragon said:

I think it's also important to remember that the correct comparison for the effectiveness of prep is not with abstinence: it's with the effectiveness of condoms

It is also important to remember that back in the 80s when condom use was first pushed it was called “safer” sex not “safe” sex 

as with so many things the general population  did not fully appreciate the subtle but important difference and shortened it to just “safe sex”

Bluedragon is right the only way to guarantee that you don’t get HIV through sex is to abstain

Condoms when used and used correctly are very (though not 100% effective)

but,… they can break (or be broken) slip off or be taken off, or be forgotten in the heat (or drunkenness) of the moment 

Everyone has to choose their own comfort level when it comes to what level of safer sex they will participate in

Fortunately science as had big advances since the  80s when condoms were our only choice

now in addition to condoms we know that 

poz tops can become undetectable and therefore untransmissible 

and we have PrEP

or you can do any combination of the above 

for bottoms the good thing to remember is that 

PrEP is only one of the options where they can be totally in control of their choice 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, BareLover666 said:

[think before following links] [think before following links] [think before following links] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-exposure_prophylaxis

Talk to your general practitioner / regular doctor and/or your local health clinic.  

Cost differs per country and I can't see what country your Mediterranean Island is part of.

Hi and thanks for the advice

6 hours ago, onlyraw said:

poz tops can become undetectable and therefore untransmissible 

and we have PrEP

or you can do any combination of the above 

for bottoms the good thing to remember is that 

Transmission of HIV can also go both ways (a POZ Bottom gifting it to a Top).
Apparently lower risks but only topping might give someone a false sense of safety. 

I don’t know exact specifics but I have a few friends that are cum whores and on prep. None of them have gotten it. They have gotten other Sti’s but remain hiv neg. One of them had a contest with me about a month ago to see how many loads we could get at the bath house and be won with 5 loads. I was 4 btw. Lol. He is still neg. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, BareLover666 said:

Transmission of HIV can also go both ways (a POZ Bottom gifting it to a Top).
Apparently lower risks but only topping might give someone a false sense of safety. 

BareLover666, Very true although extremely rare it is possible- I didn’t think of mentioning that as the topic was about cum slut bottoms using PrEP

but you are right anyone Fucking raw - top, bottom, or vers should look at all their safer sex options and choose what is best for them

given the nature of this site I would assume most not choosing condoms every time as their first choice- which is why PrEP is such a great advancement for those guys on the site who are still neg

(with the disclaimer of course that I am not a Dr- so guys should talk to their Dr and figure out what works for them)

• Upvote 1

On 7/4/2022 at 12:23 AM, Barebacker831 said:

I’m neg and about to take a verified poz load tonight. I take prep using the “on demand” method, taking two pills a few hours before fucking then one pill 24 hours later and 48 hours later. We’ll see how it works

I do the same. I can go weeks without getting bred, so I hate taking it every day due to the slight risk of side  effects. From what I've read, on-demand is approved in Europe but the U.S. FDA hasn't approved that dosing regimine.   That may be because they don't trust our average American to follow the instructions for on-demand dosing so it is better just to have them take it every day. 

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve been on Prep for almost 10 years, I started it when I lived in SF. Back then it was Truvada. Been taking Prep and Raw dick weekly, taking anon dick through the glory hole. 

I moved back home, Hawaii. After a brief scare with possible Monkey Pox, which turned out to be Staph infection, my doctor pose the possibility that I am immune to HIV and that daily Prep could have created some sort of immunity. Has anyone heard that before? She did say that there wasn’t enough information of prep on other infection diseases.   

• Downvote 1

38 minutes ago, Japbtm said:

I’ve been on Prep for almost 10 years, I started it when I lived in SF. Back then it was Truvada. Been taking Prep and Raw dick weekly, taking anon dick through the glory hole. 

I moved back home, Hawaii. After a brief scare with possible Monkey Pox, which turned out to be Staph infection, my doctor pose the possibility that I am immune to HIV and that daily Prep could have created some sort of immunity. Has anyone heard that before? She did say that there wasn’t enough information of prep on other infection diseases.   

🤨
I have never, ever heard about PrEP - antiretroviral drugs that suppress a virus, with the bonus advantage of preventing the Hiv-virus latching on - can cause immunity.

PrEP is NOT a vaccine.
There is still not ANY vaccine that protects against Hiv / AIDS. 

This gossip is dangerous mis-information, in line with Hiv-denialism and the other crackpots that deny the dangers of Covid-19 and spam social media with fairytales about Covid-vaccines being some kind of sinister plot or conspiracy.

*) Although since my Covid-19 vaccinations I must say the WiFi-reception in my appartment has been awesome.
Thank you Bill Gates and your marvellous micro-chips. 🙃😈

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators
On 7/27/2022 at 6:25 AM, Japbtm said:

my doctor pose the possibility that I am immune to HIV

This is possible if you have two copies of the mutant version of the CCR5 gene. You can have this tested for. It's quite rare.

and that daily Prep could have created some sort of immunity.

This is completely impossible. There is no mechanism by which it could do so. Your doctor must have flunked immunology.

She did say that there wasn’t enough information of prep on other [sexually transmitted] infection diseases.   

This is true. There is some research on on the use of doxycycline for this purpose, which appears to be moderately effective; see this topic:

On 7/4/2022 at 12:41 PM, hntnhole said:

When considering the effectiveness of PReP, take into consideration the danger of a crash while driving, walking across the street and getting run down, slipping and cracking your head open in the shower, all kinds of stuff.  Then, balance those risks against the above-mentioned reductions in risk of hiv, and you'll wind up with a fairly impressive appreciation of how PReP can protect you from hiv.  Nothing is fool-proof, we're all going to ditch at some point from something, and the way I see it, taking easily-accomplished steps with impressive track records of protection so I can live my life on my terms is - well - a no-brainer.

Sure, you'll pick up some treatable bugs once in a while.  Get regular testing, get rid of the bugs, and keep fucking.  The way I see it, a small price to pay for living the life I need to live.

Right?  

Our society has both subtle, and not so subtle, stigma against sex... especially gay sex.  Half the population of this country voted for a guy who thinks God's gonna judge us all for having gay sex.  Yet there are so many things that are obviously bad for us, like eating pizza or buying stuffin a ginormous plastic containers that turn into micro pebbles and permeate the fish we eat, or visiting a friend or family member in the hospital, ad infinitum.  

i have a sweet friend who texts me whenever he flies on an airplane saying if anything should happen, he loves me. It's too sweet for me to point out that he has more chance dying in a car crash on the way to the airport than dying on a plane, but he doesn't text me every time he gets into a car. 

Reality is, life is full of risks, whether we are conscious of them or not, we take many risks on a daily basis. i think an argument probably could be made that repressing ones sex drive could have deleterious health effects. 😉

• Like 1

16 hours ago, tallslenderguy said:

i think an argument probably could be made that repressing ones sex drive could have deleterious health effects. 😉

Ya think ???  Repressing one's sexual needs is downright dangerous to our health.  If we try to repress our sexual requirements, we'll get ingrown toenails, crossed eyes, our hair will fall out along with our teeth, and our fingers will curl up and fall off too. Our dicks will shrink, our balls wither away, and our assholes will start singing Over the Rainbow !!!  Imagine the horror of walking into a fuckjoint, with a hundred assholes singing that in every key - known and unknown. 

Obviously, we simply must keep Breeding each other !!!  Social order depends on it.  😏

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, hntnhole said:

... our assholes will start singing Over the Rainbow !!!  Imagine the horror of walking into a fuckjoint, with a hundred assholes singing that in every key - known and unknown. 

i hadn't thought of that angle... even friends of Dorothy would suffer. 

• Haha 1